Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Port forwarding and Torrent seeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

swapnilmuscle

Downloaded
54.6 GB
Uploaded
15.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Yesterday I created a thread regarding torrent seeding. Today I spent my entire day on learning and fixing my seeding. But still I am having some issues. I am mentioning everything below.
1) I added few linux distro torrents from their official sites so that I could get a lot traffic on that torrents so, i could check if something is wrong with my machine and yes there were leechers, seeders and still I was not seeding to any of them.
2) I tried multiple ports still not working
3) I did a test in the utorrent link:
4) I spent time on trying to open a port by adding inbound rules still port is not working

About my system:
1) I am using a dell laptop and I tried all Utorrent, bittorent, qbittorent
2) I am using my Android 9 version phone as a hotspot (that's all I have got I have unlimited internet on the simcard)

Some screenshots:

Note for Admins and Moderators : This is my 2nd thread if I have done something wrong while writing this thread just guide (I have read other threads regarding seeding and torrents)
I tried to insert the screenshots by using insert image, it said cant load from here that's why I pasted the links directly.
I hope I get help and will be able to seed

Chuck

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
You are making outgoing connections because I see this

In uTorrent, try selecting "Automatic port mapping". (from the 1st image)

If your phone has a firewall when you use it as a hotspot then you will have to open your incoming torrent port on the phone.

EDIT

Google this "How to port-forward internet using Android Hotspot to PC"
It says
"Generally you can't, not because Android isn't capable, but because in general carriers don't allow inbound traffic of any kind to mobile devices. You may get an IP address from your carrier, but that is just for outbound traffic, unsolicited inbound traffic (the kind you need port forwarding for) is nearly always blocked by every carrier world-wide."

However, later on in the post someone has posted a way to do it. You could try that.

Last edited:

swapnilmuscle

Downloaded
54.6 GB
Uploaded
15.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
You are making outgoing connections because I see this

In uTorrent, try selecting "Automatic port mapping". (from the 1st image)

If your phone has a firewall when you use it as a hotspot then you will have to open your incoming torrent port on the phone.
1)Tried Automatic port mapping still issue remains
2) Android devices don't have firewall settings ( atleast not available to non root users)

I just want to open a port cause whenever I check on internet if my port is open it reports it is closed

Chuck

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
I just want to open a port cause whenever I check on internet if my port is open it reports it is closed

The link I just looked at implies that you can't open incoming ports on your phone. I'm not in a position to confirm that so I suggest that you Google the page I looked at and then try to confirm what it says elsewhere.
Ignore the stupid comment on the page "how do you get messages.." Text messages have nothing to do with the internet.

fantom

Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Google " Android 9 hot-spot open port forwarding "! There was several explanation, but I am afraid only on root-ed models!

Even if You have one, still dependencies of Your ISP is it allowed it in their`s settings!

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Ok let's start from the... beginning.

Why do we need ports? We normally use several apps concurrently or even several instances of an app (tabs for example) that all use the internet. Disc.ord, skype, torrent client, browser, games you name it. All of those data for all the apps come to us using the same cable, and so how do they know which data goes to which app? Which data are for torrent and which are for browser? That's where ports are used. A port number or even a range of port numbers are assigned to an application and that's how data know where to go once inside your PC. Web server is 80 and 8080 for secure connections, for example. FTP is 21 and so on.

Whenever you run a program, that program when it sends requests it also sends the port number those requests should be answered, which is why you must have the ports open to be able to receive data. If a port is closed, those data are simply lost.

Where is your issue? That your laptop is not the first device on the internet cable to receive those data... Your modem/router/hotspot is first.
So whenever you open a port and instruct your PC to accept connections through it, you must also do the same on your router/hotspot too. That's why we call it port forwarding. You tell your router, whenever data comes for 192.168.1.X (your PC's IP) and port YYYYY let them in. The modem then will forward that data to you and your PC will receive them in that port. If the modem port is closed... nothing comes through no matter how many ports you open on your laptop.

In short, if any device in the chain has a port closed, all data for that port are lost.

Now the issue gets complicated because... each phone, each android version, and each provider are different. Some allow full access, some partial, some dont allow you to edit and some do. All I can advise is to search for your phone model and android version if there are any pot forwarding utilities and keep trying till you get it. Remember to set same port ranges on both phone and laptop

Best of luck.

