Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Ueif drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded
13.6 GB
Uploaded
15.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Good Evening and or Morning,

I have a question, I have a Ueif hard drive that has windows 10 64bit installed, I have a laptop that is not ueif compatible, is it possible to install a different os without reformatting the drive, cause I have very important things on the drive nor do I have a USB cable to connect it, please can someone please help, maybe if someone has a app I can install on a USB, so that I can install the drive boot from the USB flash drive and use a app to transfer my files to a another flash drive, please I beg that someone can help me, Thank you

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
How to change the operating system of my PC without formatting?
In order to change the operating system without losing data, we can carry out different procedures. One of them and the most recommended is to save all the files in a PC partition other than C, which is where the new operating system will be installed.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
Can you be more specific, you have an UEFI disk with windows 10 installed, is it external driver?
And you want to added in your laptop?
From the moment you don't have a usb cable how are you going to connected?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
First of all, and for the sake of accuracy, there is no UEFI disk. UEFI is a type of boot program that exists in your PC ROM. What you probably want to say is that your disk is GPT partitioned which is only supported by UEFI. and cant be recognized by older, legacy bios systems.

If that is the case then the answer is.. maybe yes. I say maybe because it's one thing if it's doable, and a different if you can do it. What you are looking for is a partition software that can convert a GPT boot disk to an MBR boot disk and most partition software like AOMEI or EaseUS etc can do that task. We got plenty here and you can google and find guides on how to do a GPT to MBR conversion without data loss, look which software they use, get it from here and follow the steps. Doing this will let you use whatever windows are already installed on that disk tho which is not 100% guaranteed and might need additional work (drivers etc).

To be honest tho, and I may be wrong but if what I said above (GPT, MBR, partitioning, etc) sounds unfamiliar to you, I would not advise you to do that since you don't look like you have much experience with such things. If you really value your data, do buy or borrow a USB cable (they don't cost much) and copy/backup what you don't want to lose, or seek a professional who knows about such things, and probably will take a backup before doing anything to be 100% sure and safe. If you do any mistakes you risk losing valuable things.

Also if you can give more specific info, we can help better. Are the things you don't want to lose files like pictures, documents, etc, or programs for example? IF its files and the size isn't great you can also upload them to a cloud service like google drive or mega? then you can format and install whatever OS to like and redownload the data after.

Hope it helped.

Last edited:

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
I also had the same doubts as @Jerry_Xristos , anyway if the disk is healthy there are solutions to recover the data.

I will leave you some tips in case you connect at a time when we are not here to help you.

If you want to boot that GPT (UEFI) disk on your laptop which does not support UEFI, you can convert the disk to MBR (Bios).
This can be achieved with the MiniTool Partition Wizard tool (it's on this forum).
Here is a tutorial on how to do it correctly:
https://www.minitool.com/help-pw/convert-gpt-disk-to-mbr-disk.html

If this information did not help you, please be more precise in what you want and also inform us if you have a PC that can recognize that disk in order to make a copy of the data you need which you can upload to the cloud or another file server like Mega if a flash drive is not enough.
Obviously to connect that drive to the laptop you'll either have to buy a compatible USB cable (if the drive is external) or you'll need a SATA/IDE to USB hard drive adapter (if the drive is internal).
Then there are other more complex and delicate solutions where you will need to disassemble the laptop (I don't recommend it if you don't have experience).
We await your comments so that we can help you better.

Downloaded
374.5 GB
Uploaded
3.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
This is what I do
00 Read and write all the instructions somewhere safe before starting

Download
01 Download Ventoy and install on USB drive.
02 Download Windows OS and WinPE (Search TeamOS) .

Prepare USB drive (if you don't have one just borrow from someone)
03 Copy WinPE and Win OS ISO files on to USB drive.

Boot into WinPE to convert disk from GPT(UEFI) to MBR without loosing data (If your GPT drive has more than 4 partitions you might need to delete unneeded partition before continuing)
04 Boot into WinPE on USB and start disk management tools eg AOMEI, MiniTool.
05 Right click the disk and convert to MBR disk (Don't use disk manager or CMD).

Splitting the system disk into two partitions (Assuming you have single disk and partition)
06 Resize the system partition to minimum size.
07 Create new partition on remaining space.
08 Move your data from system partition to the newly created partition.
**Keep resizing the partitions and moving data till finished moving all the data to the data partition

Fixing BOOT (Before continuing mark your system partition active)*Optional
09 Now use Macrium tool to fix boot problems (if you want to boot into your old OS)

Installing new windows
10 If booting into old OS fails boot into WinOS on USB drive.
11 Install the OS on the first partition (Don't format the data partition only format system partition)

At your own risk

Downloaded
13.6 GB
Uploaded
15.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
OK, I thank all of you for the information, the hard drive is gpt for windows 10 64, all I have as a laptop is a x86 windows, I will try to do what I can, last question about the same, it's gpt uief 64bit now If I side load from a USB flash a Linux live, will Linux have access to the drive to move the files to another USB flash, the uief drive is a laptop drive, I was saying if I remove the drive I have now and replace it with the uief drive, that is what I was trying to say.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
OK, I thank all of you for the information, the hard drive is gpt for windows 10 64, all I have as a laptop is a x86 windows, I will try to do what I can, last question about the same, it's gpt uief 64bit now If I side load from a USB flash a Linux live, will Linux have access to the drive to move the files to another USB flash, the uief drive is a laptop drive, I was saying if I remove the drive I have now and replace it with the uief drive, that is what I was trying to say.
You are mixing some things here:

GPT/MBR is how a disk is partitioned or split into pieces (even if it's 1 partition only). Nothing to do with bits or anything else.
NTFS/Fat32 is the format type of the disk or in other words, how are the files stored on that disk and partition.
32/64 bit is the OS that the disk has installed.

So yes most live Linux should support the GPT format and don't care what windows you have installed (32/64bit). Linux will only see the files you have stored.

if I was you I would use any windows PE recovery ISO like the ones you will see here

and many more if you perform a search.

Since windows, PE is a familiar environment and directly supports GPT/MBR or NTFS/Fat32, etc. The Windows PE you will find here also have other tools included like antivirus, partition tools, recovery tools, testing tools, and many more.
You can read more in each thread or by googling about Windows PE.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

SydneyM

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
51.7 GB
Uploaded
57.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
My humble suggestion is to buy another hard disk and get it fitted in your laptop which should be fairly easy. Load Windows 32-bit (X86) onto it; plenty of them available on TeamOs forum. Find a USB sata cable to externally connect your UEFI (GPT) hard disk. In this case your can be sure your date is safe and accessible.
Changing from GPT to MBR file system may or may not work. I have had times when it did successfully, and times when it did not, while using either Aomei and Easeus. Above all you cannot change from 64-bit to 32-bit without losing data. Best of luck.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.