Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dio e Onore

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
2 (2)
Member for 7 years
Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask for some advice on installing Win10 for the first time.
Is LTSC better or Pro?
Someone mentioned awhile back that major things like hospitals use the LTSC releases.
This will be a 100% driver wipe and win10 install.
If someone would like to start a side convo with me and anyone else to discuss, I'd appreciate that as well.

Thank you

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@Dio e Onore get the LTSC you like best from here (avoid the minimal ones for normal use) and enjoy the ride. for those who don't know LTSC version is the most stable windows version out there. It gets only stable kernels that are tested for long (that's why its at 1809) and never gets system updates *the ones that break systems) but only security updates which is what we want. (words by @Cyler ).. Personally using Win 10 LTSC now & its best for me no useless constant updates no need to customize its just perfect for me out of the Box..

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Many features included in Windows Home and Pro are not present in LTSC.
Also be aware that not all apps will run on LTSC.
For example, Adobe have recently stopped supporting it so that means you would not be able to use the latest releases of Photoshop or Lightroom.

This is what Microsoft says about LTSC
"Important
The Long-Term Servicing Channel is not intended for deployment on most or all the PCs in an organization. The LTSC edition of Windows 10 provides customers with access to a deployment option for their special-purpose devices and environments."

To avoid disappointment, read this before you use LTSC
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-IT-Pro-Blog/LTSC-What-is-it-and-when-should-it-be-used/ba-p/293181

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Everything, absolutely everything depends on for what you will be using windows 10 for.

Is it for testing purpose, or daily usage purpose, gaming purpose, business purpose, a back up os, auditing purpose, likewise depending on the needs, there are tons of purpose and uses of windows version.

For instance, for daily usage purpose, windows 10 Home would suffice but there is no rule stating that you shouldn't install windows 10 LTSC/Enterprise Edition for home usage.

So, it all brings down to the question, what you are going to use the OS for.

My take on Hospital using LTSC release is, they don't need updated software to work for them. For doctors and medicial department, PC is something that sorts out their bulk files of patient details and their records that usually takes up halls of papers. So, they don't care if they are outdated to the current version if they can have a single version that is most stable and does work for them that want it to do. Thus, as long as the windows performs what they want i don't think they would raise an eyebrow if it is pro/ltsc/enterprise. For them, PC is just a tool to make their records easier, they have lots of other things to worry about, like patient.

As for Pro & LTSC difference. Apart from obvious stable kernal. The other thing is how quick the updates are for both.

You may get a update for every little thing in as quick as every 4 weeks for Pro version.

There maybe quarter/Half/Yearly updates depending on the integrity of the OS for LTSC.

Pro gets your system updated to the latest version available.

LTSC gets your system use the most stable version available.

The reason why it is called a LTSC is because the same version of LTSC in other version maybe old and patches for the version would have been stopped. But you will get the latest Medicines available for the LTSC as long as the servicing period remains.

Bottomline.

If you need a PC with latest updates, Use Pro.

If you need a PC with install and forget about the OS, use LTSC.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Everything, absolutely everything depends on for what you will be using windows 10 for.
. . .
If you need a PC with latest updates, Use Pro.

I agree with pretty much everything you said apart from "use Pro".
Why does nobody ever recommend Windows Home?

Many, perhaps most, new PCs and laptops come with Windows Home and most people manage OK with it.

From their descriptions it seems that most light and compact OS here have most of the Pro features removed or disabled.

I recently made my own custom OS for a laptop, starting with Windows 10 Pro. I wasted my time because when I looked at the final version it was almost identical to Windows Home.
My OS doesn't have Cortana or Edge, and file indexing is disabled. Other than that, in all important respects, it's Windows Home.

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Why does nobody ever recommend Windows Home?
Because the original post didn't ask for windows home.

All they did ask for is whether they should use Pro or LTSC.

As a person of this community, all i did was just answer to their question. I never recommend what to use because everyone's preference changes. Some users use pro even though home would be more than enough for them. They do it for various reasons, i personally have met few who told that they want pro, because they feel like using a superior product compared to home, even though they don't use any features that comes with pro. So, it's pointless to tell someone to use something based on our views. It's best to let them know what each thing does and decide it by themselves.

If the OP had something like this along the lines "I am planning to install windows 10 for the first time, which version would suit be best?" i would have recommended home but you can see that they have already gone past home and have trouble deciding between pro and ltsc. So, i thought it would be best to tell them about both rather than forcing them my views on them.

And the line "for latest updates, use pro" was in regards to the question asked by the OP in differentiating pro and ltsc. Not my overall recommendation for first time installation of windows 10.

Many, perhaps most, new PCs and laptops come with Windows Home and most people manage OK with it.
I completely agree. Even for many advanced user, home is suffice. Depending on the features that we need, there is absolutely no need to upgrade to pro.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
@Dio e Onore in simpler words and to make it easy:
Your system your choice upon your needs.
But if still you poll, LTSC anyday. No use playing poker when a safe gov bond is available for longer returns.

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
310.8 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I am a LTSC supporter. All apps that I need works (I don't care about Adobe) including Store, App Installer, Audirvana Studio, my ASIO driver, Goodhertz VST3 Plugins. I don't play games. Is the most stable and fastest version. Last year after updating my Pro windows an error ocurred and I had to reinstall it - TWICE! And they want to pay for this? But with LTSC never had such instability issues. Also I installed LTSC from this site (1809 & 2021 - @00Proteus00 is the Maestro) on many of my friend's computers and usually nobody had problems.

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
This may turn into Chit chat soon... I think the user should choose on his own... Thread soon to be closed

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@Dio e Onore you have enough answers now.. Try both see what suits your needs.. Thread locked & marked completed

Status
Not open for further replies.