Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked USB Flash Drive wont show up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claspedhandz

Downloaded
19.8 GB
Uploaded
22.9 MB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hello guys,

I installed OS and came from here:

and as usual and same thing i deleted the C where the old OS was there and also the system reserve i didnt touch the drive D since i have all my important files there okay fast forward.
when the new OS installed, i tried to plug-in different types of flash drive im using 3 FD and tried to plug in different ports on my case, but nothing happens the flash drive wont show up, I already checked the disk management there is not "unallocated disk" that should be there but nothing.

Questions: I try to think so deep if the OS has a defect?

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.9 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years

With the drive plugged in, does it show up in the "Safely Remove Hardware" list? (icon in lower right notification area).
If it does, click on that to remove it, then unplug it from the PC and reboot. After Windows starts, connect it and see if Windows recognizes and allows you to display the contents.

If not, go to the Device Manager, uninstall the drive, then disconnect it from the PC. Reboot the PC and after Windows starts plug it in and Windows should detect it as new hardware and install it and it should work. Doing the uninstall and then scan for new hardware is iffy - sometimes it works but usually you wind up with the same problem.

One of these two suggestion usually work.

otherwise you need to download
Download Microsoft USB Flash Drive Manager (use google )

and when this is not working then go to the shop and buy a 4port USB hub from 10 euro's :)

Last edited:

Claspedhandz

Downloaded
19.8 GB
Uploaded
22.9 MB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
my usb mouse and keyboard are working i wonder why my flash drive didnt work. how should i download the usb flash drive manager? if my usb didnt show up my pc. on the disk drive only my hard drive detected.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.9 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
Leave it plugt in and restart the computer .

like it is standing in my first msg , the RED txt.

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
54 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
262 (270)
Member for 7 years
Alsomake sure you have installed all oem drivers, directly from your mobo manufacturer site!

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
my usb mouse and keyboard are working i wonder why my flash drive didnt work. how should i download the usb flash drive manager? if my usb didnt show up my pc. on the disk drive only my hard drive detected.

Just for future reference, It would be helpful if you posted more info about your PC in order to properly figure out the problem..
Anyways, I have a couple of questions that you didn't detail earlier:

1. How did you install the OS? Was it by DVD or flash drive? Did you have issues while installing?
2. Do the flash drives work on other PC's or devices? If they do, then it's likely a driver problem OR a port issue. If they do not, then it's likely you have bad flash drives.

In any case, I would follow along with @SiteWizard's advice on this too, just to rule it out.

Claspedhandz

Downloaded
19.8 GB
Uploaded
22.9 MB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thanks you for your help guys! my pc is already fine now new learnings each day i already consulted my head department on my office with my concerns

my mistake was i installed my OS through rufus and it shouldn't be done

I have GIGABYTE mobo and the OS should be in "Gigabyte Windows USB Installation Tool"

Hope this will be take note each one of us. Cheers!

PS: Moderate you can close this thread problem solved

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Glad you've got it solved. Thread closed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.