Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Sophos Safeguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesla

Downloaded
1.9 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Dear Admins & members,
I recently purchased a laptop from a company which was shutting down its office. Unfortunately, that laptop has SOPHOS SAFEGUARD installed in it and I can't login or format the laptop. I can't contact the person who sold me the laptop either.
Is there any way I can format the laptop? Data inside the laptop is not important. I just to format everything anf use it for my personal purpose.
Really looking forward to a solution by people here.
Many thanks in advance.

- Tesla

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Maybe try a Liveboot cd like hiren boot or winpe & try to boot with it & format disk or else might be switching the harddrive to other computer system & than trying to format should help.. Not sure if it would still work in your laptop but the best option is you should have checked before buying..

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.5 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@Tesla you write " and I can't login or format the laptop. "
you alway's can format and delete the partitions from the Hdd's and make a new one also when they are more then 1 like c:\ , D:\ :)

you just have to make that you have all you'r driver from motherboard , internet adapter and screencard somewhere :) backup those before you kill the partition :)

then you use a partition program that we have here in the forum delete the partition that is allready there and make a new one :)
install windows on it and done :)

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5 TB
Uploaded
268.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
This used to work, for the older version, in 2013.
You can give it a shot.
Straight from the Sophos forum.

Removing SafeGuard, with the ING package, is very straight forward. Just uninstall the software from the control panel in the following order:

1) Uninstall the client configuration package

2) Uninstall the SafeGuard client (at this point all encrypted drives will be automatically decrypted - this could take a few hours)

3) Uninstall the Pre-install.

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
This used to work, for the older version, in 2013.
You can give it a shot.
Straight from the Sophos forum.

Removing SafeGuard, with the ING package, is very straight forward. Just uninstall the software from the control panel in the following order:

1) Uninstall the client configuration package

2) Uninstall the SafeGuard client (at this point all encrypted drives will be automatically decrypted - this could take a few hours)

3) Uninstall the Pre-install.
But you need to have an access in the first place to do that :(

Tesla

Downloaded
1.9 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
@Tesla you write " and I can't login or format the laptop. "
you alway's can format and delete the partitions from the Hdd's and make a new one also when they are more then 1 like c:\ , D:\ :)

you just have to make that you have all you'r driver from motherboard , internet adapter and screencard somewhere :) backup those before you kill the partition :)

then you use a partition program that we have here in the forum delete the partition that is allready there and make a new one :)
install windows on it and done :)
Thank you. Can you be kind enough and please explain me how to do it in detail? I can give it a try. Many thanks.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.5 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@Tesla Read this carefully so you do NO mistakes...

have you try to use google ???
there is a FREE uninstaller there that you can download....
ok when that is not working...

then first i would try this ...

Removing from Control Panel

1. Click Start.
  2. Control Panel.
  3. Then click Add or Remove Programs.
  4. Find SafeGuard.
  5. Click Uninstall.

when that is not working then try this...

How to format a hard drive on Windows 10

Windows 10 format hard drive with Disk Management
On Windows 10, when connecting a new internal or external hard drive, it's important to spend the time to format it before storing files.
You want to do this to make sure that the drive is empty, working as expected, and free of malware that might otherwise harm the current setup and files.
It's also important to format the storage to ensure that it's using the proper settings to avoid compatibility problems.
Whenever you format a hard drive,
the data will be deleted, since part of the process includes purging the file system table that tracks the locations of the files written on disk.
The process will then define the area where files will be stored,
and a compatible file system (such as NTFS, FAT32, or exFAT) will be applied to organize the new content.
The system will continue to detect the previous data, but it'll identify that information as available space to store new data.
Windows 10 includes many methods to format a hard drive, but using Disk Management is perhaps one of the best options for most users.

