Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked [Question]How to create a Sergei Strelec like ISO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherno87

Downloaded
70.9 GB
Uploaded
173.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hi! I was wondering how can I create a booteable SO with softwares that I like to use, like DLC boot Mini-Windows 10, Hirens mini XP or Sergei Strelec ISO.

In order to repair computers I always used ISO's made by others, and I wanna make my own. I don't know how trusty Hirens creator is for example, but mostly because I always use 2 or 3 test softwares, a partition assistant soft, a recovery data soft and that's all, and I'm using a 50GB ISO :D

Is there a way to install W10 on a virtual machine, install those software and then make that VM booteable? Or how is the proccess?

Thanks! Maybe a noob question, but I googled it and I didn't find a good tutorial explaining how to do this.

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hi, video tutorial on this website may help you

Code:
https://www.briteccomputers.co.uk/posts/how-to-extract-and-modify-wim-file-with-gimagex-by-britec-3/

Have fun ;)

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11545 (11545)
Member for 8 years
@cherno87 Try any of these. >> Ultra ISO, Burnaware Pro, Daemon tools, Power ISO.
Many more tools here. >>

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
This may also be helpful to you...

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
If we talk strictly about Pc repair, what you are looking for is Windows PE (Preinstallation Environment). With Win PE (which is what Hiren and Strelec use) you can have windows running live from a USB (or other media) without the need of installing it 1st. Think of it as the equivalent of a Live Linux CD. After PE boots, you can work with the system and install OS, Add/remove programs, fix problems, etc. PE is designed to run from a ram drive actually and don't ask for any hard disk space at all.

Now how to customize, add programs, and hardware support, and other such topics will require a thread of its own, (@Dark Wolf comment above is an excellent example) and it's not easy to cover and write as an answer here. Since Microsoft covers it completely if you don't mind digging a bit into the command line, you can find the full documentation here as well as examples. After reading it and understanding what is PE and how it functions you can search more on how to do things and customize it more.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/winpe-intro

Light_Eater

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
768.3 GB
Uploaded
111 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
@Cyler, I do love links you provide, there is always so much there that you can read for a week and get to the bottom of given subject.

cherno87

Downloaded
70.9 GB
Uploaded
173.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hi, video tutorial on this website may help you

Code:
https://www.briteccomputers.co.uk/posts/how-to-extract-and-modify-wim-file-with-gimagex-by-britec-3/

Have fun ;)
Thanks! I'll check it out and tell you if it helps!

@cherno87 Try any of these. >> Ultra ISO, Burnaware Pro, Daemon tools, Power ISO.
Many more tools here. >>
Thanks Spacely! But I was wondering how to create my own (using your soft mostly... I always download yours and Mirkec's ones :D ), I already know how to burn a made ISO.

This may also be helpful to you...
This seems a little complex... I'll read it tomorrow with time. Thank you!

If we talk strictly about Pc repair, what you are looking for is Windows PE (Preinstallation Environment). With Win PE (which is what Hiren and Strelec use) you can have windows running live from a USB (or other media) without the need of installing it 1st. Think of it as the equivalent of a Live Linux CD. After PE boots, you can work with the system and install OS, Add/remove programs, fix problems, etc. PE is designed to run from a ram drive actually and don't ask for any hard disk space at all.

Now how to customize, add programs, and hardware support, and other such topics will require a thread of its own, (@Dark Wolf comment above is an excellent example) and it's not easy to cover and write as an answer here. Since Microsoft covers it completely if you don't mind digging a bit into the command line, you can find the full documentation here as well as examples. After reading it and understanding what is PE and how it functions you can search more on how to do things and customize it more.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/winpe-intro
Yes... reading about it I found that it's called "Windows PE". I though I could install Windows 10 on a VM, install the softwares and then make that a booteable ISO, but its not possible (or I didn't found the way).
Thank you for that usefull link!

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Yes... reading about it I found that it's called "Windows PE". I though I could install Windows 10 on a VM, install the softwares and then make that a booteable ISO, but its not possible (or I didn't found the way).
Thank you for that usefull link!
You can't do that but it's because of how windows work. The normal version will need drivers for the chipset, especially if the chipsets are very new and exotic, you will have a problem with the swap, network/wifi cards, account security/authorization, and many others. MS knew about this and that's why they made PE (which is made from normal windows) to be able to run from a ram drive. Dont think of it as something different. Windows PE is otherwise normal windows with minimum requirements.

There may be a way to do what you ask by using a minimalistic Linux Distro and run straight a KVM with windows... Kinda like a type 1 hypervisor but no point really. It's like going from the USA to England via Japan.

If there isn't anything else I guess we cal close the thread?

cherno87

Downloaded
70.9 GB
Uploaded
173.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
You can't do that but it's because of how windows work. The normal version will need drivers for the chipset, especially if the chipsets are very new and exotic, you will have a problem with the swap, network/wifi cards, account security/authorization, and many others. MS knew about this and that's why they made PE (which is made from normal windows) to be able to run from a ram drive. Dont think of it as something different. Windows PE is otherwise normal windows with minimum requirements.

There may be a way to do what you ask by using a minimalistic Linux Distro and run straight a KVM with windows... Kinda like a type 1 hypervisor but no point really. It's like going from the USA to England via Japan.

If there isn't anything else I guess we cal close the thread?
Yes, you can close it. I'll read all the info and I'll post again if I have any other doubt.

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.