Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked need some advise..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichalPlays

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
132.5 GB
Uploaded
20.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I don't know if this is the right thread or if this actually belongs to this forum but I seriously need some help..

Recently I woke up in the morning and noticed that that there were wet shoe marks on my floor that probably came from some high heels, some of my clothes went missing and there were no signs of forceful entery into my apartment.

My question is, are there any software methods or hardware devices (don't post any links!) to monitor a specific area of your house and then transfer everything to your computer?
I could use my smartphone to do this but ...
1. it would be too obvious, when suddenly my phone sticks out of my jacket
2. I only have like 32gb of storage in it
3. The camera quality is bad because I'm running LineageOS (Android10) firmware on it :p

Would be happy about any advise

(except for those that say that I should use some Laptop webcams, solder a USB connector to it and connect it to a Raspberry Pi... Laptop webcams are just bad for low light conditions:p)

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Don't know much about that... but are there not battery operated "spy" cams a person can buy taht are easy ti hide ... and activated by motion to record... they have them for hunters :p Just saying.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
If I understood you right, as a hardware solution, what you ask is called Wireless (or wired) IP cameras. There are models that start recording only when they detect movement, they use mp4 as a recording format to keep the file size down, the resolution can scale from 0.3 MPixels all the way to 25 MPixels (7000x4000) but all depends on the price you are willing to pay, and can record straight to any PC or even phone/tablet. They can send an e-mail notification, and some even SMS assuming you have a sim card to use. You can monitor remotely from any PC or phone that is connected to the internet. They also can take either video or a series of pictures to further save on disk space if you want 24/7 survivance.

I would suggest to google and read about costs/setup/usage and see if its something that would help you. Plenty of videos on youtube too.

For software only there are many programs that you can hook USB webcams and use them as surveillance cameras. ISpyConnect is a free, opensource program for such usage but you can find many more. Much of what I said above for the IP cameras apply here too. Email notification, motion detections etc. The quality of the image/video will depend on the quality of the webcam(s) you will choose, and similar to the IP cameras, you can go from 0.3 MPixels to 4K resolutions (even more maybe?). It all depends on your needs and budget.

Hope it helped.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
@MichalPlays you definitely need :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
This is so obvious . SIMPLY change your entry door hardware/locks etc. and save your money. Plus suggest Apt management INSTALL security system.

Marbles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
228.3 GB
Uploaded
39.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Buy a beaver trap and set it at the front door. I actually did this and caught a person living in my barn. Police were not much help as they are too far away.

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
I'm locking this... it feels like ideas here will get a little too dangerous.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11435 (11435)
Member for 8 years
I'm locking this... it feels like ideas here will get a little too dangerous.
Good idea. Turning into nonsense already.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Buy a beaver trap and set it at the front door. I actually did this and caught a person living in my barn. Police were not much help as they are too far away.
Beaver traps lmao.. Pole Cat size

Status
Not open for further replies.