Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

MSI H310M - Gaming Plus BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoRed

Downloaded
30.8 GB
Uploaded
871.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hi TeamOS Members, I'm stuck with a problem. My motherboard bios won't load, so I'm going to give it a try with reprogramming my bios chip with the original setup.
But my computer won't boot up and it doesn't detect any ports or devices to install from USB or any other external devices.
So I need to reprogram the chip using an alternative way which is reprogramming with the external program using a bin file.
I searched for Bios BIN files online but had no luck (found some in only paid sites). Does anyone have a bin file for this motherboard? Please share it with me.

QeC4Vo.png

Motherboard:

MSI H310M Gaming Plus
Bios version that supports: ms-7b28XX

Ranger

FB COMMANDER
👑 Administrator
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
258.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
99 (102)
Member for 3 years
Make Sure you need this :

L3GI0N5

Power User
Downloaded
209.2 GB
Uploaded
4.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
23 (24)
Member for 5 years
Hi, maybe this will help. NB! Use at own risk
Check your PM --- Hmm, seems i cant pm you... @ any moderators,admins, Am i allowed to post the upload link to my mediafire for him?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
First of all stay away from paid sites that offer bios, most of the time those are scams or fake and will only steal your money.

Something isn't right here or doesn't make sense. Why did you conclude that your bios is not working? What makes you believe that? I am asking because from what you write, nothing points to bios being faulty. I assume you tried to reset to defaults? Did you try to flash (reprogram as you say) the bios in the past and somehow failed?

Even if you get the BIOS files, how are you going to use it since to flash the bios you need a USB thumb drive to place the file so it can be read by the flashing utility, let alone a keyboard to use the bios. Are you going to use an external chip programmer like the CH341? If that is the case then the file doesn't have to be a .bin file. Bin stands for binary but companies use different extensions often. MSI uses the filename to ensure that you have the correct bios for the right motherboard and the extension is the version of the bios. For example, the older version from 2020 is E7B28IMS.190 and the latest version from 2022 is E7B28IMS.1b0. E7B28IMS is the mobo code, extension is the version. In any case, those ARE bin files so if whatever software you want to use can't see them, just rename them to .bin and it will work

You can find the official bios on the website https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H310M-GAMING-PLUS/support
They have all the versions from 2018.

Best of luck.

ki_2004

Downloaded
260.1 MB
Uploaded
9.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Have you done basic checks like re-seating all components? Sometimes RAM modules do not make a firm contact with the socket and PC just does not POST.
At least I observed it with one of my PCs. When powered on it would do nothing with a blank black screen. Just the CPU fan would run.

Do you have BIOS debug LEDs on board, if so do they report anything?

Taurus

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.3 GB
Uploaded
401.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
If your computer is not booting and going straight into BIOS then load your optimal defaults from the menu and that shud settle it.

If you are getting a blank screen then pull out the power plug.
Hold the computer on/off switch on for about 15 seconds.

Now take out the CMOS battery from the motherboard for 10 seconds and then put it back. Once it boots in to the BIOS load the optimal defaults.

Flashing the bios is the last last option. ;)

hamabe

: It's that time again : 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
435.9 GB
Uploaded
37.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
This is a Windows 7 era mobo and does not have onboard debug leds or BIOS flashback button

If you think you screwed up with the flashing process,
you can always contact manufacturer support which should have been the first step before looking elsewhere
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H310M-GAMING-PLUS/support

TheHarperdragon

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
916.7 GB
Uploaded
157.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Something that I see a lot while checking online - GPU issues

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
254 (262)
Member for 7 years
remove mobo battery, or hold screw driver on 3 pin bios reset...

