Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked torrent seeding differnce

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyCroc81

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
168.2 GB
Uploaded
14 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
i am seeding some torrents but there is very much time difference what system shows and what my torrent client shows ;
below i have attached screen shot of time/data upload difference ;
please guide regarding this, why such difference ?

PIEd9o.png

PIEqXV.jpg

PIE08H.jpg

Any suggestion / guidance will be very useful

Thanks and Regards.

ZeLimB

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
125.2 GB
Uploaded
1.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
hi

maybe a synchronisation i ve you refresh?

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
The TeamOS stats show the amount of time that your torrent client actually spent connected to our tracker.

Your torrent client stats probably show the amount of time that it spent trying to seed. This won't take into account any time when it couldn't connect, which might be considerable since you appear to be seeding from a phone.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Since I can't actually use your phone to see the settings and what might possibly be wrong, I can tell you what I can speculate and what I see from our side (the tracker).

About the seed time:
Phones have issues sometimes with trackers. For example, if you lose your internet connection for a while the local phone client doesn't always detect that the net is down and so the timer is keep counting, but our tracker won't see you active, and our timer for you stops. That is why most of the times, we see differences in seed timing. Keep in mind that in this case what the tracker says is ultimately the right thing and not what your phone reports and we can't do anything about it.

About the GB difference.
chrome_FixwYO7uT9.jpg

I see you see different No of peers which can not be. That makes me think that maybe DHT is enabled and so you leak data which of course doesn't count on our tracker?

Regardless of the case, I find that most times when we have such issues is because your phone client fails to talk in a timely manner to our tracker. For example, each torrent sends its data every 30 min. If your phone fails on that for any reason, the tracker doesn't know and assumes you are disconnected, but your client shows you connected and that creates a disparity.

Suggestion, either use a PC or expect those things to happen again.

Ultimately whatever our tracker says, it is what it will count.

Last edited:

HappyCroc81

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
168.2 GB
Uploaded
14 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
The TeamOS stats show the amount of time that your torrent client actually spent connected to our tracker.

Your torrent client stats probably show the amount of time that it spent trying to seed. This won't take into account any time when it couldn't connect, which might be considerable since you appear to be seeding from a phone.
This was not happening earlier , I used to seed around 100 torrents from phone . And look at the difference, it's almost 50% less, how it's possible

Since I can't actually use your phone to see the settings and what might possibly be wrong, I can tell you what I can speculate and what I see from our side (the tracker).

About the seed time:
Phones have issues sometimes with trackers. For example, if you lose your internet connection for a while the local phone client doesn't always detect that the net is down and so the timer is keep counting, but our tracker won't see you active, and our timer for you stops. That is why most of the times, we see differences in seed timing. Keep in mind that in this case what the tracker says is ultimately the right thing and not what your phone reports and we can't do anything about it.

About the GB difference.
chrome_FixwYO7uT9.jpg

I see you see different No of peers which can not be. That makes some think that maybe DHT is enabled and so you leak data which of course doesn't count on our tracker?

Regardless of the case, I find that most times when we have such issues is because your phone client fails to talk in a timely manner to our tracker. For example, each torrent sends its data every 30 min. If your phone fails on that for any reason, the tracker doesn't know and assumes you are disconnected, but your client shows you connected and that creates a disparity.

Suggestion, either use a PC or expect those things to happen again.

Ultimately whatever our tracker says, it is what it will count.
Well may be you are right, dht was enabled in ttorrent app by default setting , agree the point which you have mentioned , now onwards I will use pc more often than phone.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
This was not happening earlier , I used to seed around 100 torrents from phone . And look at the difference, it's almost 50% less, how it's possible
I have already explained it, briefly, and Cyler said the same thing in more detail.
Your stats and our stats can match only if there is a perfectly reliable connection between your phone and our tracker. That's obviously never going to be the case, especially if you are seeding from a phone.
I would be more surprised if your phone stats and our tracker stats did match.

HappyCroc81

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
168.2 GB
Uploaded
14 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I have already explained it, briefly, and Cyler said the same thing in more detail.
Your stats and our stats can match only if there is a perfectly reliable connection between your phone and our tracker. That's obviously never going to be the case, especially if you are seeding from a phone.
I would be more surprised if your phone stats and our tracker stats did match.
Yes , I understand the point you said , now onwards I will use pc in place of phone.

Thanks for helping me out in this situation, thread can be locked now as I have got the solution .
Thanks @Charlie_Grimes and @Cyler for a brief explanation regarding issue .

Status
Not open for further replies.