Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Random shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4rky

Downloaded
70.7 GB
Uploaded
269.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Hello TEAM OS
well, problem is my pc randomly shutdown when i use it in medium-high conditions.
it don't give any error code or crash raport, only shutdown around 1-3 times/day
i clean my pc every week there's no dust
All drivers up to date

PC Specs:
PSU: ZM500-XL 500W (temporary PSU)
MOBO: Asus H81M-K
CPU: Intel Core I5-4460
GPU: GIGABYTE Radeon R9 380 G1 Gaming Windforce Super OC
MEMORY: 12 GB ram: x1 EXELERAM 4bg DDR3 1600MHz CL 11 and x1 Corsair Vengeance 8bg DDR3 1600MHz CL 9
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb
Bios: Version 3602 - 03/26/2018

Max Temps:
CPU - 45°C
GPU - 85°C
HDD - 40°C

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,588.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years

D4rky

Change position of Memory cards and run memory test! Put Corsair in "0" slot.

D4rky

Downloaded
70.7 GB
Uploaded
269.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Change position of Memory cards and run memory test! Put Corsair in "0" slot.
I done it multiple times already 1 week ago, even tried with other ram sticks, i let test on for 2h and all work fine, and when i was in normal use it shutdown again...

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,588.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
I done it multiple times already 1 week ago, even tried with other ram sticks, i let test on for 2h and all work fine, and when i was in normal use it shutdown again...
What is happening if You leave only one mem card?
In most cases when computer randomly shutdown by itself, or is RAM or PSU

Mr Grimbahir

🔰 OS Forge Master - May he rest in peace 🔰
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
108.9 GB
Uploaded
18.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
52 (76)
Member for 4 years
The problem may result from so many reasons:
Follow steps please:
1- Install a fresh Windows 11 untouched.
2- Update ONLY VGA driver. Don't use 3rd party updaters like IObit driver booster. Just use Windows update system.
3- Use MSI Afterburner to monitor you CPU and GPU stats.

This particular problem happened with me when I got a new pc and used updaters.

D4rky

Downloaded
70.7 GB
Uploaded
269.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
i think PSU it's good, I try it on 3 different PSU, ZM500-XL, Corsair CV550 and Corsair RM650, on all of them random crash, both corsair PSU was new buy, the RM650 was the first, CV550 get it for tests to see if PSU fail and the ZM550 same, get it for tests
with RAM i try to use it only with x1 8gb corsair and after with an HyperX 8bg, it work better, i don't crash that much but it still crash approximate 3 times/week

D4rky

Downloaded
70.7 GB
Uploaded
269.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
on hardware the single parts i don't change for tests it's the GPU and the CPU, already get GPU Asus Radeon R7 260X OC for tests but i was at work and don't have time to test it
the tests was done on 4 different windows 10 and on an Manjaro Linux,
i will try to test with R7 260X on an Windows 11 to see if it will crash again..

YZigrin

Downloaded
39.8 GB
Uploaded
5.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Temporary power supply? What does it mean and what happened to the previous one? In the absence of a memory dump, I think it's the fault power line of the motherboard. A suddenly cut off the power supply does not allow you to take a memory dump.

D4rky

Downloaded
70.7 GB
Uploaded
269.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
The weird thing it's, i use that pc for some yrs and all work perfect, that problem comes up 5months ago, after the pc was not turn on for around 3-4 weeks cuz i was at work (cargo transporter) and when i come home and want to update GPS Maps i see that problem with random shutdowns

Temporary power supply? What does it mean and what happened to the previous one? In the absence of a memory dump, I think it's the fault power line of the motherboard. A suddenly cut off the power supply does not allow you to take a memory dump.
I try it on 3 different PSU, ZM500-XL, Corsair CV550 and Corsair RM650, the RM650 was the main PSU and to see if the problem it's from PSU i buy another PSU the CV550, again random shutdowns, and after i get the ZM500-XL to try it too, it can be possible to 2/3 PSU tested to fail but 3/3 PSU fail... it's a very low chance...

i run stress tests on it around 10-12h/ test on CPU GPU and RAM and no crash/shutdown, and one day after in normal use, shutdown again.. or the all parts it get have problem on board but that's a rlly small chance or i think it's an CPU or MOBO problem, cuz the CPU was not changed for tests and the 2 MOBOs i tried was buy used parts

YZigrin

Downloaded
39.8 GB
Uploaded
5.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
As I wrote, I think it's the fault of the motherboard. And you do not have any report? Even in minidump? Control panel - System - Advanced System Settings - Advanced tab (Starting and Recovery) - Settings - Should be selected - Save the event to the System Journal and - Save debug information - a small dump or a full memory dump. There you will have information about what causes turning off and indirectly what can cause this.

D4rky

Downloaded
70.7 GB
Uploaded
269.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
As I wrote, I think it's the fault of the motherboard. And you do not have any report? Even in minidump? Control panel - System - Advanced System Settings - Advanced tab (Starting and Recovery) - Settings - Should be selected - Save the event to the System Journal and - Save debug information - a small dump or a full memory dump. There you will have information about what causes turning off and indirectly what can cause this.
that's only things i can find in logs

YZigrin

Downloaded
39.8 GB
Uploaded
5.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Event log does not say anything, only the computer is not turned off properly. You need a memory dump and someone who has correctly interpret.

