Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

My Dell Vestro 1015 Laptop Hard Disk is Dead. How can i repair It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIDHIBARKI

Downloaded
20.8 GB
Uploaded
4.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Dear Frieds plz guide me my dell vestro 1015 laptop hard disk is dead. How can repai it? please guide me plz...

Elzer

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
142.9 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
33 (32)
Member for 7 years

Last edited:

Ranger

FB COMMANDER
👑 Administrator
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
258.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
99 (102)
Member for 3 years
If your Dell Vostro 1015 laptop's hard disk is dead, you will need to replace it with a new one. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Purchase a new hard disk that is compatible with your laptop. You can check your laptop's user manual or Dell's website to find out which hard disks are compatible.
  2. Once you have the new hard disk, turn off your laptop, unplug it from the power source, and remove the battery.
  3. Locate the hard disk compartment on your laptop. This is usually on the bottom of the laptop and is marked with a symbol that looks like three stacked discs.
  4. Remove the screws that hold the hard disk compartment cover in place.
  5. Carefully remove the cover and set it aside.
  6. Locate the old hard disk and remove it by gently pulling it out of its connector. Some laptops may have screws holding the hard disk in place, so be sure to remove these as well.
  7. Insert the new hard disk into the connector and secure it with any screws that were removed.
  8. Replace the hard disk compartment cover and secure it with the screws.
  9. Reinstall the battery and plug the laptop back into the power source.
  10. Turn on the laptop and follow the operating system's instructions to format the new hard disk and install the operating system.
Note: If you don't feel comfortable performing these steps yourself, it's recommended to take your laptop to a professional computer repair service.

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5 TB
Uploaded
268.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
With the price point and speed offered by today's SSD drives, if your laptop did not ship with an SSD, now is a great time to upgrade to SSD.
This should breathe some new life in your older PC's and make everything faster, from installing the OS to running and launching programs and games.
You can get "decent" SSD drives, in 512GB capacity for roughly 40 dollars or less, on Amazon.

Elzer

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
142.9 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
33 (32)
Member for 7 years
@Charles ...you buy it and send to him!

NIDHIBARKI

Downloaded
20.8 GB
Uploaded
4.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Thanks a lot, bro.....s. your replays

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Is it an solid state or spinning disk? Is it picked up by the bios? You could look at raw copy by roadkill or copybaddisk or hdclone. You may be able to clone it to a working disk.

FishAping

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
342 GB
Uploaded
61.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
how do you know the harddrive is dead
has it been tested in another computer or drive dock
has it been removed and reseated in the laptop and tried ( this is not a uncommon problem )
is the drive shown in bios
this is where i would start

if you still have the problem let me know and i will try to help you

MniawY

• STAFF™ 🌟
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
Downloaded
156.5 GB
Uploaded
51 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
104 (102)
Member for 7 years
Thanks a lot, bro.....s. your replays
@NIDHIBARKI, Many Solutions were given here, Just tell us if we can close this, Good Luck ☑️

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5 TB
Uploaded
268.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
@Charles ...you buy it and send to him!
Although I am fairly generous, I would assume that anyone in the I.T. realm would know that their data is far more valuable than the cost of the storage media it is on.

YoungZeus

Geordie Boy
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31.9 GB
Uploaded
11.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
6 (6)
Member for 10 years
Enough, I believe that this has gone as far as it can, Some good advice with a number of solutions, I don't feel there is anything more to advise. If your competency level is low, then do what was suggested earlier in this thread and take it to a professional to fix,

The subject completed and closed

Status
Not open for further replies.