Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Hi guys, I started getting this annoying error from yesterday. I searched the internet but none of the solutions worked for me and some of the solutions I'm afraid to run. Kindly help.

The error goes like this-
Runtime Error!
Program - Explorer.exe
This application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

After clicking Ok or close button, the explorer crashes and after restarting this error pops up back again. I haven't installed any new programs apart from the ones I installed in the beginning. And most of them are either originals or are from Team OS. I removed C++ all versions and downloaded from MS website and freshly installed them back. But the error is still there.

OS - Windows 8.1 Single Language English International. I'm afraid to run some of the solutions because I had removed store, defender and other crap from the ISO using Wintoolkit and those solutions involved using SFC and others. I have installed this OS from like two months or so and never caused me a problem.

eventvwr data-
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-09-06T16:54:43.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>17465</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>xyz</Computer>
<Security />
</System>

<EventData>
<Data>explorer.exe</Data>
<Data>6.3.9600.18460</Data>
<Data>57c1b8c1</Data>
<Data>msvcrt.dll</Data>
<Data>7.0.9600.17415</Data>
<Data>545055fe</Data>
<Data>40000015</Data>
<Data>0000000000057609</Data>
<Data>11cc</Data>
<Data>01d6846e0b596801</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\explorer.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\system32\msvcrt.dll</Data>
<Data>a8dfd675-f061-11ea-8298-6cc21774d055</Data>
<Data />
<Data />
</EventData>
</Event>

Please Help!

Mirkec

Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
57.6 GB
Uploaded
16 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
83 (96)
Member for 6 years
That is because you probably removed critical components... Do not remove it when you not sure...
Good luck. No help here except fresh install...

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Ok, try 2 things that may tell you and us more.

1. Boot into safe mode and see if the error persists. In safe mode, anything external to windows won't start. If the problem is not there, then it's caused by an external app that causes incompatibility issues and errors with visual C++ libraries.

2. Use system restore, and get your system back to a date you didn't' have issues. If the problem isn't there anymore, start installing/changing software and settings, one at a time, and let enough time between installs/changes to see which one caused the issue. That includes possible windows updates.

The problems you describe aren't always an issue with c++ libraries but many times its something that causes issues to the libraries, including extensions/addons/antivirus, etc. After doing the above, we will know more.

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@Mirkec bro,
Fresh install is the best option I agree. But I lost my pendrive which is solely my problem. :speechless::p
But I need to keep it running for sometime until my exam finishes which is in a month.

I used WinToolkit actually to modify the ISO. Removed the components related to Windows Store, Xbox and a set of pre-installed crappy 8.1 apps. Maybe the only system level thing I removed were Onedrive and Defender. Everything else remains untouched. :speechless::speechless:

@Cyler bro,
Safe mode isn't showing any such errors. Will try system restore. But after safe mode reboot the error isn't popping up for sometime now.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
@Cyler bro,
Safe mode isn't showing any such errors. Will try system restore. But after safe mode reboot the error isn't popping up for sometime now.
That's actually very good. We now exclude the possibility of hardware issues (corruption) and also the OS being at fault and needing re-installation. If more times pass without issues, it could also mean that whatever the OS needed to do to correct the error (like finishing internal updates, etc), it could do it in safe mode without interruptions.

Dont try system restore just yet, let it till you see the error pop again. If it does, it's important to remember the last few actions you did and the programs you ran cause that is more likely the real cause of your issue.

Mirkec

Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
57.6 GB
Uploaded
16 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
83 (96)
Member for 6 years
@Mirkec bro,
Fresh install is the best option I agree. But I lost my pendrive which is solely my problem. :speechless::p
But I need to keep it running for sometime until my exam finishes which is in a month.

I used WinToolkit actually to modify the ISO. Removed the components related to Windows Store, Xbox and a set of pre-installed crappy 8.1 apps. Maybe the only system level thing I removed were Onedrive and Defender. Everything else remains untouched. :speechless::speechless:

@Cyler bro,
I agree, the components you removed are not big deal but WinToolkit is less user friendly and user can easily make missjudge and remove important components.
Maybe is nothing I said and Cyler can help you...
Good luck

Last edited:

GoldenEagle54

Downloaded
13.9 GB
Uploaded
16.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@Cyler bro, thanks. The error seems to have stopped though the explorercrashed thrice today. The only new thing I did was try Minecraft online. It required to download some specific shaders for specific games in the hypixel server. People trust hypixel but I'm not entirely sure. Or maybe it was some download error and the game ran on such a data?

@Mirkec bro, Any suggestions on modifying tools bro? NTLite is paid but I can get it here. Winreducer EX81 is a bit difficult to get and I had problems with it. I actually had followed a video of Chris Titus tech. But he modified a 10 Pro 1903, I did on 8.1 home. So I had a guidance of sorts. :nod::think::whew:

Mirkec

Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
57.6 GB
Uploaded
16 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
83 (96)
Member for 6 years
@Mirkec bro, Any suggestions on modifying tools bro? NTLite is paid but I can get it here. Winreducer EX81 is a bit difficult to get and I had problems with it. I actually had followed a video of Chris Titus tech. But he modified a 10 Pro 1903, I did on 8.1 home. So I had a guidance of sorts. :nod::think::whew:
NTlite, Winreducer,...
WinTool is an excellent tool but user need to be careful when removing...
You have Ntlite here also

Thread closed and tagged as completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.