Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Remove unattended windows install from an ISO image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamimi

Downloaded
10.3 GB
Uploaded
5.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Hello, I have attempted to make an AIO ISO file, it went all good except for that I think it has unattended installation enabled somehow, I never wanted that and I didn't even know about it until it happened, I used winAIO maker to create the ISO file, I hope someone can guide me on how to disable the unattended installation as google didn't seem to be helpful about that, thanks in advance!

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
If I understood you well, Open the ISO, locate a file named Autounattend.xml or unattend.xml, and remove it. This file contains the answers to what Windows ask while installing and so it becomes unattended. Test the ISO after removal.

Last edited:

Tamimi

Downloaded
10.3 GB
Uploaded
5.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
If I understood you well, Open the ISO, locate a file named unattend.xml, and remove it. It should be in the \Windows\Panther\ folder This file contains the answers to what Windows ask while installing and so it becomes unattended. Test the ISO after removal.
I have already looked for that after extracting the ISO file, it wasn't anywhere, am I doing it wrong? is there anything I need to extract beyond extracting the ISO file itself? thank you for your help

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
I edited my answer, and check for Autounattend.xml or unattend.xml.

Last edited:

Phrankie

âš¡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
345 GB
Uploaded
620.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
101 (100)
Member for 2 years
@Tamimi first you want to create your AIO iso and your problem is how to disable unattended installation or avoid it while making your AIO iso

Unattended installation made when you applied autounattend.xml file to your iso so since you are trying to make your AIO iso there's no unattend installation will happen if you dont make and apply it and also since you dont know what it is there will be no problems for your AIO iso in the future

Tamimi

Downloaded
10.3 GB
Uploaded
5.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
I edited my answer, and check for Autounattend.xml or unattend.xml.
I looked for both, and anything carrying the word "unattend", the only thing I found was a dll file called unattend.dll, I deleted it but nothing changed

Tamimi

Downloaded
10.3 GB
Uploaded
5.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
@Tamimi first you want to create your AIO iso and your problem is how to disable unattended installation or avoid it while making your AIO iso

Unattended installation made when you applied autounattend.xml file to your iso so since you are trying to make your AIO iso there's no unattend installation will happen if you dont make and apply it and also since you dont know what it is there will be no problems for your AIO iso in the future
I hvae looked for an option to disable unattended installation inside the application, there wasn't such an option

Tamimi

Downloaded
10.3 GB
Uploaded
5.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Hey @Cyler @Phrankie, sorry for all the trouble, turns out the unattended option was enable in the virtual machine installation and it had nothing to do with the ISO itself, I thought about testing the iso directly on my laptop not the virtual machine but I was afraid my data will be wiped with the unattended installation, thank you very much for your help :h:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years