Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Persistent Wmsrt Popup After Last Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinisterDev85

Downloaded
3.3 GB
Uploaded
6.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Hi all! As the headline states, Im experiencing a persistent windows malicious software removal tool popup every time I start the computer. I installed a preactived copy of Win 10 Pro x64 which I downloaded from here earlier this year and haven't had this issue up until now.
Is it safe to run the tool on a cracked copy of windows? If not, how do I disable this from popping up every time I start up? Ive been trying to look around online ,but all the results Im seeing are from years ago and havent resolved my issue. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

bryan@qa

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
41.2 GB
Uploaded
204.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
simply turn off windows malicious tool. windows think that the activation tool used to activate that windows is malicious

SinisterDev85

Downloaded
3.3 GB
Uploaded
6.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Oh , is it really that simple? I cant seem to locate any sort of option in the settings to disable the tool.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
307 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
337 (356)
Member for 10 years
Oh , is it really that simple? I cant seem to locate any sort of option in the settings to disable the tool.
Run Full Scan. and let it do the job. do not afraid doing scan. it won't effect your OS. actually it will remove malicious infection only. If somehow your OS become non-active then you can activate it manually. Read below what does Windows malicious software removal means.
How to remove the Malicious Software Removal Tool:
The Malicious Software Removal Tool does not use an installer. Typically, when you run the Malicious Software Removal Tool, it creates a randomly named temporary directory on the root drive of the computer. This directory contains several files, and it includes the Mrtstub.exe file. Most of the time, this folder is automatically deleted after the tool finishes running or after the next time that you start the computer. However, this folder may not always be automatically deleted. In these cases, you can manually delete this folder, and this has no adverse effect on the computer.
-Keep your windows at Automatically update MSRT and it will run at background and stay silent if system seems good. That's all.

If you still not want to scan then Disable: Windows Defenders & Windows Update. then have rest of it. Good luck!

SinisterDev85

Downloaded
3.3 GB
Uploaded
6.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thank you for that information! I ran the scan and everything seems to be working fine :)
I do have Windows Defender disabled, because I use Kaspersky, but I thought it was not possible to disable updates in Windows 10? I thought Win 10 updates can only be temporarily deferred.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
307 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
337 (356)
Member for 10 years
Thank you for that information! I ran the scan and everything seems to be working fine :)
I do have Windows Defender disabled, because I use Kaspersky, but I thought it was not possible to disable updates in Windows 10? I thought Win 10 updates can only be temporarily deferred.
LOL i never go like this ever but here's a solution for you, My job to help members no matter what it cost. :blush: let me share something publicaly. LOL

1. Disable Windows Defender permanently?
Anwser: Yes you can disable it. But better solution to keep it enable and keep it running. use another A/V as default and Windows defender will go away automatically if you set another A/V program as Default.

2. Is that possible to turn Off windows 10 automatically Update?
Anwser: Yes it's possible and so easy. No need of any program to disable it. Follow below:
Go to > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Now Scroll down & Find ''Windows Update'' Double Click on it and > Select > Disable (From drop down menu) after that > Press > Stop. and wait unless it done. Now > Apply & Ok. That's all! Do the same to Disable Windows Defender.

Note: Enable windows updates every after 15 or 20 days and get updates. after that disable again. as you know updates make your OS workable and smoother. so do not keep your OS under Disabled windows updates.
Note 2: If you keep using Windows Defender then it won't be updated unless windows update enabled. so kindly enable windows update when you want to update windows defender.

Good luck to everyone who really wanted to Disable Windows Update without any tool or program. Remember folks, I'm using windows 10 pro x64. and have all latest updates by microsoft i enable windows update every after 15 days and do the job. and i never disable windows defender and it's also fully updated. lastly, i never used any A/V program with Windows defender. Just be careful what you're browsing at internet and always download files from trusted platforms. That's all.

Have a beautiful weekend :* Thread marked as completed. but it will stay open until specific period.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
307 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
337 (356)
Member for 10 years
@TheStrength Great read.. Complete information and easy to understand.. Well done, Well done..

Hosteh

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
134.6 GB
Uploaded
17.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Thanks a lot !

SinisterDev85

Downloaded
3.3 GB
Uploaded
6.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Haha! Thank you @TheStrength! Much appreciated! I feel like such a doofus now! I never thought of going into services and disabling windows updates through there hahaha! D'oh!

Perhaps you can help me with one more thing. I let the malicious software removal tool run like you suggested. It didn't find anything malicious on my computer. But now Im still getting the popup asking me if I want to run the tool again every time I start up my computer! Any idea why it keeps popping up and how I could stop it from doing that?
Ive been using the same copy of Win10 Pro x64 from TeamOS for the last year and never had this issue. It just started happening after a recent windows update and now it wont go away!
Thank you again for all your help!

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
307 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
337 (356)
Member for 10 years
Haha! Thank you @TheStrength! Much appreciated! I feel like such a doofus now! I never thought of going into services and disabling windows updates through there hahaha! D'oh!

Perhaps you can help me with one more thing. I let the malicious software removal tool run like you suggested. It didn't find anything malicious on my computer. But now Im still getting the popup asking me if I want to run the tool again every time I start up my computer! Any idea why it keeps popping up and how I could stop it from doing that?
Ive been using the same copy of Win10 Pro x64 from TeamOS for the last year and never had this issue. It just started happening after a recent windows update and now it wont go away!
Thank you again for all your help!
First of all The tool does not install or update files on a computer. Update windows after updating run MSRT if nothing found you will be good and it will disappeared from windows. and software removal tool stop appearing till next month. Microsoft will release an updated version of this tool on the second Tuesday of each month. Remember: The tool is not installed on the computer. No Program folder entry or Add / Remove Programs entry is created when the tool is run."

Everything about MSRT can be found here kindly read and get fix:
Or else try this tool: i'm sure it has function to control at MSRT also.

Thread locked & moved to solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.