Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Windows 10 boot issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

brahmajivv

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
180.6 GB
Uploaded
8.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I have using a pc Optiplex 7080 with 2 x NVMe 1.8Tb SSDs as sever application connected via LAN, just now it crashed, tried to restore but boot issue preventing it, startup repair also didn't work.

How ever after swapping drives and trying enabling AHCI/RAID and all some how booted to 2nd SSD(Disk 1), seems like some one has installed windows 10 on the 2nd SSD also but i need 1st .

Now i want to boot / repair boot to windows 10 the First SSD(Disk 0),how should I proceed.
Considering below:
1. I have no idea on RAID (No experience also it's ON or OFF)
2. I had tried Easy BCD to add new entry to the SSD but no success (being EFI i think)
3. I Have tried diskpart to build boot(all exprimenting as i m not sue out of these drives which is 1st n 2nd) but I m not sure did it made the pc boot to the.(if any one knew it is the best method plz advise best commands.)
4. I have limited internet (in MBs only being Satellite Nework)
5. I don't have repair disk for this pc(but i have some downloads mentioning same from teamos) but issue is how i select which partitions boot it to repair.

Below Screenshots as available.
QU3WQv.jpg
QU3tNM.jpg

Last edited:

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
Is your HDD partioned?

vigipirate

Downloaded
1.6 TB
Uploaded
7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
good morning I'm afraid for you it will be complicated Your two ssd in raid mirror that is to say if a hard drive drops the second also is the disadvantage of the raid The best is to capture your C: \ in install.wim winntup does it very well or other with dism reinstall all cleanly on a windows 10 iso then apply your capture image I only see that I can be wrong but for the boot that will not work a repair I think or reset this PC keep the files try this

brahmajivv

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
180.6 GB
Uploaded
8.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Gp
good morning I'm afraid for you it will be complicated Your two ssd in raid mirror that is to say if a hard drive drops the second also is the disadvantage of the raid The best is to capture your C: \ in install.wim winntup does it very well or other with dism reinstall all cleanly on a windows 10 iso then apply your capture image I only see that I can be wrong but for the boot that will not work a repair I think or reset this PC keep the files try this
Good Morning.

I too suspected too much complication being RAID, which i never even used.
Seems reset only option as i understand from your suggestion..
but i see both C and D Drive sizes different and contents from C:(server files) are last June 2021, and D:(server files) are 25 Apr 2022, so i was looking for options like there might be a chance of recovering. For DISM commands, i m not sure will it repair both SSD(Ofcourse i too suspect that in raid one OS for both SSDs but not sure) Still i m not clear on the system on a raid configured PC.

Thanks for suggesting. will look any more options else will go for reset then.

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,404.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
I use Dell Optiplex 7010 older that yours with i 5 and i am OK.
Give some screenshots to be more understood.

brahmajivv

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
180.6 GB
Uploaded
8.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I use Dell Optiplex 7010 older that yours with i 5 and i am OK.
Give some screenshots to be more understood.

Being i m remote user to this server, don't know much on the initial config till it went haywire. Screenshots can revert later

Disk don't know for sure but seems in RAID1, but disk part0 having latest files disk part1 having files till Jun 21, now some how booted to disk part1 after lot of exchanging SSD locations and enabling and disabling bios settings.

Just need to know is it possible to boot to disk part1.

I m end user engaged in it to restore now, so no idea what initial configuration OS or OSs in it.

Last edited:

brahmajivv

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
180.6 GB
Uploaded
8.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Is your HDD partias in screenshots both SSDSs are partitioned,
Yes both are paritioned as in screenshot same size might be due to RAID. but data mismatch since June 21

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
Yes both are paritioned as in screenshot same size might be due to RAID. but data mismatch since June 21
Use Aomei partition assistant to merge your HDD's
From your bios set your HDD's to ACHI mode
Try again to install windows
It would be better this way, my opinion
PS: If you want to recovery you discs first use a recovery disc (WinPE) from the recovery tools section, plenty to choose from

brahmajivv

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
180.6 GB
Uploaded
8.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
S
Use Aomei partition assistant to merge your HDD's
From your bios set your HDD's to ACHI mode
Try again to install windows
It would be better this way, my opinion
PS: If you want to recovery you discs first use a recovery disc (WinPE) from the recovery tools section, plenty to choose from
My target was to boot to 1st SSD with minimum issue/changed to the server application setup in 1st SSD(understood clean install best option but looking not to ).
Changing to ACHI mode doesn't let the pc tmboot to the 2nd SSD too, enabling RAID ends up boot to 2nd SSD, I tried adding boot device by selecting 1st SSD and starting but doesn't suceed.
Just found that Raid isn't enabled both are showing Non RAID disks as in screenshots belowalso by merging partitions will delete the data in one partition understood but i doubt it will opt me to boot in to them.

Regarding WinPE I will try again earlier used Ventoy but didn't succeed(before was able to boot 2nd SSD not after).
I m planing for Gandalf lets see.
Any particular section i shall concentrate for repairing boot on to particular disk

brahmajivv

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
180.6 GB
Uploaded
8.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Can i use diskpart to repair boot of 1st SSD when i already using win10 in 2nd SSD's Windows 10

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
Can i use diskpart to repair boot of 1st SSD when i already using win10 in 2nd SSD's Windows 10
Yes you can

brahmajivv

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
180.6 GB
Uploaded
8.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Yes you can
Tried it and succeded force booting by adding boot option in bios setup, sfc and chkdsk completed repairs but windows corrupt too much kept on flashing si**.exe hard error, being not know the proper iso which they used to install i cannot execute DSIM commants to restore health alwys retaurning verification issue, so i have up, let the IT dept take over.

Thanks for suggestions

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Tried it and succeded force booting by adding boot option in bios setup, sfc and chkdsk completed repairs but windows corrupt too much kept on flashing si**.exe hard error, being not know the proper iso which they used to install i cannot execute DSIM commants to restore health alwys retaurning verification issue, so i have up, let the IT dept take over.

Thanks for suggestions
Can we close the thread now?

brahmajivv

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
180.6 GB
Uploaded
8.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count