Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Win 10 recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorgarag

Downloaded
5.2 GB
Uploaded
5.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Hi, all. i am causal windows user, non technical and ignorant. For the last two years i was using Windows 10 lite neon gamer.
My question is, can you recommend me win 10 lite that is for offline use. i would like win 10, as much lite as possible, with internet services disabled.
or if you know a tool that can disable any windows service. i downloaded win 10 neon gamer here, i am very satisfied with it, but i was not on this site since them.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
You don't need to install a new OS to do that. You just need to disable your internet connection.

Try Googling something like "How do I turn off Internet on Windows 10?"

Vorgarag

Downloaded
5.2 GB
Uploaded
5.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
thank you for fast answer. i said that i was casual and ignorant, i don't have patience to research this.basically when os is installed about 30 services are already running, i believe that most of them are not needed, like cryptographic service. some i disable manually others i can't or they turn on by themselves.

after 2 years the os has become somewhat clogged because of installed programs, and some of them i was unable to uninstall (3DS Max for example). the laptop i use off line only, and i want more efficient performance without internet services running in the background. Some programs install various other extra programs that start with windows and are impossible to uninstall or stopped at services like 3DS Max, only slowing the machine.

recently i got a problem with one game (silica) that freezes about every 5 seconds and it is because game want's to connect to internet or something, and i was thinking if background services would be disabled maybe that wouldn't happen.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Ok, let's clear some things up, and know @Vorgarag I mean no offense if I seem so.
First: Because some things don't seem needed, it isn't so. The OS (any OS) is not mainly for the user but its the "middle man" for software including games, to work on a computer and so, some services are needed directly by and for the user, and some services are needed by the Software/Game to work.

Let's see as an example the cryptographic service you mentioned. That service is used by software and not directly by the user, to encrypt and decrypt data, but also provide secure user authentication (what we call username/password) that is either saved locally or transmitted. So by switching this off, you may make your PC less secure, and some software that uses Microsoft CryptoAPI won't work. My point is, what may seem "useless" can be very useful in a lot of cases when we examine it deeper.

Now in your case, tho I am pretty sure the game doesn't freeze because it checks for the internet, as that check is a couple of lines of codes that have no impact on performance, if you believe so, all you need to do is disable the network interfaces by pressing start, typing network connections and in the windows that will open right click on main (or all) interfaces and select disable. When you do that, windows will report no network in all apps that may ask. IF in the future you may need internet, just go back and enable it.

QGXX2g.jpeg

Your game probably freezing because as you said your system may be overloaded by other software you use or have used in the past or because the game is a bit demanding and your hardware (needs a good CPU, 16 GB of ram (tho can run at 8 on minimum, and semi-decent graphic card) may have a hard time running it, tho you don't tell us the laptop specs and I can be wrong about the last one. I would set the game on minimum settings and check if that fixes things a bit.

Now I will tell you this about the services in general and in a simple way since as you say don't know a lot, and do what you want with it. Think of a service as a client in a cafe and the CPU is the person that makes the coffee (the barista). As long as no client asks for coffee, you can have 1 or 100 clients in the shop, and the barista will be sitting and doing nothing. Same for the services, you can have 1 or 100 running at the same time, as long as they are not needed they take ZERO time from the CPU, always speaking about the services that come with Windows and not 3rd party. Its not that simple but you get the idea I hope. I won't go into more detail as it may get confusing, but services should be the last thing to check for low performance.

Other than that I doubt if there is a window here (or anywhere) with the network removed completely so either disable the interfaces as I showed you above or sadly google if and how you can do it.

Hope it helped.

Last edited:

Vorgarag

Downloaded
5.2 GB
Uploaded
5.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
thank you for answer. many players have reported the freezing issue with silica game, someone just today that he solved the freezing by turning wi-fi off. i don't know what is causing it but its not because of hardware.
i would like to have minimum services running

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Well, wifi off is the solution I told you about (disable the adapter) which will be enough to test your hypothesis. As far as services go, do as you believe is best for you, and hope you find a solution.

ANDYhaw

Downloaded
30.6 GB
Uploaded
31.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
If youre using a laptop, just hit the Wifi button at the buttom right corner and disable the connection.

kenzaki

Downloaded
63.8 GB
Uploaded
23.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Turn off the connection if laptop then if pc just unplug the cable.

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
93.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
264 (272)
Member for 7 years
just like cyler mentioned you can disable it, under network services....

Vorgarag

Downloaded
5.2 GB
Uploaded
5.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
thank you for your answers. i have wifi and lan disabled in bios and don't use pc for internet.
i reinstalled win 10 and here is a list of services that run without anything else installed.
some of the servics are for network, i would like to permanently disable everything that is for internet.

Jiratram

Downloaded
40.5 GB
Uploaded
150.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Try this W10 Build: https://www.teamos.xyz/threads/windows-10-x-lite-vitality.193096/
This build has the least services running I think (see if this is somehow similar to ur current OS.) I highly doubt there is a thing that removes all services related to networking etc. I advise to rather try the build I mentioned or more likely you have to research each services you think that uses networking. I remember I did disable one before but it somehow kind of crashes my whole thing so be careful.

Vorgarag

Downloaded
5.2 GB
Uploaded
5.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
thank you. i will try this one.

erobbins

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
200.3 GB
Uploaded
5.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Have you considered virtual machines? VmWare Workstation works very well. Even if your physical drive has internet, you can choose not to have the internet on the virtual. A new install always works the best, not too much on it. So if you do start using a virtual and it starts slowing down, then just delete it. VmWorkstation does need more memory than basic computers have, the more the better. You can have a virtual just for gaming. Or, you can install Windows on a portable SSD, make a clone before starting to use it then when that install starts slowing down, just use the clone. I don't even use my internal drive.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
366 (418)
Member for 9 years
thank you for your answers. i have wifi and lan disabled in bios and don't use pc for internet.
i reinstalled win 10 and here is a list of services that run without anything else installed.
some of the servics are for network, i would like to permanently disable everything that is for internet.

Unplug your cable

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
93.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
264 (272)
Member for 7 years
@Chuck and @Jerry_Xristos I think we can agree this is a dead end and turning, into a chit chat....
So I completed it let me know what y'all think?

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
@Chuck and @Jerry_Xristos I think we can agree this is a dead end and turning, into a chit chat....
So I completed it let me know what y'all think?
Good call. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.