Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked TEAM OS SERVERS NOT WORKING PROPERLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssiva05

Downloaded
36.1 GB
Uploaded
22.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hello,

I am currently seeding a torrent for 2days 20 hours.
But in TeamOs it is showing as seeding since 1day only.
Is the server broken?
Any Admins (or) Mods, please fix this.

I already raised this issue but nobody concerned about this.

Refer screenshots

Surfer_428

Downloaded
66.5 GB
Uploaded
50.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Works fine with me. Check your client.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Firstly, it does not work fine. Not just the OP, many have been raising this, and several times, including myself.
Second of all: It is actually a problem. You are just LUCKY, mate..

ssiva05

Downloaded
36.1 GB
Uploaded
22.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I don't see any problem in the Android Client app. It is working perfectly. I believe there might be some data loss at server's side.

Note:- I am no expert in these advanced things.

I don't see any problem in the Android Client app. It is working perfectly. I believe there might be some data loss at server's side.

Note:- I am no expert in these advanced things.

Here are more details of this torrent.

My downloaded data is divided in to 2mb pieces of 883 and are available for seeding also.
Also uploaded 588 MB as soon as download was completed.

Refer screenshots:

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@ssiva05 please stick to other torrent clients on pc like utorrent, qbittorrent.. android torrent clients many of them face issues..

ssiva05

Downloaded
36.1 GB
Uploaded
22.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
@ssiva05 please stick to other torrent clients on pc like utorrent, qbittorrent.. android torrent clients many of them face issues.

but i dont have access to PC all the time. So I use my mobile for download and seed.

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
That's because you're seeding from mobile connection.
Use your home and PC connection.
Plain and simple.

IF you insist using mobile connection and client, definitely your problem.
NOT ToS problem.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
@ssiva05

There is no indication of any server problems at the moment.
Your client reports 588MB of upload and the tracker agrees; that is a good indication that things are working properly.

It is not uncommon for a user's torrent client to report different statistics to our server.
There are various reasons for this but most of them are due to the fact that the internet does not always provide a perfect, or speedy, connection.
Phone connections are even less reliable.

However, I believe the real problem is that you have not understood what you client is telling you.
Your torrent client is reporting "Active time" not "Seeding time".
In most clients "Active time" means exactly what it says; it includes all activity, both download time and any subsequent seeding time.
So, taking into account download time, your seeding time will be something less than 2 days and 20 hours.

Here are some things to consider if you want to maximise seeding time and improve your ratio.

PHONE OR LANDLINE
For best results, do not seed from a phone. Seed from a landline using a PC or laptop,
A landline will give you a more reliable connection, so more real seeding time.
If you seed from a phone then, probably, you will not be able to receive incoming internet connections.
This will reduce the number of people who can download from you.
PC torrent clients are generally better than phone apps, especially for seeding.
Many of people who say that their stats do not match the server stats are seeding from phones.

CHOOSING A TORRENT CLIENT
Use a popular torrent client such as qBittorrent or uTorrent. They are popular because they work well and there is plenty of support for them.
If you must use a different client then make sure that it a proper client and not a general purpose downloader app with some torrent download capability tacked on.

VERIFY THAT YOU ARE ACTUALLY SEEDING
People often claim that they are seeding when in fact they are not.
This image shows you what to look at in your torrent client to find out if you are REALLY seeding.
The most important thing is that the tracker is shown as "Working". If you do not see that then you are not seeding.

SYSTEM SLEEP
If your system goes to sleep then seeding will stop. To prevent this, you may want to inhibit sleep whilst seeding.
NOTE: If you are seeding from a laptop using only its battery for power then disabling sleep is probably NOT a good idea.
  • In qBittorrent, enable the "Inhibit sleep when torrents are seeding" option.
  • In uTorrent, enable the "Prevent standby if there are active torrents" option.

VPN AND PROXIES
Do not seed through a VPN or proxy because it will reduce your upload speed.
If you seed through a VPN or proxy then you may not be able to receive incoming internet connections, which will reduce the number of people who can download from you.

Last edited:

ssiva05

Downloaded
36.1 GB
Uploaded
22.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
That's because you're seeding from mobile connection.
Use your home and PC connection.
Plain and simple.

IF you insist using mobile connection and client, definitely your problem.
NOT ToS problem.
I use 5ghz isolated WiFi network only my mobile is connected there are no other device connect. 2.4g is turned off no lan connection, when I'm at home also the speed is decent for both up and down.

I will see and try if other official bittorrent client app works.

@ssiva05

There is no indication of any server problems at the moment.
Your client reports 588MB of upload and the tracker agrees; that is a good indication that things are working properly.

It is not uncommon for a user's torrent client to report different statistics to our server.
There are various reasons for this but most of them are due to the fact that the internet does not always provide a perfect, or speedy, connection.
Phone connections are even less reliable.

However, I believe the real problem is that you have not understood what you client is telling you.
Your torrent client is reporting "Active time" not "Seeding time".
In most clients "Active time" means exactly what it says; it includes all activity, both download time and any subsequent seeding time.
So, taking into account download time, your seeding time will be something less than 2 days and 20 hours.