LeoRed

Downloaded
30.8 GB
Uploaded
871.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Make Sure you need this :
Thanks for the help, but this version is not what I'm looking for, it starts from 7B28XXX.
Anyway Thanks a lot

Hi, maybe this will help. NB! Use at own risk
Check your PM --- Hmm, seems i cant pm you... @ any moderators,admins, Am i allowed to post the upload link to my mediafire for him?
Thanks, If you have a .bin file please help,
Anyways, Thanks a lot

First of all stay away from paid sites that offer bios, most of the time those are scams or fake and will only steal your money.

Something isn't right here or doesn't make sense. Why did you conclude that your bios is not working? What makes you believe that? I am asking because from what you write, nothing points to bios being faulty. I assume you tried to reset to defaults? Did you try to flash (reprogram as you say) the bios in the past and somehow failed?

Even if you get the BIOS files, how are you going to use it since to flash the bios you need a USB thumb drive to place the file so it can be read by the flashing utility, let alone a keyboard to use the bios. Are you going to use an external chip programmer like the CH341? If that is the case then the file doesn't have to be a .bin file. Bin stands for binary but companies use different extensions often. MSI uses the filename to ensure that you have the correct bios for the right motherboard and the extension is the version of the bios. For example, the older version from 2020 is E7B28IMS.190 and the latest version from 2022 is E7B28IMS.1b0. E7B28IMS is the mobo code, extension is the version. In any case, those ARE bin files so if whatever software you want to use can't see them, just rename them to .bin and it will work

You can find the official bios on the website https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H310M-GAMING-PLUS/support
They have all the versions from 2018.

Best of luck.

One of my friends has an external chip programmer (yes similar to CH34). with his help, I'm going to rewrite Chip with original bios. As my computer won't start, I do not have any other option to restore my existing bios.
In any case, those ARE bin files so if whatever software you want to use can't see them, just rename them to .bin and it will work
Thanks for the information, I will try this one with the latest drivers.

Have you done basic checks like re-seating all components? Sometimes RAM modules do not make a firm contact with the socket and PC just does not POST.
At least I observed it with one of my PCs. When powered on it would do nothing with a blank black screen. Just the CPU fan would run.

Do you have BIOS debug LEDs on board, if so do they report anything?
Yes, but it won't boot up. stuck at debugging mode (flashing debug lights/MEM and CPU). I have checked all components one by one, and they all are working fine, but my board won't go forward. it stuck at the start.

If your computer is not booting and going straight into BIOS then load your optimal defaults from the menu and that shud settle it.

If you are getting a blank screen then pull out the power plug.
Hold the computer on/off switch on for about 15 seconds.

Now take out the CMOS battery from the motherboard for 10 seconds and then put it back. Once it boots in to the BIOS load the optimal defaults.

Flashing the bios is the last last option. ;)
Checked and did not work, so the only option left is flashing bios.

This is a Windows 7 era mobo and does not have onboard debug leds or BIOS flashback button

If you think you screwed up with the flashing process,
you can always contact manufacturer support which should have been the first step before looking elsewhere
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H310M-GAMING-PLUS/support
No points, the warranty already expired and in my country vendor stopped supporting it.

Something that I see a lot while checking online - GPU issues
I'm using onboard VGA.

remove mobo battery, or hold screw driver on 3 pin bios reset...
Tried reset to bios, but no luck.

AND THANKS ALL FOR THE SUPPORT ON THIS :h:

Last edited:

LeoRed

Downloaded
30.8 GB
Uploaded
871.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Dear @admins
I have got BIOS so you can close this

Thanks all for your support
LOVE U TOS team

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Glad you did. What solution worked out tho? So others who might face the same issue will know in the future?

LeoRed

Downloaded
30.8 GB
Uploaded
871.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Glad you did. What solution worked out tho? So others who might face the same issue will know in the future?

I recovered my motherboard by replacing the BIOS chip with a donor chip
ADVISE: If your motherboard is not turning on and has no physical damage on it, you may be able to recover the MB by reprogramming the BIOS chip.
You will find lots of tutorials on YouTube and on Google

Status
Not open for further replies.