Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked mac issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariox34

Downloaded
98.2 GB
Uploaded
6.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
not sure if this is the right place to post this but i'm having an issue with my mac and was wondering if somebody here has had similar issues and know a fix to it.

so I have an old mac that still uses that 2.5 drive and did a drive replacement on it. it's running lion and when I boot into the recovery and try to do an internet recovery install it tells me that I can't so I tried making a usb bootable drive on a windows machine using transmac and when I try to boot to it doesn't come up with the option to boot to the usb drive any suggestion? thanks

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5 TB
Uploaded
268.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
I assume you are holding down the Option button, on boot, with the bootable USB drive in a USB port... right?

mariox34

Downloaded
98.2 GB
Uploaded
6.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I assume you are holding down the Option button, on boot, with the bootable USB drive in a USB port... right?
correct. doesn't show usb drive just internet recovery

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5 TB
Uploaded
268.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
correct. doesn't show usb drive just internet recovery
Perhaps the image wasn't created properly? I had the same issue, and ended up borrowing a mac, and creating a bootable recovery USB from it.
Lifewire dot com has a tutorial on how to create a bootable installer for OS lion. You might want to do a quick Google and find it, since we can't post URL's up on this site.

mariox34

Downloaded
98.2 GB
Uploaded
6.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Perhaps the image wasn't created properly? I had the same issue, and ended up borrowing a mac, and creating a bootable recovery USB from it.
Lifewire dot com has a tutorial on how to create a bootable installer for OS lion. You might want to do a quick Google and find it, since we can't post URL's up on this site.
Haven't tried the command line bootable method yet but I've seen it the thing is I only have the one mac was wondering if anyone knew a work around

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
This is a windows forum... you do realize that right @mariox34 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.