Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Pendrive "USB cannot start (Error Code 10)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

manelucky

Downloaded
145.4 GB
Uploaded
526 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I got this problem right after make a bootable drive by rufus using my main PC. While on process (copy file image), my pendrive went off suddenly (its power indicator not showing anymore). Then i unplug and plug it. It shows in Device Manager as USB Mass Storage but cannot be detected by disk management. I've tried some solutions. Thought my main PC have usb port problem...
I have tried : Uninstall and reinstall it in device manager, Plug it to another PC. Update it using device manager and third party software but its already up to date
Sorry for my bad english :D

Many Thanks TeamOs for this Incredible Forum:)

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Plug it to another PC

If you tried on 2 PCs and both could not see it, I'm sorry but your USB is most likely damaged and I don't think it can be used anymore. Let's give it another try tho.

Before you start Make sure that you don't have other USB disk devices connected
Press Windows key and X and select PowerShell (admin).
Inside there type Diskpart and press enter, wait till you see Diskpart> in the window
then type list disk and press enter.
Does it show the USB in the list of disk devices?
If not, your USB is dead.
If yes, there is hope
to close it type exit and press enter 2 times.

Hope for the best

Edit: based on our chat, It could be that for some reason you have insufficient power (power supply issues) or your PC gets too hot. But since you tested on 2 PCs... it's very strange. Also, can you try on a different USB port, preferably a USB 2.0?

manelucky

Downloaded
145.4 GB
Uploaded
526 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
is powershell (admin) different from CMD (admin)?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
is powershell (admin) different from CMD (admin)?
Just a bit more "powerful" but for this test, it's exactly the same. I just got used to doing things with PowerShell. You can use either.

Toadiller

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
422.5 GB
Uploaded
1.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Feeling like giving help today, alr.

So some things you can try is running this small bit of code to launch the manager that shows your USB.

Code:
@echo off
echo Opening helpful menu...
"C:\Windows\System32\devmgmt.msc"
echo Open is done!
pause
cls
exit
echo Thanks for using!
echo Cheers,
echo Toadiller/6100m

Check in Device manager that just opened after you ran the code and check the error code. For instance, if it shows a error code in device manager, try fixing it by searching it up. Driver error might mean that your drive is savable, however, my External HDD said that but it was still dead. Hit or miss, if all else fails, it's a dead drive.
Another thing you CAN try however is using this to recover your data
If it has a activity light, plug it in and watch it for a minute. Light stops? Dead drive. If it keeps going, that means your drive is alive and kicking, and it is a Windows-based error.
You can also try using this as well to repair it. I recommend using this also to fix any driver issues with it
Try de-fragging and disk chk also. Another thing that can help is running this code to check your Windows to see if IT has issues with the drive, and that it isn't your drive's fault.

Code:
@echo off
echo RUN THIS SCRIPT AS ADMIN
pause
echo Opening helpful menu...
"C:\Windows\System32\devmgmt.msc"
echo Open is done!
echo Scanning...
sfc /scannow
echo Scan done!
pause
cls
exit
echo Thanks for using!
echo Cheers,
echo Toadiller/6100m

Hope this helps.
-6100m

Last edited:

manelucky

Downloaded
145.4 GB
Uploaded
526 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@Toadiller My drive is at fault. It didnt show light when plugged into any PC but shows light when i plugged it into my Smartphone Charger (18Watt). How to scan and fix if it didnt detected?

Many Thanks

manelucky

Downloaded
145.4 GB
Uploaded
526 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@Cyler Powershell also can't do bro... I've plugged it into my Smartphone Charger for 1 hour and then plug it into my PC but still the same

Toadiller

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
422.5 GB
Uploaded
1.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
The methods I listed I think should find the reason why, I mean they did for me before.

