Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Macrium Reflect v8 inquiry (maybe more)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LodeUnknown

Downloaded
21.9 GB
Uploaded
45.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I get that there's numerous uploads of the v8 version of macrium reflect here, and if what I seek can't be done without fetching a copy here then very well, but I understand the v8 has a dark theme, but from whaty I found out, its only for the paid version. Now I know that the v8 has an export/import option for program settings and such. Is there a registry value associated with the v8 version that enables/disables dark mode, I'd like to know so I could use it if at all possible

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,451.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
You can try this. It has the dark theme in the "Other Tasks" settings but i forgot to upload screenshot.

Last edited:

LodeUnknown

Downloaded
21.9 GB
Uploaded
45.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I downloaded it, keeping it seeded, but in the mean time, through the v8 settings, is there a registry value that dictates which theme is being used?

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,451.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
I downloaded it, keeping it seeded, but in the mean time, through the v8 settings, is there a registry value that dictates which theme is being used?
Look.... There are not registry keys to change the program called Macrium and make it green black or red and yellow this is the program and offers you a theme black or white.
There is no use to discuss it you have two choices black and white that's all if you are satisfied with this answer tell me or tell to another moderator or an admin to close this thread. You will not find better answer.

Richard_dn

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
705.4 GB
Uploaded
14.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Version 8.0.5594 Click Select Other Tasks - Then Change Theme. you will see this

LodeUnknown

Downloaded
21.9 GB
Uploaded
45.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
....can you really fault a guy for trying to find out whether or not it was possible? yeesh..

Richard_dn

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
705.4 GB
Uploaded
14.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
....can you really fault a guy for trying to find out whether or not it was possible? yeesh..
agree like if i cant get a dark theme, i bin the program instantly, life is too short to waste on sub par color schemes! :banghead:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
What you are asking is... not easy to figure out, unless someone had the exact same question as you for the exact same program and even version. The reason is that each software company and programmer can choose their very own and unique way on how to implement that. There are multiple ways to do this and then multiple variations and options in each way. They could use a registry key as you said, or an ini file or a settings file, or even can modify its own exe file.

Let's say they do it with a registry key... under what section and what name? A programmer has the freedom to create any key and any value for that key and place it in almost any section and so.. searching the registry for a specific name would be kinda useless. He can easily name the key Macrium_color_theme or potato_ketchup. Let's say they use a settings file? Which file, and where inside that file... you get the idea.

The only viable and not 100% guaranteed way you can try, is to use software that tracks windows changes during installation, locate which keys and files the software creates, keep a copy of those files on a different folder, do the theme change. and then compare the before and after folders to see what changed happens to the files/registry keys. Tedious work but... that's how hacking is.

One such program is systracer and can be found here.
You can use any tool to compare the content of 2 folders like WinMerge. Google can help you more on this as most programs are free to use.

Other than that I don't think you will find a direct answer and I assume you tried to google about it. If there isn't anything else to add, I think we can close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.