Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked What OS is good for DAWS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
65 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Anyone having good experience running DAWs (FL Studio, Ableton and such) in any specific DAW from TeamOS?

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I haven't seen an OS created with sound processing in mind, but it doesn't mean that it don't exist.
We have quite a few members that do that kind of thing, @SiteWizard and @ButchyBear comes to mind.
Maybe they will give you a better answer.

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
227.6 GB
Uploaded
1.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
Ubuntu Studio is your best bet.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
I thought that Windows 10 could cope with 24bit, 192000Hz audio.
Isn't that professional quality? What am I missing?

LauRoman

Downloaded
6.5 GB
Uploaded
168.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Depends on what you do. I think XP was the last windows os not to have soundcards HALed into oblivion, but no one should be running that these days.

If pulseaudio is not what works best for you, there most likely are other linux distros still using an alternative to it.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
233.6 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@BlaabjergOnBeat " Anyone having good experience running DAWs (FL Studio, Ableton and such) in any specific DAW from TeamOS? "

When you have a computer with 32 GB ram then it should be fine :)
i use windows 10 Pro here and my fruity loops and other music program are running fast and smooth :)
Here is a picture from wat music programs i use most

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,433.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
SiteWizard gave you the answer try these programs because he knows about music. And told you about 32 GB ram. Go for it and test them all.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
233.6 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@BlaabjergOnBeat look here this i have make with fruityloops 20 ,
it is indian music but with a real Beat and effects :) it play 1 hour and the download is 88,6 MB

ok New download link added have fun !!

Last edited:

m003m

Downloaded
16.6 GB
Uploaded
23.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
im a sound engineer...

windows obviously... forget linux, theres nothing on that if you're serious

Win10 will be faster than 7... (debloated)... Win11 seems even more... gonna get better in some months, but code cleaner... anyway you'll need at least Win10 for VST/VST2 compatibility (forget3).

pretty much the same as you would want for gaming.. meaning everything that you dont need removed... defender, cortana, onedrive, edge, updates, all animation, tweaked, debloated, etc...

forget StartAllBack... get valinet ExplorerPatcher instead

forget 192K as mentioned above... that's useless... thats to cool down some classical purist that wont ever hear the difference ever... might have to do with the nyquist frequency when multiple plugins... but all it will really change is 4x less stuff that you can put on your tracks.

get SSD for OS only.

thats pretty much it

;-)

Last edited:

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
233.6 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
get valinet ExplorerPatcher instead
Sorry buddy but it is " valiant explorer patcher " and NOT valinet :)

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
141.8 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@BlaabjergOnBeat i guess you have enough answers given from @SiteWizard as well as others.. If its ok can we close this thread ..

m003m

Downloaded
16.6 GB
Uploaded
23.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Sorry buddy but it is " valiant explorer patcher " and NOT valinet :)

lol... nope buddy... it's Valinet ;-)

SCREENSHOT

Valentin-Gabriel Radu aka.Valinet... thats the dude who wrote it.

Last edited:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
I would agree with @m003m The windows that a daw needs, are not something fancy, nor all things affect daw performance or any performance as many people think. The placebo effect is strong in these cases.
Since it's, a production workstation I would suggest getting an LTSC full windows version (Not a lite, thin, superthin, extra-slim, or on diet builds).
Why LTSC? It has factory removed all the bloatware (Cortana, one drive, store, etc) as it's made for rock steady workstation work. It doesn't receive ANY experimental updates that brick or cause problems in other windows versions. Choose any build you like, they are all fine as they are all the same core and just have different security updates.
* Disable defender and don't add ANY antivirus, or if you do, make sure the working folders for your daw are in the exclusion list for real-time scanning.
* Disable indexing or again make sure the DAW working folders are not included in the indexing list.
* If you have a dedicated graphics card, you can leave windows visual fx on as they are passed to the card, if not disable them.

Rest is up to your hardware and your research, but since you didn't ask for hardware I will not talk about that even tho it's the most important thing. Not all hardware was created equal even tho they may have the same name.

Since you won't pay for the windows from here, do some tests. Download an LTSC and pro and whatever else, set one app like Cubase or whatever apps you or your clients use, and test it with like 24 channels playback and few channels record, and a few effects per channel and see how it goes. Nothing better than hands-on experience.

Last edited:

m003m

Downloaded
16.6 GB
Uploaded
23.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
ya, thats the idea, agrees with @Cyler on a lot too... although not LTSC, im talking by experience, its gonna create problem down the road, the thing is that LTSC receive very few updates only once a year or so and they are LTSC oriented updates which is not what you're gonna be using the system for, LTSC isnt a workstation OS its a super stability oriented barebone OS for task specific system that pretty much dont change, which music isnt, was created more for like an MRI machine or air control or a powerplant, etc, and anyhow its still gonna need tweak and debloathing, thats still windows.. lol.

