Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Windows 10 wmd.exe crashes during gameplay - Black screen, still sound etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felixmaster

Downloaded
89.4 GB
Uploaded
162.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
So this is the first time i've come across this happening, I can't seem to find a solution that works though, i've not tried with other games, but while trying to play some overwatch today, it was constantly doing this after a couple of minutes.. i've looked in the event viewer and it said each time this happened that the wmd.exe has crashed and it tried to restart it over and over, but it kept failing.

I tried a fresh install just now, installed all drivers etc hoping to Thank that this would fix whatever was corrupted or whatever, but this is still happening.. does anyone have any experience with this and how to fix it? is it a graphics card issue? if so, what's the best way to figure out if it IS the graphics card of if it's some other kind of hardware issue.

Nothing had changed prior to anything else i'd done up til today, no updates etc.. just all of a sudden this has become an issue.

EDIT: After some research the wdm.exe (windows desktop manager) crashing and trying to re-open and just failing every time, is due to either corrupt drivers (which wasn't the case for me because I did a fresh install, uninstalled in safe-mode and reinstalled etc).. OR the GPU is going to absolute shit, which.. considering i've got a 2080ti, was kind of scary.. Thankfully it's still in warranty so they will either fix it, or replace it for me. I've had to swap it out with my 980ti and i've yet to have any issues like what I did with my 2080ti.. It's super weird that it happened suddenly one day, there weren't any weird updates, nothing like that.. just out of the blue, it screwed up.

Last edited:

Jerry_Xristos

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
Read this
Code:
https://www.file.net/process/wdm.exe.html

Alessia_Amelia

Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
1.7 TB
Uploaded
51.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Googled "overwatch game black screen still have sound game crashes" Go to the game's homepage for this, it addresses the issue pretty thoroughly. Good Luck :)

Gorstak

āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
291.2 GB
Uploaded
112.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
you mean dwm.exe? Or is that some overwatch file, not windows file? What are your cpu and gpu temperatures? Fans spinning?

If it's not windows, but overwatch file, it could possibly mean overwatch admin is trying to spy on you, and you have something active preventing that.

Felixmaster

Downloaded
89.4 GB
Uploaded
162.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Read this
Code:
https://www.file.net/process/wdm.exe.html
I don't think that's quite right as I definitely do not have anything by that name on my computer, nor have I ever. This is referring to windows desktop manager as I found out after research with this issue. i'll be updating the post just for anyone else that comes across this issue.

Googled "overwatch game black screen still have sound game crashes" Go to the game's homepage for this, it addresses the issue pretty thoroughly. Good Luck :)
It's not the game window itself that's black it's ALL of my screens that went black, so it's not an issue with overwatch itself, it's an issue with something else going on, because it's like my monitors were all "disconnected" or not plugged in, everything else worked fine, but because of that, I couldn't see anything at all.

you mean dwm.exe? Or is that some overwatch file, not windows file? What are your cpu and gpu temperatures? Fans spinning?

If it's not windows, but overwatch file, it could possibly mean overwatch admin is trying to spy on you, and you have something active preventing that.
Nope! definitely referring to wdm.exe it's the windows desktop manager apparently.. after doing a bunch of research it seems to be a few things, mostly either drivers are corrupted OR the GPU has I AM AN IDIOT up somehow, because it's like my monitors were all "disconnected" or not plugged in, everything else worked fine, but because of that, I couldn't see anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.