Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked NVidia gt710 ddr3 / hd7450

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbot89

Downloaded
113.7 GB
Uploaded
117.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
hey! Good Day. I have and old pc ddr3. Is it still wise to buy ddr3 2gb gpu in today's games? can the 2gb gpu carry todays games like warzone or gtaV?

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
258 (266)
Member for 7 years
no, you might need a newer gdr5 or gdr6 graphics car for newer games!

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Gtav is not today's game is a game from 2015, just saying. As for if it can run the current game, they say an image is 1000 words so here are a few images...

Gta5 - 15 FPS at 1080p low and about 30 FPS 720p Low
QGtX2c.jpeg
Warzone 11 FPS at 720P Low, Didnt bother for 1080p
QGtjez.jpeg

Some other games at 720p LOW
Hogwarts 7 FPS - Horizon Zero dawn 13 FPS - Spider-man 8fps - Red dead 11 FPS.. you get the idea.
It can play some older games like overwatch at about 20-30 fps and valorant at 95+ FPS but you dont play those games for the graphics.

Even if someone gives it for free, don't get it if it's meant for gaming, you will have a headache every time you play. The card is only good for 2d simple games and browser games.

Last edited:

Newbot89

Downloaded
113.7 GB
Uploaded
117.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Thanks a lot, I just avoided wasting money on trying to revive my old pc. it's always awesome to ask first before taking steps.

Loveena

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
12.6 GB
Uploaded
8.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thanks a lot, I just avoided wasting money on trying to revive my old pc. it's always awesome to ask first before taking steps.
It's always awesome to read @Cyler 's Informed/Expert advice.

L3GI0N5

Power User
Downloaded
209.2 GB
Uploaded
4.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
23 (24)
Member for 5 years
Yep, agree, card is made for editing and small gaming, wouldnt recommend it on warzone, you will be kicked out all the time. Also had that issue, had to upgrade to at least gddr5

arachnoid

Downloaded
153.2 GB
Uploaded
316 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Technically you could upgrade to something like a 4GB Nvidia Quadro K1200 but the whole system is going to be struggling to provide any decent speed or frame rates given the complexity of modern games.

Downloaded
61.4 MB
Uploaded
34.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
In my experience, today's games always need more and more VRAM. When buying a new graphics card to play current games, I would usually recommend one with at least 6 or 8 GB of VRAM.

To make a recommendation, I would need a little more information about your system and your budget. If you only play games and don't need the graphics card for other applications, it's also worth considering AMD graphics cards. I don't know how much you would have paid for the Nvidia GT 710 but i did only find offers in my country for around 100$. You can find used Nvidia RTX 3050 Cards for around 200$ which comes with 8GB GDDR6 of VRAM which will for sure be more worth the money.

Mohic4n

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
55.2 GB
Uploaded
579.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Technically you could upgrade to something like a 4GB Nvidia Quadro K1200 but the whole system is going to be struggling to provide any decent speed or frame rates given the complexity of modern games.
Quadros don't have the instructions for playing games.
The opposite can happen - the RTX or some GTX series to run *CAD programs with the appropriate drivers.

For the topic to be closed:
Don't waste any more money on this pc. Make it a server (like truenas if you wish) or recycle it.
Search for refurbished computers or on e-markets from other people to upgrade to something newer, if you wish to play newer games.
I suspect that you might be a parent and you need it for your child ?
For todays games I would suggest to a minimum of I5-9000 series cpu and ddr4 with at least GTX1660Ti for 1080p resolution.
The more the resolution or the more better graphics you want to have the better in cpu and vga you have to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.