Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

UTORRENT PRO USED FRO THIS FORUM BUT CANNOT OPEN PORT TO KEEP SHARING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Hara

Downloaded
2.1 GB
Uploaded
5.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Dear

I spend hours to find a solcution : google , this forum testing myself but port forward in the utorrent pack does not work. , I think even not in the previous utorrent I had used.

according to PFPortchecker app, port is open.

I even came to this thread:

it was solved there but without any explanation.

I hope someone can help me if it's an issue wit utorrent app or an issue from my side.

detail:

external port begin external port end internal port are all set 5555 in my ISP modem/router with both protocol TCP-UDP , to my laptop ip adres. The ip adres is static in my modem/router in DHCP.

Bitdefender allows all ports to be used for Utorrent on both directions.

I even disabled Windows defender firewall, even thouhgh bitdefender is managing the firewall.

the firewall of the modem/router: is set to 'midiocre' which mean: all WAN incoming connections are refused except those that are been set up in portforward... and all connections attempts from LAN are allowed.

So I'm sure the port forward is set correctly.

I even disabled also my bitfender firewal next to the windows defender firewall and tested it.

But Utorrent keeps telling me: Resulst: Port is not open (you are still able to download).

then I digged deeper: adding ip adres in advanced settings in utorrent ... google dns, ... but issue is the same.

I 'm trying to solve this so I can seed to all members, but with no avail.

I use Windows 11 home edition updated.

Please advise me , maybe I missed something.

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Maybe switch to Utorrent 2.2.1?... i've been using it since 2014... no problems at all, get it here... https://www.teamos.xyz/threads/utorrent-2-2-1-build-25110-teamos.60672/ , Here is how to get the best performance for it... https://www.teamos.xyz/threads/utorrent-2-2-1-get-the-best-performance.60654/

testament

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
34.9 GB
Uploaded
24.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
i remember here one case that turn back to older version and the issue is gone.
Try to seed with another client?

Mo Hara

Downloaded
2.1 GB
Uploaded
5.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
I took the time, but even this version keeps showing that port is closed. I optimized the settings , that the other link explained great and clear.

it says: listen error: change listen port I tried two several ports, last one was above 60000 as mentioned in the tutorial.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
Just install qbittorrent, forget utorrent

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,376.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
Just install qbittorrent, forget torrent
Wrong answer. I would say something more...

Uninstall it and try it.

Last edited:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Okay, hold on. Why do you say your port(s) are closed when the PFPortchecker, tells you that they are open?
If you are saying it only from what utorrent is reporting, you need to know that utorrent is inaccurate when it checks for open ports.

Try to download a freeleech torrent, let it run for a while, and see how it goes.

It's not a client issue so no need to change if you don't want to, ports and firewalls are irrelevant to the client.

znop01

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
194 GB
Uploaded
762.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Quick question... Why is µTorrent 2.2.1 preferred to and or better than the very latest version(s) of µTorrent?

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Quick question... Why is µTorrent 2.2.1 preferred to and or better than the very latest version(s) of µTorrent?
you never get ads

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
@Mo Hara

Check >> << , after You put number from Your torrent client port, is it open!
Many ISP last Year or Year and half use newer system of NAT /DNAT - TNAT something alike / to brake transferring "open ports" and push You to BUY "private IP" one ...

Last edited:

Mo Hara

Downloaded
2.1 GB
Uploaded
5.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
@Mo Hara

Check >> << , after You put number from Your torrent client port, is it open!
Many ISP last Year or Year and half use newer system of NAT /DNAT - TNAT something alike / to brake transferring "open ports" and push You to BUY "private IP" one ...

Dear

I tested on this site and it says closed. ( added: after an half an hour tested again the site says the port is open, but status uploading in utorent but nothing happens... no connections... and still message port is closed according to utorrent)
10 min laters: result on the site: closed... hmmm)
Weard Portforwardcheck is normal a good port checker and still says it's open

So I need to ask provider if they block open ports.

another thing I just think about: on my modem DynDNS is implemented. Can this be an issue?

I just checked my providers website , they even have a page how to setup port forwarding. and some ports they explain: are blocked and can never be opened and another group of ports are bloced and can be opend in my customers site.

So the port I'm using for utorrent is not one of these ports. So I think i can say that my provider is not blocking port forwarding , even my modem is showed in that page , explaining how to ... .

Okay, hold on. Why do you say your port(s) are closed when the PFPortchecker, tells you that they are open?
If you are saying it only from what utorrent is reporting, you need to know that utorrent is inaccurate when it checks for open ports.

Try to download a freeleech torrent, let it run for a while, and see how it goes.

It's not a client issue so no need to change if you don't want to, ports and firewalls are irrelevant to the client.

Correct, utorrent is showing that i's closed, only downloading.
it's for uploading he , to be able to seed and have a correct ratio.

But will give it a try and see if torrent will be uploaded.

Wrong answer. I would say something more...

Uninstall it a
nd try it.

hmm, I did uninstall the previous version,

But if I understand correclty: just reinstall the 2 version again ok.

I do have seen in control panel , remove programs , utorrent in the list, if i click uninstall, it says i don't have right to do so... .