As for that light thing, I think its actually your power supply. (why? because well, if your smartphone charger can do it, then yeah your power supply has a issue I think)

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
You can use a powered USB hub to be 100% sure it's not your power delivery or cables. If that works tho it means you have a problem with your hardware overall. What baffles me is that as you said you tried on 2 different PCs and so that means either both had power issues or your Pendrive went bad.

Second, don't use the pen drive directly on a charger for prolonged times lol. If there was a chance to recover it now it's probably gone. Most USB ports give 500mA at 5v which means 2.5w and you used 18w??? well...

Last edited:

Toadiller

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
422.5 GB
Uploaded
1.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Yeah and make sure it can provide more than at least 20 watts. Also make sure the outlet is surge-protected, shielded, and grounded if you are able to that is.

EDIT: @Cyler :blush: Oh yeah I forgot, ohm's law and power usage that USB takes and whatnot. (Its weird, I should rerember this, I am a hardware guy :p )

Last edited:

manelucky

Downloaded
145.4 GB
Uploaded
526 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Im not sure its power supply or usb port problem.. Because I often use External HDD, another usb pendrive in my PC and it goes well.
Also i have tried using my neighbour PC to test this problematic Pendrive. It shows in device manager but cannot be detected

Toadiller

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
422.5 GB
Uploaded
1.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
That is a 80% sure sign it's dead. CrystalDiskInfo scan picture?

manelucky

Downloaded
145.4 GB
Uploaded
526 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
You can use a powered USB hub to be 100% sure it's not your power delivery or cables.
Okay bro.. I will try ASA i got the powered hub

manelucky

Downloaded
145.4 GB
Uploaded
526 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
By the way, Thanks for Fast reply:inlove:

Toadiller

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
422.5 GB
Uploaded
1.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hey no problem buddy, good ratio for good luck I always say :3

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
That is a 80% sure sign it's dead. CrystalDiskInfo scan picture?
I know you are trying to help and we appreciate it, but slow down and think before you write.
1. He is telling us all this time that the device can not be recognized and you tell him to run xx or yy software. Fun Fact, if windows won't recognize a disk, No other program that runs within windows will either.
2. He is telling us that he cant see the Pendrive in device manager and you give him a bat file to run device manager...

Dont get me wrong just trying to point you in the right direction if you really are interested in helping people. Read well what steps they took and don't rush and tell them to do what they already did. That won't fix anything unless they did the steps wrong. Also if something worked for a particular problem, that doesn't mean it will work for every problem.

Just friendly advice.

Toadiller

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
422.5 GB
Uploaded
1.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
No worries, I should've actually noticed since it has been a couple years since I've tried to fix one and my memory is fuzzy as heck. But there is one thing he can try: he may be able to JTAG the pendrive's NAND through an infectus programmer to see if it can extract the data directly, but there's a slim chance an infectus can grab it. Its a long shot, but besides doing stuff that well... other companies with clean rooms do.. that is the one thing he can try. (I dont recommend this for beginners, heck I havent even done it myself atm) But I have seen others do it.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpbeaKh5htw&feature=youtu.be
Infectus extraction
https://youtu.be/2eYyLjABI4M
monolith extraction
https://youtu.be/LwEt6Ia07w0
generic extraction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjB6wliyE_Y
knockoff usb extraction (forgot this one)
It might actually work in some cases, but I can't guarantee.

EDIT: Apologizes for that whole mess Cyler, I promise it wont happen again :D

Last edited:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
You do know we dont allow youtube links or any external link for that matter right? Please re-edit your post and remove the links. Put the URL in
Code:
form if you think they are necessary.

Edit: No need for apologies. We all do mistakes, just take it slow next time, its not a race who will give the 1st answer.

Last edited:

manelucky

Downloaded
145.4 GB
Uploaded
526 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@Toadiller Thanks for your sharing. It is great tutorial video, but i don't feel like to try it, im just a newbie. and dont have that kind of tools

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11545 (11545)
Member for 8 years
Thread completed. Author here just yesterday. No reply one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.