Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Windows 11 restarts automatically whenever the system wakes-up from the sleep mode!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Pro

Banned
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Edition: Windows 11 Home Single Language (Pre-installed & Activated with laptop)
Version: 22H2
OS build: 22621.1702
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0
Laptop: Asus VivoBook X515EA
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1115G4 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 12.0 GB (11.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

History of past activity, since the error starts to occur:
  1. Turned off Device Encryption for all drives
  2. Split C drive into two (of course made the new drive with available space)
  3. Disabled VMD controller in BIOS (because during installation of Win10 SSD was not appearing)
  4. Disabled Fastboot & Secure Boot in BIOS
  5. Installed Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 (Dual boot) in the new drive
  6. Enabled Fastboot & Secure Boot in BIOS
  7. Uninstalled Win10 the next day by formatting the new drive from Win11, and also removed the Win10 from the boot section in MSConfig
  8. Merged new drive again with C drive
Errors:
  1. System boots to repair mode and crashes (BlueScreen) if I ENABLE VMD Controller in BIOS (tried automatic repair but no luck!)
    Crash snap:

2. If I keep VMD Controller DISABLED in BIOS then Windows 11 boots perfectly and everything works well as before EXCEPT for one thing - Windows 11 crashes and restarts automatically during wake-up from sleep!
    System Event snap:
If a Windows moderator can help me out with his/her expertise it'll be very very helpful for me as I really don't want to format my OS.
I appreciate your time & efforts, thank you. :)

Last edited:

WhiteLocks

eXPerience
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
774.5 GB
Uploaded
7.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Have you tried to turn off hybernate. Open cmd and type powercfg /h off

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
You could try to add the driver for the VMD controller to the Windows 10 installation, either integrate it to an iso or add it during installation but you would need the text version for that. There is a video on youtube on how to do this. Search for

How to Solve Cannot Find Drives when Installing Windows on Your Laptop | ASUS SUPPORT​

Mr. Pro

Banned
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Have you tried to turn off hybernate. Open cmd and type powercfg /h off
just applied after your suggestion, but the restart issue still persists! :(

Mr. Pro

Banned
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
You could try to add the driver for the VMD controller to the Windows 10 installation, either integrate it to an iso or add it during installation but you would need the text version for that. There is a video on youtube on how to do this. Search for

How to Solve Cannot Find Drives when Installing Windows on Your Laptop | ASUS SUPPORT​

Yes bro, spent a whole day on that thing and also added those RST drivers into the bootable pendrive but still SSD was missing during installation! So my frustration leads me to DISABLE VMD in BIOS! :oops:

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Are you trying to re install windows 10? Windows 11 is crashing because it can't boot without the RST drivers. When you install windows with the drive configured one way in the bios, ie AHCI, RAID, etc, then it will crash on boot if you change that setting. If you are trying to repair windows 11 then it will need a repair install.

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
254 (262)
Member for 7 years
@Mr. Pro is this a modded os?? or oem image?? try sfc /scannow to correct image issues!

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
Is fast start up enabled?
Disable it and check

Also check when you to shut down not restarted

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
I'm guessing is this:
Q0OLfQ.jpeg

...If true, that means Windows never actually go to sleep and there is a problem elsewhere. With so many steps you described, seriously reconsider a fresh install cause only God and the system log, know what went wrong and since you can't ask God for IT support, check the system log to see what is causing the issue.

Btw, nice seed times you got there, but we will talk about them at another point ;)

Last edited:

Mr. Pro

Banned
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
@Mr. Pro is this a modded os?? or oem image?? try sfc /scannow to correct image issues!
OEM,
sfc /scannow result: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Mr. Pro

Banned
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Is fast start up enabled?
Disable it and check

Also check when you to shut down not restarted
Fast Startup: DISABLED
Power Button: Shutdown
No luck, after the system sleeps during wake-up it crashes and restarts!

Mr. Pro

Banned
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I'm guessing is this:
Q0OLfQ.jpeg

...If true, that means Windows never actually go to sleep and there is a problem elsewhere. With so many steps you described, seriously reconsider a fresh install cause only God and the system log, know what went wrong and since you can't ask God for IT support, check the system log to see what is causing the issue.

Btw, nice seed times you got there, but we will talk about them at another point ;)
Yes, Automatic Restart on System failure is ON.

I am attaching a snap, this might be helpful!

Elzer

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
142.9 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
33 (32)
Member for 7 years
Press the Windows key along with the Pause or Break key to open the About window in the Settings app.
Now open "Advanced System Settings".
On the Advanced tab, go to system properties.
Scroll down to the "Startup and Recovery" section and select the "Settings" option listed here.
Now find the "System Crash" tab and uncheck the "Automatic Restart" option

Q0gYsv.png

Mr. Pro

Banned
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Press the Windows key along with the Pause or Break key to open the About window in the Settings app.
Now open "Advanced System Settings".
On the Advanced tab, go to system properties.
Scroll down to the "Startup and Recovery" section and select the "Settings" option listed here.
Now find the "System Crash" tab and uncheck the "Automatic Restart" option

Q0gYsv.png
If I Turn OFF Automatic Restart, then after sleep system is not waking-up (The screen is off! No key or touchpad turns the screen on). So I've to press the power button and restart the system!!!

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Yes, Automatic Restart on System failure is ON.

I am attaching a snap, this might be helpful!
As you see, a lot of Critical Kernel Power Error 41 (I assume those happen when it tries to go to sleep), followed by volume manager errors. Now that can mean a few things sadly and we all can only guess.
* Wrong bios disk/CPU/ram settings
* Wrong power management settings (both bios and windows)
* Overclock/heat/hardware issues
* Wrong /problematic drivers
* Wrong Windows settings (hibernation, power management, virtual memory management... many others)
It can be one or several of the above. Now, I don't think anyone for sure can tell you what really is wrong (maybe luck sometimes) unless we have hands on your laptop, to read the full minidump and set Windows to debug and to show the actual Bsod to find the exact component that causes this (in case you don't know Kernel errors means you BSOD every time, you just don't see it). Personally, I don't think it is worth the time.

The faster and easier way at this point to fix this is to start clean. Simply set bios to defaults and don't touch anything, format the disk (even the EFI partition), and install fresh full windows (no light, slim, etc) after getting proper drivers from the manufacturer and nowhere else. That will be your baseline. After that, if you still have issues (I guess you will not) it will probably mean a hardware-related error. If you don't have errors, then try to adjust whatever settings you want, be that bios, windows, etc, and test each one to make sure Windows is stable. This will be faster than anything else you might try, and in the end, look how much time you already wasted on this.

EDIT: By "waste time" I meant to have a working laptop. If you are interested to figure it out, gaining knowledge is never a waste of time.

Last edited:

Mr. Pro

Banned
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Finally solved the issue by "Reset this PC"! :angel:
Now I can wake it up from the sleep, without sprinkling water on it!!! :D
Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions and time. @Cyler @Jerry_Xristos @Wichestery2k @Elzer @WhiteLocks @pleiadians

Status
Not open for further replies.