Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked OLD Acer predator helius 300 or NEW average spec laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KopCity

Downloaded
218.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Hi guys,
Just wanted your input on whether I should buy an acer predator for £350 that's been used(awesome spec) or purchase a new laptop but spec is nowhere near as good?
It's for my nephew's birthday, he mainly plays Roblox but last laptop Dell 4630 caused overheating issues

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
141.8 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@KopCity i would never suggest anyone to get a used Laptop or even any Electronic device get a new one with warranty & donot worry for issues later that wont be covered & may give you expensive repairs ..

KopCity

Downloaded
218.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
@KopCity i would never suggest anyone to get a used Laptop or even any Electronic device get a new one with warranty & donot worry for issues later that wont be covered & may give you expensive repairs ..
Tbh, I can personally repair a laptop..
So you wouldn't recommend that? Hmm

I'm hoping somebody says USED is a good option lol .
Ah decisions...

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
141.8 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@KopCity Personally even if you could you couldnot repair something that can only be done by Service center people somethings are out of reach.. My Personal opinion i would not like to spend on used laptop & worry about issues.. This thread will be closed soon enough @KopCity make your decision lol Goodluck

KopCity

Downloaded
218.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
@KopCity Personally even if you could you couldnot repair something that can only be done by Service center people somethings are out of reach.. My Personal opinion i would not like to spend on used laptop & worry about issues.. This thread will be closed soon enough @KopCity make your decision lol Goodluck
Can i wait until someone says "Go for it kiddo"?? Haha
Okay I'll most likely take up on your advice.
Thanks

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
First of all, you must know that helios is a generic title for a laptop line that has anything from i5 8xxx to i9 12xxx and from 1050m to 3080m with many combos of the cpu/ram/graphics card, and so we cant really advice one way or the other.

Second, since you seem to know, I assume you realize that everything is about risk/reward. Getting better specs with a used pc/laptop at low prices (reward) comes with the uncertainty that maybe in a few weeks it will go bad and then you will have to pay more for parts (risk). This is very subjective and no one can really answer. $350 for someone who has $3.500 budget is only 10% and so an acceptable risk, but for someone who has a budget of $350, it's 100% of the budget and so... not a good risk, just to state the 2 extreme examples.

And even if you can repair it yourself as you say, you have 3 issues,

1. Finding parts: not everything is available as often you need VERY specific parts that are made for a range of models only.
2. Some parts can not be replaced (again depends on the laptop) and need a total motherboard replacement.
3. Price of said parts.

My advice, since you seem to like the idea, stress test the laptop (game or benchmark) for at least a couple of hours, check its thermals and battery for longevity, and check available replacement parts in the market to have an idea of cost (rams, disks, CPU, GPU, mobo, monitor). If it passes the above... consider the risk/reward. If the owner says no to testing, you have your answer.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

ki_2004

Downloaded
260.1 MB
Uploaded
9.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Bit off topic but I would buy a used product for myself but would never gift a used product to anyone. Even to my near and dear ones.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@KopCity we do not recommend which device you should buy.
This section is for real non-existential problems...
You've already been given enough help with this anyway.
Search for info on Google or with a technician, consult with your pillow or throw a coin and decide which device to give to your nephew on his birthday.
Enough, completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.