Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked New to Mac, Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey Parker

Downloaded
348.7 GB
Uploaded
2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Hello all! So, I have very little background in Mac OS, I did hackintosh back in the netbook days. Know a bit of linux, know a lot of Windows.

Anyways, I have actually two Mac computers. iMac 2009? And this Mac Book air 2017. This iMac, I need to reinstall OSX on. I swapped the hard drive out and now I am just met with a greyish screen with a folder blinking.

Before I swapped the hard drive, I would get to sign in to the Apple ID screen, sign in than I would get some error. I brought the iMac home, now when I try to reinstall OSX, I received an error saying to try again later every time. I do not get to any login screen. I've tried these little bootup shortcuts, only to receive the same results. Errors out.

After researching, I couldn't use my Apple ID because it wasn't used to sign into anactual Mac computer. But after bringing it home, I don't even get to that screen anymore. I am so confused. Why can't I just boot from USB and install. What is going on here?

Any information would help as I love to learn new things!

Mr. Spacely

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11578 (11578)
Member for 8 years
This isn't a MaC forum. Windows mostly. Even though we host some OS and apps not the best place to ask. Not gonna reject this right away, but will be closed soon. Find a MaC / IOS forum.

Trey Parker

Downloaded
348.7 GB
Uploaded
2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
This isn't a MaC forum. Windows mostly. Even though we host some OS and apps not the best place to ask. Not gonna reject this right away, but will be closed soon. Find a MaC / IOS forum.
Thank you. I got confused on where to post this because I'm lost when it comes to mac stuff. But thank you for the information!

YoungZeus

Geordie Boy
Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
31.9 GB
Uploaded
11.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
6 (6)
Member for 10 years
You know it's obvious to me that you have access to the internet, did you actually google this question before you came here to ask?

I did it just out of interest and typed the following "how to install mac ios onto a new hd from cd" unsurprising I got over 1 million hits. There are full step-by-step instructions on there how to install MAC IOS onto an HD,,

Please do the right thing,, CHECK before you ask for help on here,

consider this thread completed and closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.