Here are some things to consider if you want to maximise seeding time and improve your ratio.

PHONE OR LANDLINE
For best results, do not seed from a phone. Seed from a landline using a PC or laptop,
A landline will give you a more reliable connection, so more real seeding time.
If you seed from a phone then, probably, you will not be able to receive incoming internet connections.
This will reduce the number of people who can download from you.
PC torrent clients are generally better than phone apps, especially for seeding.
Many of people who say that their stats do not match the server stats are seeding from phones.

CHOOSING A TORRENT CLIENT
Use a popular torrent client such as qBittorrent or uTorrent. They are popular because they work well and there is plenty of support for them.
If you must use a different client then make sure that it a proper client and not a general purpose downloader app with some torrent download capability tacked on.

VERIFY THAT YOU ARE ACTUALLY SEEDING
People often claim that they are seeding when in fact they are not.
This image shows you what to look at in your torrent client to find out if you are REALLY seeding.
The most important thing is that the tracker is shown as "Working". If you do not see that then you are not seeding.

SYSTEM SLEEP
If your system goes to sleep then seeding will stop. To prevent this, you may want to inhibit sleep whilst seeding.
NOTE: If you are seeding from a laptop using only its battery for power then disabling sleep is probably NOT a good idea.
  • In qBittorrent, enable the "Inhibit sleep when torrents are seeding" option.
  • In uTorrent, enable the "Prevent standby if there are active torrents" option.

VPN AND PROXIES
Do not seed through a VPN or proxy because it will reduce your upload speed.
If you seed through a VPN or proxy then you may not be able to receive incoming internet connections, which will reduce the number of people who can download from you.
Thank you for your detailed explanation.

At my work and at my home tower signal is very good. Because the tower is located just 500 meter away i think. I always have 4/5 signal bars.

When I am at home I use a separate fiber broadband connection with 5Ghz no lan and no other devices can connect except my mobile with decent speed both up and down.

As for VPN I do not use them as I have no use for them.

I will try and see if official utorrent and bittorrent android apps work.

As for PC I do not have proper access to it. I rarely get chance to use.

All my downloaded torrents till date, i used via Flud (ad free) version. This never gave me any issue only recently this problem started.

Anyways I will try other apps and see.

Just to be clear current status of this torrent

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Just to be clear current status of this torrent

It does appear that your client was trying to seed for the time you say.
That does not necessarily mean that it was in contact with the tracker for all that period of time.

It is also possible that your seeding time was as indicated but that it was not correctly reported to the tracker.
Read this by Cyler. He explains how even a brief loss of internet connectivity at the wrong time will cause you to lose credit for your seeding time.

Whatever the reason for the discrepancy between your stats and ours, there is nothing TeamOS can do about it.
Experience tells us that phone seeding is less reliable than landline seeding so, if you have to seed by phone, you should adjust your expectations accordingly.

It is not uncommon for some clients to report bad stats to trackers so trying a different client is a good idea.

Good luck.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
I have been having problems with the tracker on several older torrents for a long time.

Many were marked with red and started giving error, I opened a thread a long time ago and was advised to check the torrent path, etc.

But today I started to compare the trackers and I detected something that may be the cause of the problem.

It turns out that the trackers that give an error have this URL:

While the trackers that work well use these other URLS

Could that be the reason that seedings are not reflected in the system?

Last edited by a moderator:

Marbles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
228.3 GB
Uploaded
39.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I was getting errors on some of my older torrents as well. I noticed a .xyz extention on the ones that were creatings errors in my client (qbittorrent). (not all are from TeamOS). I deleted the trackers with the .xyz extension and all went back to seeding properly as far as I can tell anyways. Huge variety of explanations for that extension in looking it up, but ultimately, for me and TeamOS trackers ... it seemed to be the problem. been a couple of weeks since I deleted them and all is back to being well. Hpe this might help someone.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
I have been having problems with the tracker on several older torrents for a long time.

Many were marked with red and started giving error, I opened a thread a long time ago and was advised to check the torrent path, etc.

But today I started to compare the trackers and I detected something that may be the cause of the problem.

It turns out that the trackers that give an error have this URL:

QZTAmo.png

While the trackers that work well use these other URLS

QZTBRH.png

Could that be the reason that seedings are not reflected in the system?
Try this.
First remove one of the problem downloads from your client. DO NOT delete the downloaded files.
Download the .torrent file into your client again.
Point it at the already downloaded files.

I'm expecting that the tracker URL you get in the new .torrent file will be different and should work.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
I was getting errors on some of my older torrents as well. I noticed a .xyz extention on the ones that were creatings errors in my client (qbittorrent). (not all are from TeamOS). I deleted the trackers with the .xyz extension and all went back to seeding properly as far as I can tell anyways. Huge variety of explanations for that extension in looking it up, but ultimately, for me and TeamOS trackers ... it seemed to be the problem. been a couple of weeks since I deleted them and all is back to being well. Hpe this might help someone.
https://my.teamos.xyz is the new tracker on the new server.
We had some problems with it for a few days when we moved the site to a new server. That might explain what you saw.
https://my.teamos.xyz has been working properly for a few weeks now.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11400 (11400)
Member for 8 years