How to format existing partition using Disk Management
When you're dealing with a drive that already has a partition, you can format the existing partition to delete its files and start with a clean storage.
To format a partition using Disk Management, use these steps:
  1. Open Start.
  2. Search for Create and format hard disk partitions and click the top result to open the Disk Management console.
  3. Right-click the new hard drive and select the Format option.
  4. In the "Value label" field, confirm a new name for the storage.
  5. Use the "File system" drop-down menu, and select the NTFS option (recommended for Windows 10).
  6. Use the "Allocation unit size" drop-down menu, and select the Default option.
  7. Check the Perform a quick format option.
    Quick tip: The quick format option wipes the drive fast, but it doesn't check for problems. On the other hand, when clearing the option, a full format will be performed, which not only wipes the drive clean, but it'll also check for bad sectors. It's an option that could take many hours depending on the size, but it's a good practice to make sure the drive is in working conditions.
  8. Clear the Enable file and folder compression option.
  9. Click the OK button.
  10. Click the OK button again.
Once you complete the steps, the tool will format the selected partition on the drive, and then you can begin storing files.
How to create and format partition using Disk Management
In the case that you have a hard drive that was never partitioned and formatted, it will not appear in File Explorer, and you'll have to initialize, create a new partition, and then format it before you can use it.
Usually, you can tell a hard drive doesn't have a partition, because it will not appear in File Explorer, and on Disk Management, it'll show up as unallocated space.
To set up a new hard drive with raw space on Windows 10, use these steps:
  1. Open Start.
  2. Search for Create and format hard disk partitions and click the top result to open the Disk Management console.
  3. Right-click the hard drive marked as "Unknown" and "Not Initialized" and select the Initialize Disk option.
  4. Under the "Select disks" section, check the disk to initialize.
  5. Select the partition style:
    • Master Boot Record (MBR) for hard drives smaller than 2TB in size.
    • GUID Partition Table (GPT) for hard drives larger than 2TB in size.
  6. Click the OK button.
  7. Right-click the Unallocated space part of the storage, and select the New Simply Value option.
  8. Click the Next button.
  9. Under the "Simple volume size in MB" section, leave the default size if you're planning to use the entire hard drive to store files. Otherwise, specify the amount of space in megabytes you want to allocate for the partition.
  10. Click the Next button.
  11. Use the "Assign the following drive letter" drop-down menu to select a new drive letter.
  12. Click the Next button.
  13. Use the "File system" drop-down menu, and select the NTFS option (recommended for Windows 10).
  14. Use the "Allocation unit size" drop-down menu, and select the Default option.
  15. In the "Value label" field, type a descriptive name for the storage.
  16. Check the Perform a quick format option.

Quick tip: To perform a full format that includes a disk check, clear the quick format option. If you use the full format option, remember that it can take many hours to complete depending on the size.
  17. Clear the Enable file and folder compression option.
  18. Click the Next button.
  19. Click the Finish button.
After you complete the steps, the new hard drive will be initialized, partitioned, and properly formatted.
If the drive is exhibiting problems using the Disk Management tool, as a result of data corruption or another issue, you can use the DiskPart command-line tool to resolve the problem.

you can also use / download a partition program :) that we have also here in forum :)
one of the best program to use is this one here from our friend and Admin @Mirkec

Last edited:

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Dear @Tesla,
@SiteWizard basically wrote to you grab drivers ( the easiest way is to go to the laptop producer site)
and install the windows.
You won't be able to uninstall SafeGuard, as you won't be able to start the system before decryption of the hdd.
Even if you put another pendrive with windows on it, you won't be able to fix (remove SafeGuard from it) as windows partition is encrypted and you won't be able to do nothing with it.
Get drivers, iso of a Windows you want and Rufus to create a bootable USB drive, plug it in, push a appropriate button to boot from USB or go to BIOS to set USB as a first boot device and install new windows on the encrypted partition, then the drivers.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.5 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
This is wat i have found also how to remove that Sophos Safeguard

To start uninstallation, use one of the following methods: To uninstall locally on the endpoint,
synchronize with the SafeGuard Enterprise Server to make sure that the policy update has been received and is active.
Then, remove the Sophos SafeGuard Client software.