Last edited:

swapnilmuscle

Downloaded
54.6 GB
Uploaded
15.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Ok let's start from the... beginning.

Why do we need ports? We normally use several apps concurrently or even several instances of an app (tabs for example) that all use the internet. Disc.ord, skype, torrent client, browser, games you name it. All of those data for all the apps come to us using the same cable, and so how do they know which data goes to which app? Which data are for torrent and which are for browser? That's where ports are used. A port number or even a range of port numbers are assigned to an application and that's how data know where to go once inside your PC. Web server is 80 and 8080 for secure connections, for example. FTP is 21 and so on.

Whenever you run a program, that program when it sends requests it also sends the port number those requests should be answered, which is why you must have the ports open to be able to receive data. If a port is closed, those data are simply lost.

Where is your issue? That your laptop is not the first device on the internet cable to receive those data... Your modem/router/hotspot is first.
So whenever you open a port and instruct your PC to accept connections through it, you must also do the same on your router/hotspot too. That's why we call it port forwarding. You tell your router, whenever data comes for 192.168.1.X (your PC's IP) and port YYYYY let them in. The modem then will forward that data to you and your PC will receive them in that port. If the modem port is closed... nothing comes through no matter how many ports you open on your laptop.

In short, if any device in the chain has a port closed, all data for that port are lost.

Now the issue gets complicated because... each phone, each android version, and each provider are different. Some allow full access, some partial, some dont allow you to edit and some do. All I can advise is to search for your phone model if there are any pot forwarding utilities and keep trying till you get it.

Best of luck.
Wow that explains everything.
So, basically if my phone manufacturer and Android version allows me to modify it then it would work
Otherwise changing every setting on my laptop is just waste
Thanks that was quite informative

fantom

Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Wow that explains everything.
So, basically if my phone manufacturer and Android version allows me to modify it then it would work
Otherwise changing every setting on my laptop is just waste
Thanks that was quite informative
Exactly! All port-forwarding is made in Router, only what You need to do is port which You "open" on router, write down and put in application which You want to have it open!
EGG!
Āµtorrent > open port 5555 ...You in Āµtorrent /settings / connection put port 5555 and disable "use random every time application start" to avoid new port opening.
Before that is advised to use some static IP on computer and that IP put in router before port, so router know from where to expect "call" and to whom /Your IP:port/ so send it

EDIT: friend of mine tells mi about>>" Fwd: port forwarde " He use it for some games which his sons take when play games! I newer use it, so have no clue how that works!

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Exactly! All port-forwarding is made in Router, only what You need to do is port which You "open" on router, write down and put in application which You want to have it open!
EGG!
Āµtorrent > open port 5555 ...You in Āµtorrent /settings / connection put port 5555 and disable "use random every time application start" to avoid new port opening.
Before that is advised to use some static IP on computer and that IP put in router before port, so router know from where to expect "call" and to whom /Your IP:port/ so send it

EDIT: friend of mine tells mi about>>" Fwd: port forwarde " He use it for some games which his sons take when play games! I newer use it, so have no clue how that works!
Exactly, just open port on router. However on android phone you can use non-root firewalls which will allow ports to be opened over ntcli and also allow you to put a static IP on for that.

For routers just follow how @fantom explaijed and it is just a matter of 3 reboots for the router and 2 for the syatem and you should be set to go.

swapnilmuscle

Downloaded
54.6 GB
Uploaded
15.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Today I created some torrents on my laptop and started seeding and tried downloading that torrent from my friends pc and mobile but no success. The devices will connect to the torrent but my laptop i.e. owner of the torrent wont seed and others are not able to download.
so it is confirmed that android devices don't support seeding even if a laptop connects to the hotspot.
I tried certain apps like every proxy, fwd port forwarding.
even tried some adp reverse commands.
Nothing works.
Will be sticking to direct downloads from now on

Yash Dedhia

Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@swapnilmuscle does that complete your request? Can we close this ?

swapnilmuscle

Downloaded
54.6 GB
Uploaded
15.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
@Yash Dedhia
Yes sir you can