Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

repair hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanov80

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
351.7 GB
Uploaded
15.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
anyone or admin know how to repair hard drive with RAW file system and I/O error? i can't format it... tried using app like easeus, minitool, gparted... nothing worked

Dark Wolf

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
883.4 GB
Uploaded
43.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
47 (47)
Member for 1 years
Is this a internal hard drive or external (usb connected) hard drive? Is this a SSD or HDD? Have you also checked the connecting hardware (PCIe / NVME / SATA / USB / etc) including the PC itself?
Usually an I/O error is a hardware issue, so it's likely your drive is failing or has failed.

In any case, we need more info here to help.

romanov80

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
351.7 GB
Uploaded
15.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Is this a internal hard drive or external (usb connected) hard drive? Is this a SSD or HDD? Have you also checked the connecting hardware (PCIe / NVME / SATA / USB / etc) including the PC itself?
Usually an I/O error is a hardware issue, so it's likely your drive is failing or has failed.

In any case, we need more info here to help.
its internal for installing OS. when done installing (just to get the wallpaper) i format it by making it external. i still use win 7 for formatting.

tdbnz

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
6.6 GB
Uploaded
63.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Have you considered checking the disk for errors using the built-in Windows tool?

Open Command Prompt as administrator and type "chkdsk /f X:" (replace X with your drive letter). It might fix file system issues. If not, it could be a hardware problem

romanov80

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
351.7 GB
Uploaded
15.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Have you considered checking the disk for errors using the built-in Windows tool?

Open Command Prompt as administrator and type "chkdsk /f X:" (replace X with your drive letter). It might fix file system issues. If not, it could be a hardware problem
hmm... was going to try chkdsk but when i plug the hard drive it was readable... but the windows telling there is an error... with choice scan and fix or continue without scanning
just tried to format using built it format but failed... and drive label is visible...

chkdsk can't be use for RAW

Dark Wolf

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
883.4 GB
Uploaded
43.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
47 (47)
Member for 1 years
hmm... was going to try chkdsk but when i plug the hard drive it was readable... but the windows telling there is an error... with choice scan and fix or continue without scanning

So the drive is readable? Then I would try scanning it before you add anymore data to it. If you are still having I/O errors, then your drive may be failing.
In that case, you'll need a new drive soon.

tdbnz

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
6.6 GB
Uploaded
63.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
just tried to format using built it format but failed... and drive label is visible...

chkdsk can't be use for RAW
If your hard drive is showing as RAW and you're unable to format it using built-in options, you can try the following steps:

1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator.

2. Type `diskpart` and press Enter.

3. In the `diskpart` utility, type `list disk` and press Enter to see a list of available disks. Identify your RAW hard drive.

4. Type `select disk X` (replace X with the disk number of your RAW drive) and press Enter.

5. Type `clean` and press Enter to remove all partitions and data from the disk.

6. After cleaning, create a new partition by typing `create partition primary` and press Enter.

7. Format the new partition by typing `format fs=ntfs` (or `format fs=exfat` if you prefer) and press Enter.

8. Once the format is complete, assign a drive letter by typing `assign letter=X` (replace X with your preferred drive letter) and press Enter.

9. Exit the `diskpart` utility by typing `exit` and press Enter.

10. Close the Command Prompt.

Now, check if the hard drive is accessible and formatted correctly. If these steps don't resolve the issue, there may be a physical problem with the hard drive as

romanov80

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
351.7 GB
Uploaded
15.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
So the drive is readable? Then I would try scanning it before you add anymore data to it. If you are still having I/O errors, then your drive may be failing.
In that case, you'll need a new drive soon.
just now i re tried to plug it again and option to format show again... and it worked... manage to format it... i guess maybe its failing...

If your hard drive is showing as RAW and you're unable to format it using built-in options, you can try the following steps:

1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator.

2. Type `diskpart` and press Enter.

3. In the `diskpart` utility, type `list disk` and press Enter to see a list of available disks. Identify your RAW hard drive.

4. Type `select disk X` (replace X with the disk number of your RAW drive) and press Enter.

5. Type `clean` and press Enter to remove all partitions and data from the disk.

6. After cleaning, create a new partition by typing `create partition primary` and press Enter.

7. Format the new partition by typing `format fs=ntfs` (or `format fs=exfat` if you prefer) and press Enter.

8. Once the format is complete, assign a drive letter by typing `assign letter=X` (replace X with your preferred drive letter) and press Enter.

9. Exit the `diskpart` utility by typing `exit` and press Enter.

10. Close the Command Prompt.

Now, check if the hard drive is accessible and formatted correctly. If these steps don't resolve the issue, there may be a physical problem with the hard drive as
tried this before but failed... well now its working... gonna use for installing OS then format again... :p

newwave

Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
i would use a program to check the status and life of the HD, for me personally the easies way to do this is connecting it as an external hd into another computer or laptop and using crystaldiskinfo or hard disk sentinel you can find it here in the (utility tool section)

we@kGamer

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
54.6 GB
Uploaded
54.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Yes, just as they've mention you should try to check the HDD's Health with Smart Health Crystal Disc Info software. That way you will know what causing your harddrive fail and if its way beyond repair.

Dark Wolf

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
883.4 GB
Uploaded
43.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
47 (47)
Member for 1 years
This thread has gone on long enough with no replies.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.