Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News WinRAR 7

WinRAR-640x400.png

German developer win.rar GmbH has released WinRAR 7.0, a major new update to its powerful archiving tool for Windows.

Capable of opening a wide range of archive file types, from ZIP to CAB, GZip and ISO, WinRAR 7.0 focuses on introducing several improvements to its primary RAR format.
The big improvement in WinRAR 7.0 comes with newly added support for compression dictionary sizes larger than 1GB in size. Increasing this size can boost compression ratios on archives containing large files with repeated blocks of data, such as virtual machine disk images.

Version 7.0 supports compression dictionary sizes all the way up to 64GB; furthermore, users aren’t restricted to power of 2 sizes, allowing custom sizes such as 5GB or 22GB to be configured for use under Settings > Compression.

Several safeguards have been built in -- the WinRAR command line tool refuses by default to extract archives with dictionaries over 4GB in size, for example. This is done to prevent unexpected excessive memory allocation that could cause performance issues on the PC extracting the file.

Other improvements include the addition of an alternate search algorithm, optimized for locating longer and more distant data blocks. In addition to improving the compression ratio, it can also occasionally speed up the compression time for files containing large amounts of redundant data.
WinRAR-7-640x400.png
WinRAR specializes in creating RAR files with the maximum amount of flexibility and user control.

The feature does come with increased memory overheads, and can have the opposite effect on compression times with certain data types. It’s not enabled by default -- do so via the 'Long range search' options under 'Advanced compression parameters'.

The new release also drops support for creating older RAR (4.x) archives, although the app can still decompress existing RAR 4.x files. For a complete summary of the lengthy list of new features and improvements, check the program’s release notes.

A free trial version of WinRAR 7.0 is available now for PCs running Windows 7 or later. The full version can be purchased for €29.95 ($36.50) plus tax.

By Nick Peers
Feb 3 2024

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11375 (11375)
Member for 8 years
Not sure this is news. Been using 7.00 for awhile.

ibm650

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
699.1 GB
Uploaded
47.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years

WinRAR 7.00 Final released​

Release date: 28.02.2024, previous versions were beta​

WhiteLocks

eXPerience
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
774.5 GB
Uploaded
7.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Why bother with WinRAR, 7Zip is free and Windows 11 opens much archive files. :makeup:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Why bother with WinRAR, 7Zip is free and Windows 11 opens much archive files. :makeup:
Wish it was true but... Yes, Windows 11 can open Rar and 7zip. but as long as those are NOT password protected. If they are, you need the full programs. Also after some testing, I find Windows support to be MUCH slower than a native app. The reason is they used a library from Git that supports many compressed archives like .rar, .7zip, .tar, .tgz, etc. but sadly no password support for any of them and slower extraction/compression.

Last edited:

znop01

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
194 GB
Uploaded
762.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Wish it was true but... Yes, Windows 11 can open Rar and 7zip. but as long as those are NOT password protected. If they are, you need the full programs. Also after some testing, I find Windows way, MUCH slower than a native app. The reason is they used a library from Git that supports many compressed archives like .rar, .7zip, .tar, .tgz, etc. but sadly no password support for any of them and slower extraction/compression.
I don't think I've ever used the Windows 10 LTSC's built-in compression/decompression function as I always install WinRar and 7zip on my system(s) from the start. Moreover, I've always hated that password prompt, especially after downloading a large, assumed "free" video, movie, or album. Now and then the password can be found in the description.txt file but at that point, I've already automatically "Shift-Delete(d)" the entire file/folder because 9 out of 10 times when I go to decompress I get a popup directing me to some website that forces me to jump through several hoops and answer many questions just to get the file password and then after multiple Captcha-esk attempts don't :mad:

Last edited:

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Yeah, but all in all 7Z rules, at least for me. There was a time when I was not even aware of 7Z, but now, all I ever use is 7Z. Moreover, agreed, windows inbuilt function for compressed folders sucks.