Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Windows 10 LTSC/LTSB unclosable 'pick an app' window problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suvam4549

Downloaded
5.1 GB
Uploaded
6.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Check the screenshot:
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Create a second user account without Administrative privileges.
2. Log onto the non-admin account and get into a situation where Windows 10 pick an app asks for an app from Windows store (Provided you don't have a application with that protocol installed already). (E.g. Open IDM, Then under the 'help' menu, click on 'Tell a friend' in my situation)
3. This window sticks on to the center of the screen with no way to close. It can't even be terminated using Task Manager. If you try to kill the process, it'd say you aren't admin!
Under normal circumstances, it'd just open the Windows store with a search for the protocol (e.g. mailto here). Or on builds without Store, it can be closed without any hassle on ADMIN accounts. The only fix so far is to LOG OUT, then LOG ON again. Not a feasible solution for annoyance so small, right? Please suggest a fix!

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I would say its difficult to find the cause until you deeply research check everything from start.. which i would not prefer i would try restoring your windows where previously it worked fine otherwise just get an updated windows iso from here & do a fresh install to have a clean pc without issues

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Based on the window I see, your issue is you don't have a default pop3/mapi mail client installed. Whenever you click on any link in a web page or program that requires email communication, windows try to open the default mail client, and since you don't have any... error message. 2 ways to solve if the above is the case.

1. Install pop3 client (many on net and/or store) and associate in default apps with mapimail
2. Don't click on the mail link.

Hope it helped :)

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
225.3 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
I don't use an email client. I just have my default set to open Chrome and Edge Chromium for my Gmail.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
We are talking about 2 different mail triggers here. One that happens within a web page (mailto: link) and one that happens from a program (most often in about help/contact sections).

Windows 10 Pro/Ent has a mail client by default and its a cut-down version of outlook (same as with calendar too). Windows LTSC/LTSB doesn't have a default client for IMAP/POP3 mail and a user must install one if they want to use such function.
chrome_2020-07-19_10-10-59.jpg

Examples of IMAP clients are Thunderbird from Mozilla, eM Client, Outlook (the app), windows mail, etc. The problem the original poster has (I think) is when you click on a mailto link or option and don't have a client set up in associations. One can also set the webmail (Gmail, etc) to be a mailto valid link.

Suvam4549

Downloaded
5.1 GB
Uploaded
6.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
do a fresh install to have a clean pc without issues
It's a fresh install bro...

2. Don't click on the mail link.
I know but the bug was the unremovable alert in case of the missing program.. It should vanish by clicking anywhere else on the screen -- that should be the default behavior.... Anyways.. This thread should be closed now. @SiteWizard @vdogeek

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Try pressing ESC, it worked for me.

Upon request, the thread is closed.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.5 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@Suvam4549 thank you for the info :)
Closing this thread on request from thread starter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.