While I'm working and logged on admin account. al other programms I can uninstall.

Last edited:

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,376.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
Dear

I tested on this site and it says closed.

Weard Portforwardcheck is normal a good port checker and still says it's open

So I need to ask provider if they block open ports.

another thing I just think about: on my modem DynDNS is implemented. Can this be an issue?

hmm, I did uninstall the previous version,

But if I understand correclty: just reinstall the 2 version again ok.

I do have seen in control panel , remove programs , utorrent in the list, if i click uninstall, it says i don't have right to do so... .

While I'm working and logged on admin account. al other programms I can uninstall.
3 posts in a row..

Please don't double post in threads.
You can edit your previous post and add there what new you want to say.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years

When you do try, get a torrent that has leechers. It's hard to upload to someone when no one downloads the torrent you seed. Maybe that's what made you think that your ports are closed and you didn't upload?
Just saying this because your torrent history only has torrents with zero leechers.
QYLdzm.jpeg

I'll say it again if the portchecker says a port is open, it is open. Ignore for the moment what utorrent said, it is a known bug that some versions have.

FYI: Seed doesn't mean upload. It means you are ready to upload IF and WHEN someone asks you.
If you are not sure how torrents work please spend a few minutes to read this:

Last edited:

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Like @Cyler said: /...if the portchecker says a port is open, it is open.../ do not doubt! Portcheker send a small packet to port which You checking and then listen shall
Your client bring it back on same port. If do that port is open full stop!
Other thing is client. When I run mine, at the beginning, I have, mostly, Yellow mark even I start downloading, then that mark disappear and at the moment I start uploading
it was green! So, also as @Cyler said: /...Seed doesn't mean upload. It means you are ready to upload IF and WHEN someone asks you.../, when You start downloading some
fresh and bigger torrents where You see many leachers, You shall be in ability to see do You leach and seed at a same time!

Question: Does Your ISP mention "torrent" at any place? Allowing open ports doesn't mean that they are not "throttling torrent traffic"

If its not bother for You, look am I online and send me PM so I shall start download same torrent when You start and I will do my thing to show You that our clients cooperate

Mo Hara

Downloaded
2.1 GB
Uploaded
5.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Dear

I downloaded a freeleech and it was uploading : average speed 10,4 kB/s ( arrange from 3- 57 kB/s). But before I started I checked the port and was closed(PFPortChecker). This is because vpn was on while downloading the app.

So I then disabled vpn then connection drops suddely in utorrent. I'm trying now to upload as port is now open but utorrent seems to have issues to upload... .

in general tab in utorrent: average speed is showing arround 8 kB/s and it changes in little values.. .

So I'm not sure if uploading is working or not.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
Dear

I downloaded a freeleech and it was uploading : average speed 10,4 kB/s ( arrange from 3- 57 kB/s). But before I started I checked the port and was closed(PFPortChecker). This is because vpn was on while downloading the app.

So I then disabled vpn then connection drops suddely in utorrent. I'm trying now to upload as port is now open but utorrent seems to have issues to upload... .

in general tab in utorrent: average speed is showing arround 8 kB/s and it changes in little values.. .

From what I can see its working now

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Dear

As long as you managed to upload, it means someone managed to connect via the port you used and so... Yes it works.

Of course when you drop the VPN, torrent will stop. Your IP changed!! How do you expect the others to find you when they try to find you on your VPN IP but you switch to your private one?
First, you stop your torrents, then turn off the VPN, then restart the torrents. In some cases I would advise is better to close the client altogether before you switch off the VPN

Upload is working. The speed is not only dependent on your net but also on the net of the one that downloads from you. As far as the port goes, 1 Kilobyte or 1 GigaByte is irrelevant. if it's open it's open.

I'll say it again:
SEED doesn't mean guaranteed upload at max speeds. It means you are there to share IF and WHEN you are asked by others at the speed that others will request and up to your max upload speed.

The speed of torrents is always a factor of, how many people download (leechers) and how many people upload (seeders) per torrent and total torrents, as well as each person's individual net speed and also what else they do with their net. For example, I may connect to 5 different people and so my speed is split among those 5 and so I won't get my max speed from any single one, but will get the total of all 5. If at the same time I stream a movie, my download speed will drop.

For the time being, your original question about the port has been answered, and it's working. The rest of your questions are general questions on how torrents and networks work which is out of our scope as a torrent site.
I shared a link that you can read about torrents and also many guides on the net about how Windows networking and networks work, in case you are interested.

A small word of advice for troubleshooting:
When you try to solve a problem, try to involve as less of external factors and influences as you can. You mix VPNs, firewalls, modems, and port forwarding, and try to see if and what will work. That will take you 10x as long to figure things out as it normally would. Deal with one problem at a time.

1st: port forwarding
2nd Speed
3rd VPN use and the rest.
When you try to check a port but you enable/disable VPN... and then talk about speed... and you think your upload isn't working cause fo port forwarding but its actually because of VPN or zero leechers you kinda mixing things up and make it hard to follow and solve,

Keep it simple and one step at a time.

The thread will close.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.