Start uninstallation
The following prerequisites must be met:

Encrypted data has to be decrypted properly to allow access afterwards.
The decryption process must be completed.
Proper decryption is particularly important when uninstallation is triggered by Active Directory.
Also, all encrypted removable media must be decrypted before uninstalling the last accessible SafeGuard Enterprise protected endpoint.
Otherwise users may not be able to access their data any more.
As long as the SafeGuard Enterprise Database is available, data on removable media can be recovered.
To uninstall SafeGuard full disk encryption, all volume-based encrypted volumes must have a drive letter assigned to them.

Make sure that you always uninstall the complete package with all features installed.

In SafeGuard Management Center, edit the policy of the type Specific Machine Settings. Set Uninstallation allowed to Yes.
In Users and Computers, create a group for the computers you want to decrypt: Right-click the domain node where you want to create the group.
Then select New > Create new group.
Select the domain node of this group and assign the uninstallation policy to it by dragging the policy from the Available Policies list into the Policies tab.
Activate the policy by dragging the group from the Available Groups list into the Activation area.
On the Policies tab of the domain node, check that Priority is set to 1 and that No Override is activated.
In the Activation area of the domain node, make sure that only members of the group are affected by this policy.
Add the endpoints you want to uninstall to the group.
To start uninstallation, use one of the following methods:
To uninstall locally on the endpoint,
synchronize with the SafeGuard Enterprise Server to make sure that the policy update has been received and is active.
Then, remove the Sophos SafeGuard Client software.
To uninstall centrally use the software distribution mechanism of your choice.
Make sure that all required data has been decrypted properly before uninstallation starts.

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thank you for your help @SiteWizard, very kind of you to dig it up for us.
As I though decryption need to be perform first if you have an access to just the endpoint.
That is a great news about what can be done from the level of SafeGuard Management Center but I don't think he has an access to it,
as it was used be the company to manage probably more then one machine and he have not get credentials to get the access even to
one he bought.
Thank you one more time @SiteWizard, great to have people like you here.

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5 TB
Uploaded
268.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Just tossing this idea out here.
So, don't attack me too harshly in the comment section here. :^)

Have you tried making a virtual machine, that "replicates" the server environment the machine was once a part of, installing the SafeGuard Management Center, and then removing it from the domain, etc?
I know it would be a pain in the tookus, but, it could also be a fun, weekend project, to mess around with on a rainy day and you are trapped inside due to Covid 19 quarantine.
If you can recreate the environment it was encrypted on, it would make sense that you could decrypt it from that same environment.

TheHarperdragon

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
916.7 GB
Uploaded
157.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
I would just pull the hard drive, stick in my dock and wipe it - then reload windows. Quick and easy.

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
@Charles thank you for your ideas. It is a fun to think about this stuff, isn't it?
He would neeed to have an access to the orginal server to create a complite image of it and
that also could not work as some safety features could use hardware id, verify platform like Intels Trusted Execution Technology.
I bet you put details of each machine, together with the passphrase for encryption of it and
than you can manage it through the SafeGuard Management Center, it would be insane in any other way.
If you could just install Management Center on one machine and remove encryption from another without knowing the password it would render this software useless.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.5 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
I would just pull the hard drive, stick in my dock and wipe it - then reload windows. Quick and easy.
that is wat i have wrote the first time lol , delete partions ans make a new one :)

Tesla

Downloaded
1.9 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thank you SiteWizard for helping me out here.

TheHarperdragon

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
916.7 GB
Uploaded
157.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
that is wat i have wrote the first time lol , delete partions ans make a new one :)
I said it better than you did!!!! :p:cool::party::party::party:

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Thank you SiteWizard for helping me out here.
Ok, then completed.
Thanks @SiteWizard and everyone who has helped here.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.5 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)