The idea anyway is not to strip to go to the last Hz of power, those last % are problematic to get and in the end useless.
Also many windows parts are impossible to remove or add after install and that can be small things, like install without magnifier and try to add it later, you wont succeed.

You want the less resources taking as possible not because you want the maximum speed but because you want STABLE STABLE STABLE.

you dont want the thing to crash in yur face in the middle of a track when there's 40 plugins running, whether you can put 48 or 53 of these is not what you're working for.

Im not a fan of the Lite/SuperLite/SkinnyAsFuk version, even if they arent bad, as often there's blocked settings "controlled by your organization" stuff and they are not the most stable and never exactly what yu want and these too needs powershell debloating scripts.

if you really want to go nitty gritty, get Win10/Win11 directly from windows and learn to modify the .Wim yourself with NtLite or else.

It can get tricky like, if you remove cortana ok but dont remove search too or all will crash eventually.

then get full updates, then block it forever.

Defender though is surely the first that should really be remove from the .Win prior to install because microsoft worked hard so that it stays there and "Defend" shit, so even if disabled its still there in the background taking place and resources no matter what,... that thing is cancer and surgery is the best option by far.

also it wont block AND delete automatically small precious files you need telling you its a virus... lol

anti-virus too are bullshit, never put any of these thats creating more problem than anything and constant background and if you know what you have you dont have virus.

Locktime NetLimiter though is great though you'll have full control of what goes in or out.

ya indexing off.

sure visualFx are mainly done by the GPU but that still needs CPU and involves more stuff running so less stability.

you wanna make music, I AM AN IDIOT those fades n shadows.

hardware is like, yeah again... research... towards STABLE, not super fast.

will also depends of what kind of music you are doing.

but sure again SSD for OS alone for stability reason.

and most importantly you really gotta work by stage when you built that cause weirdly you can install the same windows twice the same way and one might be stable the other not, go figure.

so get Acronis True Image and do a single scheme image of every stable significant step forwards.

Last edited:

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
233.6 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@m003m , @Cyler well i have typed valinet in google and i only found valiant explorer patcher ...
that is why i wrote " Sorry buddy but it is " valiant explorer patcher " and NOT valinet :) "

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
@m003m What I will write is not intended to change minds and opinions but only to state some facts.

although not LTSC, im talking by experience, its gonna create problem down the road, the thing is that LTSC receive very few updates only once a year or so and they are LTSC oriented updates which is not what you're gonna be using the system for, LTSC isnt a workstation OS its a super stability oriented barebone OS for task specific system that pretty much dont change, which music isnt, was created more for like an MRI machine or air control or a powerplant, etc, and anyhow its still gonna need tweak and debloathing, thats still windows.. lol.

I have been using LTSB/C since their inception and after thoroughly testing both as to performance and durability (we call it validation in the IT) in various very intensive professional environments some having to do with sound processing and sound recording, and I can tell you this, which you can also verify online by other test sites and sources.

LTSC is not something exotic, it was created as a demand and a need from various professional groups that did not want MS to update their PCs. Such groups include Banks, hospitals, the military, and in general professions that
1. Need full control of their PC including the upgrade circles and not let MS decide when and what to upgrade.
2, NEVER get experimental builds and unnecessary features, that may or may not crash a particular PC or change its performance in an unpredictable way.
3. Nothing that will render their current software (including drivers) obsolete or incompatible, before they are ready to migrate (remember the fiasco of 20H1 and older drivers?).

LTSC is what windows 10 would be if they followed the path of windows 7. An upgrade every 2/3 years (service packs essentially) and mini-updates in between. The difference now is that the updates happen ONLY through the form of new builds and not upgrades (and for a few good reasons) and the only updates they receive are the same security updates as pro/enterprise but not ANY other updates or new windows (beta) software (like the new paint for example) or updates that are not considered Professional/business-oriented. That's is why they have no store or game box, and other such "goodies" but they did receive the new edge. (keep in mind you can add store if you really need it). Because of the LTSC scope, the main core components like Kernel, etc ONLY get updated when there is a stable and tested kernel. This is why the new windows LTSC will be the 21h2 version as the kernel and core components like the Windows driver model are now stable and tested and Windows 11 is not yet there.

So it's not a "barebone" OS but rather it's full-blown windows with nothing missing except the latest (useless) MS additions in windows that people switch off most of the time anyway. It has every capability in networking, hardware management, software compatibility, etc as any windows out there. I have yet to find any professional or not software that will not run in LTSC except one game that asked for 21xx (store/Xbox reasons) and a game controller that would not function for the same reasons, and I think that's about it, tho I haven't tested every software out there but I'm sure with so many LTSC users in here we would have heard about it.

We all need to remember that OSes are free here (except the VIP :p ) so it's easy to test as I said in my post, even concurrently by partitioning a disk and doing an a/b test. As they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and so is the choice for an OS after reading comments from here.

I want to thank all of you and specially @m003m for his professional opinion and with that, the thread will close before it will derail.
If there is a need to reopen, please contact a mod/admin to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.