D4rky

Downloaded
70.7 GB
Uploaded
269.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Event log does not say anything, only the computer is not turned off properly. You need a memory dump and someone who has correctly interpret.
the only little problem is, after another crash, i don't generate any MEMORY.dmp

YZigrin

Downloaded
39.8 GB
Uploaded
5.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I understand that you checked the settings?

cryptongg

Downloaded
133.3 GB
Uploaded
71.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Clean R9 this cars must repaste gelid/noctua/grizlly
clean ipa termopad arctix/termaltake/graphite
then all work done must see 70C
check Vcore/bios 1.1-3V

D4rky

Downloaded
70.7 GB
Uploaded
269.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I understand that you checked the settings?
Yep, it's selected to write Complete memory dump

Clean R9 this cars must repaste gelid/noctua/grizlly
clean ipa termopad arctix/termaltake/graphite
then all work done must see 70C
check Vcore/bios 1.1-3V
mine one have 85C couse of some bad ventilation in pc case, but it get up to 85 extremly rare, only at 100% for more then 10-15 minutes, the most time stay at 55-65C

Yep, it's selected to write Complete memory dump
i test it with notmyfault64 and it generate the .dmp file, but when it randomly shutdown, it don't generate any .dmp file

YZigrin

Downloaded
39.8 GB
Uploaded
5.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
So as you see, something does not give time to make a memory dump, only cuts off the power

kingkenny

Downloaded
931.9 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Hey D4rky

From my experience of PCs when I have found the most random shit causing crashes and power offs - it normally related one the following:

1. Bad PSU. 12v rail breaks down and MotherBoard components start to get issues.
2. Bad Memory. Get a copy of Memtest.iso and test the memory.
3. Badly seated CPU/ Air Cooler. Make sure its removed and put back in and paste added. May sure the cooler is sitting right. Not caught on anything. Make sure you removed any protective film from the CPU heatsink part if its new (only cus I left one on once! Hey it was a clear protective film and I couldn't tell at the time lol) What are your CPU temps like?
4. GPU issues - Could be Related to No.1. Make sure its seated right and is fully clicked into the PCIe slot.
5. Motherboard is on its way out. Components do start to break down over time or become too sensitive. The knock-on effect is that it starts to affect other board components i.e. Sata Controller/Memory Controller and it just messes up all the damn time.

Even a bad earth from a screw that holding the Motherboard in. Just make sure everything is secure and firmly connected. I have spent many a day stripping down a whole PC and putting it back together - to then find absolutely nothing wrong the 2nd time and it works. lol. Only add single components like only one disk and test. Then add in other disks / dvdrom / nvme and retest. Make sure the BIOS is set the defaults. I have seen some settings cause issues. A clean OS. Clean drivers. Backup your current OS to a image and install a new one on a spare drive to see how stable it is.

PC's are like women. They will sometimes just completely bust your balls for no apparent reason. lol

Good luck and I hope you find the issue and get it sorted. :)

Last edited:

D4rky

Downloaded
70.7 GB
Uploaded
269.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Hey D4rky

From my experience of PCs when I have found the most random shit causing crashes and power offs - it normally related one the following:

1. Bad PSU. 12v rail breaks down and MotherBoard components start to get issues.
2. Bad Memory. Get a copy of Memtest.iso and test the memory.
3. Badly seated CPU/ Air Cooler. Make sure its removed and put back in and paste added. May sure the cooler is sitting right. Not caught on anything. Make sure you removed any protective film from the CPU heatsink part if its new (only cus I left one on once! Hey it was a clear protective film and I couldn't tell at the time lol) What are your CPU temps like?
4. GPU issues - Could be Related to No.1. Make sure its seated right and is fully clicked into the PCIe slot.
5. Motherboard is on its way out. Components do start to break down over time or become too sensitive. The knock-on effect is that it starts to affect other board components i.e. Sata Controller/Memory Controller and it just messes up all the damn time.

Even a bad earth from a screw that holding the Motherboard in. Just make sure everything is secure and firmly connected. I have spent many a day stripping down a whole PC and putting it back together - to then find absolutely nothing wrong the 2nd time and it works. lol. Only add single components like only one disk and test. Then add in other disks / dvdrom / nvme and retest.

PC's are like women. They will sometimes just completely bust your balls for no apparent reason. lol

Good luck and I hope you find the issue and get it sorted. :)

Hey kingkenny

I test it on 3 different PSUs and it's the same,
2 weeks ago i left Memory stress test on over night and it work normally
4gb single card test, 8 gb single card, 8 gb-2x4 cards, 12gb 4+8 cards, and 16 gb 2x8gb cards and in all tests it run with no problems
CPU paste was changed 2 weeks ago when i try testing other momory cards and the CPU temps it's around 40-45°C,
at the GPU, after it turn on it give crash report in Radeon Software or if it don't give crash report it give an error who say "No AMD Graphics Card Detected"

kingkenny

Downloaded
931.9 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Do you have on-board motherboard integrated graphics? remove the AMD card and see how that runs? Sounds like the motherboard itself or the AMD card maybe the issue. I guess you don't have an old GPU card to swap out and test?

Status
Not open for further replies.