Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

WIFI tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nueva63

Downloaded
50.9 GB
Uploaded
32.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 months
As mentioned im looking for a good wifi scanner wich pinpoint wifi transmitters.Im not interested in any hacking of passwords.What i need is a software or an app that show wifi connections in a specific are.
For example i come to a new area and i want to see where the wifi transmitters or routers are located.
Is there such a software or app?
I been searching but cant find any good ones so i turn to the experts here that has the skills and knowledge to give a direct answer.
If my queston or request is NOT allowed ..Admins can delete asap
Thnx in advance guys
/Mike

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
I'll keep it simple if you want to avoid physics and complex math. It can not be done. To be more precise, Theoretically, it can be done, if you live out in the country and open space without (many) buildings, you can have an estimate if you are good at trigonometry but never an exact location. Practically, with one app and a phone... no it can not be done.

Theoretically, and with a very simplistic explanation, you would need 3 locations to measure the wifi strength and then triangulate on a map.

In practice tho... it will never happen.
A. I don't think there is an exact relation between wifi signal strength and distance when it comes to phones and wifi. Some routers have more powerful antennas others don't. You don't know the antenna gain, the signal power... and many either factors.
B. Wifi has a relatively short distance so... it's hard to triangulate
C. In City areas some routers are positioned on the Z axis, higher/lower than you, and so it can be on top of you by a few floors, but the signal will be weak and appear as it is far away. Now add other obstacles like walls, mirrors other wifi routers, etc that affect the signal strength and so all measurements will be potentially misleading.

Just get an app that shows the wifi strength and with some walking and turning around and some guessing you can find the general area.

Last edited:
Downloaded
172.6 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 months
Hello,

Understood your question, let me give some rough examples. Firstly, Windows in-built connection be able find nearest active connection (see my screenshot below, the yellow marked are my neighbours) in a daytime there will be about ~10 active connections around (its 2325hrs here) so some of my nearest neighbours tend to close their connections if not in use (I don't know why .. LOL). As said by @Cyler "Wifi has a relatively short distance so... it's hard to triangulate" and it depends on the router's performance. In my country basically we use the standard routers supplied by ISP so, the signal spread is limited unless the user purchased high performance routers with long-range antennas.

With smartphone, you may turn on built-in WiFi and walk around your neighbourhood to find available sources (mostly they're WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK) protected from intruders. For hotspots There are a number of smartphone and web apps that can be used to help find hotspots. Some of the more popular include WeFi, Wi-Fi Map (iOS and Android), and Wi-Fi Space. Finally, to remember the maximum distance for standard home WiFi is 300 feet (about 100 meters).

Hope that clarifies the basics :)

Screenshot-235.jpg

Nueva63

Downloaded
50.9 GB
Uploaded
32.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 months
Thnx guys appreciate it.Since im living in a VERY remote area on the other side of the world and in order to have internet people are using starlink satellite internet(SpaceX)
And TORRENTS are restricted by starlink so you can NOT use it.What i really wanted is some sort of software to track the signal given by the disk to the sattellite.Or the wifi signal.
Thats what i ment.To be able to see who has starlink or not would be useful.I tried to look for a software that can show the radio signal going up in space but i cant find.You may ask WHY does he want to find sattellite users?Very simple i want to make a community with users and share ideas and concerns regarding starlink in VERY remote areas and the users has no idea about starlink they just bought it and connect their phones to play and facebook 24/7.The latency is not the best for gaming and stuff and many comes and ask about that.So if anyone has some ideas pls share.
Thnx again
/Mike

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
There is no such software nor can ever be. Starlink uses too high of a bandwidth for cameras to see. If I remember well, it's in ranges of 17 to 19.3GHz and 37 to 42GHz. In comparison the phone cameras at best they can detect infrared which is at 36 KHz. There was an experimental "camera" (actually it was an antenna) and with the right software it could detect and translate wifi signals to color but even those are way too low (at 2.4GHz and 5GHz ranges)

BUT... there is a solution for you, and one that will allow you to download torrents via Starlink.

All you need is a Seedbox (even a free one like Debreed). The seedbox downloads the torrent for you in their server, and they give you a direct link via browser HTTPS to download the torrent content and so use the full bandwidth of Starlink or any other internet with torrent restrictions. On top it offers protection cause it's their IP that shows and not yours or whoever you borrow internet from. You can buy a month-long subscription, download anything you need, cancel, and do that once every 3-4 months and you won't even feel the cost.

Give it a try and see :)

Last edited:

Elzer

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
144.6 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
33 (32)
Member for 7 years
HTTP:
https://www.starlink.com/map?view=availability
5 4 3 2 1

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
54 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
261 (269)
Member for 7 years
the most yuou can do with an app see band names and channels each frequency is transmisting like 2.4ghz,5ghz and 6ghz

Nueva63

Downloaded
50.9 GB
Uploaded
32.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 months
There is no such software nor can ever be. Starlink uses too high of a bandwidth for cameras to see. If I remember well, it's in ranges of 17 to 19.3GHz and 37 to 42GHz. In comparison the phone cameras at best they can detect infrared which is at 36 KHz. There was an experimental "camera" (actually it was an antenna) and with the right software it could detect and translate wifi signals to color but even those are way too low (at 2.4GHz and 5GHz ranges)

BUT... there is a solution for you, and one that will allow you to download torrents via Starlink.

All you need is a Seedbox (even a free one like Debreed). The seedbox downloads the torrent for you in their server, and they give you a direct link via browser HTTPS to download the torrent content and so use the full bandwidth of Starlink or any other internet with torrent restrictions. On top it offers protection cause it's their IP that shows and not yours or whoever you borrow internet from. You can buy a month-long subscription, download anything you need, cancel, and do that once every 3-4 months and you won't even feel the cost.

Give it a try and see :)
THERE it is..Finally i can give Mr Elon Musk my middle finger and download whatever i want.Mr Cyler i cant thank you enough for your help.Now THATS a SUPER ADMIN in the right sens.Thnx bro

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
54 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
261 (269)
Member for 7 years
THERE it is..Finally i can give Mr Elon Musk my middle finger and download whatever i want.Mr Cyler i cant thank you enough for your help.Now THATS a SUPER ADMIN in the right sens.Thnx bro
can we complete this then??

Nueva63

Downloaded
50.9 GB
Uploaded
32.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 months
can we complete this then??
Yes sir..thnx so much for the answers

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
54 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
261 (269)
Member for 7 years
Yes sir..thnx so much for the answers
done thanks to everyone who contributed!

Status
Not open for further replies.