Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Window product OEM_COA_NSLP Transfer to other computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorfin231

Downloaded
5.3 GB
Uploaded
12.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I have a small issue to install OEM_COA_NSLP Windows product key, Then i got wrong unit that was already install the product key, so I think it is possible to transfer to other unit?

hrcan24

Downloaded
44.5 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I believe that is not transferrable to a new PC.

Thorfin231

Downloaded
5.3 GB
Uploaded
12.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I believe that is not transferrable to a new PC.
yeh, :( I appreciate what I did.

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
I assume you are working in IT to come across this.

Windows has 2 main types of licenses
Retail and OEM.
Retail = The person owns the copy of windows and can install it on whichever PC for personal use he is currently using but ONLY 1 PC at a time can be activated with the same serial. If the PC is sold, the license stays with the user.
OEM = The windows belong to the PC and can only be used with that specific PC no matter the person who is using it. If the PC is sold, the license goes with it.

OEM license has some more subcategories:
COA = Certificate Of Authenticity. It's the small sticker by the side of the PC. It is supposed to be used ONLY when for any reason the OEM serial fails (the company went out of business for example)
SLP/NSLP = System Locked / Non System Locked. IF SLP is activated windows also checks the hardware serial number (motherboard/disk) or not if it's NSLP. It's more of a regional law thing. Some companies/countries' laws ask for this.

So as you see and as @hrcan24 said the license can not be transferred to a different PC but you are allowed to change Hardware (motherboard/disks etc) in that same PC.

Hope it helped.

Thorfin231

Downloaded
5.3 GB
Uploaded
12.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years

Retail and OEM.
Retail = The person owns the copy of windows and can install it on whichever PC for personal use he is currently using but ONLY 1 PC at a time can be activated with the same serial. If the PC is sold, the license stays with the user.
OEM = The windows belong to the PC and can only be used with that specific PC no matter the person who is using it. If the PC is sold, the license goes with it.

COA = Certificate Of Authenticity. It's the small sticker by the side of the PC. It is supposed to be used ONLY when for any reason the OEM serial fails (the company went out of business for example)
SLP/NSLP = System Locked / Non System Locked. IF SLP is activated windows also checks the hardware serial number (motherboard/disk) or not if it's NSLP. It's more of a regional law thing. Some companies/countries' laws ask for this.

So as you see and as @hrcan24 said the license can not be transferred to a different PC but you are allowed to change Hardware (motherboard/disks etc) in that same PC.

Hope it helped.

Retail and OEM.

Hope it helped.
Thank you sir, appreciated
This problem were already solved, It's now firmware installed and can not be install to other pc. but you can use the product key as a recycle license but not install on firmware of device it's copy of Oem license registered to hard drive id, thank you sir

Status
Not open for further replies.