Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Direct MassOS Linux - A New Perspective (V 2022.02.2)

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
MassOS - Minimal, without compromising on features.

QQR0i5.png

MassOS is a free (as in freedom) GNU/Linux operating system for laptops and desktops which is designed to be minimal and lightweight, without compromising on features.

MassOS uses a themed Xfce desktop environment. This allows it to be lightweight on system resources while still being visually appealing and easy to use.

MassOS is completely independent and not based on any existing GNU/Linux distribution. This means we are free from being tied down to distributions outside of our control.

With a 2 gigabyte USB flash drive, you can use the Live ISO to try out MassOS without making any changes to your computer, and see if it's right for you before you decide to fully install it onto your PC. If you do decide to install it, you can install it alongside your current operating system, or replace it entirely.

The MassOS system itself is under 5 gigabytes. Quite impressive for a GNU/Linux distribution containing a full desktop environment and common programs, as well as development tools/headers. Some distributions are able to achieve minimalism by using smaller replacements for common GNU software, at the cost of some features. With MassOS, you get the minimal size, without compromising the advanced features exclusive to GNU software.

Not Based On Any Other Distro​

MassOS is completely independent and built entirely from the ground up; it is not based on any other distribution. Due to not being dependent on another distribution, it is able to boast the latest and greatest in software versions.

The MassOS base system itself already contains a large selection of software which should suit most users. Instead of using a "classic" package manager (although one is currently in development), the universal Flatpak package manager (complemented by the GUI Gnome Software centre) can be used to install GUI-based software. AppImages are also supported. Additionally, developer-orientated users may also wish to compile software themselves, since the necessary tools and headers are provided with the system.

Installation Guide
HTTP:
https://github.com/MassOS-Linux/MassOS/wiki/Installing-MassOS

Documentation
HTTP:
https://github.com/MassOS-Linux/MassOS/wiki

Source-Code
HTTP:
https://github.com/MassOS-Linux

60a2f3ed922923c2cb3f451ba607db0bd16cbdef169a51809f3757f1cf8ad883 MassOS 2022.02.2 Live
f3bf6e039e2ded8db5307813ad3a572adcebea348eface727172acdeb27241c2 MassOS 2022.02.2 NoFW
09658d55027b762517612a6d351aa703cfbc5355f8402dc6c0223491c68dd59c MassOS 2022.02.2 RootFS

QQRdBg.png

QQRiyU.png

QQRLun.png

QQRmDq.png

coollogo_com-7466665.png

QQRq3m.png

coollogo_com-32439149.png

| |
After-Effects-Arrow-46.gif

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
225.3 GB
Uploaded
1.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
Looks very intriguing! Thank you @mobi0001

forso

Downloaded
340.4 GB
Uploaded
3.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thanks i will give this one a try

panomax

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
113.2 GB
Uploaded
474.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Not sure about its philosophy. Generally I don't like distro to include lots of apps. Would like to pick by myself. And don't like the reinvention of wheels like package manager.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Not sure about its philosophy. Generally I don't like distro to include lots of apps. Would like to pick by myself. And don't like the reinvention of wheels like package manager.
Unless you create one yourself, I am sure it ain't gonna work otherwise mate.

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
42.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
:hi: I think this is one of my fav. among the build you've shared
I love the extra apps, color and sleek look.
This is another amazing share by you and I truly appreciate it. :rock::)

Last edited:

panomax

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
113.2 GB
Uploaded
474.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
@reddove Glad you like it. @mobi0001 No, I don't need to create another one. There are already too many distros there. Some are fine for me, like Manjaro.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
@reddove Glad you like it. @mobi0001 No, I don't need to create another one. There are already too many distros there. Some are fine for me, like Manjaro.
Agree that Manjaro is really good. However, as I mentioned, as a human, we never are satisfied, and our expectations are always changing, rather increasing. Hence, I mentioned it the same.

navyfighter

Downloaded
85.5 GB
Uploaded
84.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Looks interesting. I'll try it out! Thank you

SynkOptik

Downloaded
143.5 GB
Uploaded
5.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Looks amazing. You created it? Kudos if so. Question though, because its independent. How do we install apps? I mean, I know there is an app store but what package manager does it use? it's own? Is there a container or do we have to compile all software from source?

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Looks amazing. You created it? Kudos if so. Question though, because its independent. How do we install apps? I mean, I know there is an app store but what package manager does it use? it's own? Is there a container or do we have to compile all software from source?
Nope mate, I have just shared here. I am not that intelligent enough to create my own Distro. At least not yet. Probably when I get old enough and retire, hopefully then.
For your other queries, it uses Flatpack & AppImages, but it has a detailed guide in its git pages/wiki pages. Check the links in the OP above and navigate its Wiki.
https://github.com/MassOS-Linux/MassOS/wiki/Post-Installation

alap4m

Downloaded
14.3 GB
Uploaded
119.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Looks great.
Is it different and/or better than Zorin 16?
Searching for an everyday (non-gaming) use Linux Distro with high reliability, efficiency, and not resource hungry.

SystemBreaker

Downloaded
1.9 GB
Uploaded
269.8 MB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
nice share good post bru

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Looks great.
Is it different and/or better than Zorin 16?
Searching for an everyday (non-gaming) use Linux Distro with high reliability, efficiency, and not resource hungry.
Zorin is heavy. This one is not heavy. But for daily use try LinuxLite or PopOS. Mint is a bit heavy, but less than Zorin.

SynkOptik

Downloaded
143.5 GB
Uploaded
5.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
That link be kinda shady. Finally, after like the 4th or 5th redirect, it worked. I was about to give up. Downloading now.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
That link be kinda shady. Finally, after like the 4th or 5th redirect, it worked. I was about to give up. Downloading now.
How is it SHADY? I have been using it myself for like almost 6+ months without any "shadyness", unless you mean captcha.
Use adblocker if you think otherwise. It blocks everything. Or else don't use at all. Simple. ?

Last edited:

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Do you use an adblocker?
Ublock Origin is a good one.

navyfighter

Downloaded
85.5 GB
Uploaded
84.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
You can just download the distro on github and avoid all that. But yeah Ublock Origin is great too.

SynkOptik

Downloaded
143.5 GB
Uploaded
5.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Do you use an adblocker?
Ublock Origin is a good one.
But Ublock blocks TOO MUCH! I'm racking my brain sometimes wondering 'whats up with this site' and low and behold it's Ublock.... if configured right I believe it would be something to boast about, like a lot of folks do. I... ffrankkly do not have the time to pick it up. I would just rather bite the bullet if something goes terribly wrong.. I mean.. I back things up so it's not much of a lost...it does get cumbersome to reconfigure my box (usually Linux) though... But yeah, if there was a pre-config out there.. I wouldnt mine looking into it.

TO ANSWER YOU QUESTION... :) NO.,.,.,,PROBABLY SHOULD THO,.

SynkOptik

Downloaded
143.5 GB
Uploaded
5.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
How is it SHADY? I have been using it myself for like almost 6+ months without any "shadyness", unless you mean captcha.
Use adblocker if you think otherwise. It blocks everything. Or else don't use at all. Simple. ?
Yeah, I mean captcha (if by captcha you mean redirects?). I will look at adblocker... thanks mate