Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Restore Biometrics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded
18.6 GB
Uploaded
59.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Most builds posted here, for whatever reason, remove any Biometrics services along with windows hello.

My laptop has a fingerprint sensor however and id like to get some use out of it :p

Does anyone have any idea how id go about getting that back? Everything google is giving me is saying reinstall windows.

Mirkec

Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
57.6 GB
Uploaded
16 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
83 (96)
Member for 6 years
You can't. Do not use a customized build if you want to use that feature.

From 19041 and above some Capability Packages can be installed/uninstalled via settings, including Hello Face and Hello Face Migration...
... but it all depends on what method an author uses to remove that.

Last edited:
Downloaded
18.6 GB
Uploaded
59.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Hello face can be but fingerprint can't.

And of course it's well if you want that don't use it LOL.

If there's a way to remove it there's a way to get it back, and that's what I'm after not a canned "well don't use it then"

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.5 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@unixandria-oof you do know that this opation is not so secure as they say ...
when someone takes the laptop from you he just need to do these 3 steps to start windows and bypass the fingerprint...

1 : Click the Start button, then "Control Panel." Select "Device Manager" from the list of options in the Control Panel window.
2 : Click "Biometric Devices" under "Device Manager." Right-click "Validity fingerprint sensor" and choose "Disable" from the menu.
3 : Click "OK" to complete the process. Restart the computer and log in as normal to ensure the changes have been made.

Downloaded
18.6 GB
Uploaded
59.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
No I want to use fingerprint not break it more, and idgaf about security. Anything important isn't on my laptop anyhow.
And nowadays on first boot windows forces you to type password, you can only use fingerprint to unlock after initially unlocking with password.

Besides if I cared about security so much wouldn't I use only official windows ?

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Just bypass log-in passwords totally then... I mean if there is nothing important to "hide" lol And please decide soon, cause I'll close this up soon!

Downloaded
18.6 GB
Uploaded
59.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
That wasn't the point of this thread the point is even if it involves summoning the prince of hell, how do I get fingerprint working again? Drivers install fine so that's not the issue

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
@unixandria-oof I will guess a bit here, I would download an official iso of the windows you have from here, put on usb, boot and try to add this feature from it.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
Hello face can be but fingerprint can't.

And of course it's well if you want that don't use it LOL.

If there's a way to remove it there's a way to get it back, and that's what I'm after not a canned "well don't use it then"
my friend, what @Mirkec said above, unfortunately for you is 100% true, from the moment you remove biometrics, there is no way to bring it back
@unixandria-oof I will guess a bit here, I would download an official iso of the windows you have from here, put on usb, boot and try to add this feature from it.
sorry, but not even a chance for that buddy if he wants to use the customize build his is using now

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
@jerry_xristos, thx for the info, though there is an option to add features to current installation from the windows installer, so maybe but not. Good to know, thank you one more time.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
@jerry_xristos, thx for the info, though there is an option to add features to current installation from the windows installer, so maybe but not. Good to know, thank you one more time.
when you remove something you cannot bring it back, the only you can add again is window store

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@unixandria-oof, the experts have already spoken, unfortunately what you want cannot be returned in a modified Windows.
If you want ask the question in the place where you have downloaded that OS.
Otherwise you have 2 options:
a) you download an original ISO from MS
b) you keep your OS without Biometrics.

Thanks to @Mirkec, @vdogeek, @jerry_xristos and everyone who helped here.

Completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.