Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Kindle ripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichalPlays

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
132.5 GB
Uploaded
20.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hi, I'm giving up on my Kindle reader (or as R. M. Stallman called it, Swindle) since Amazon ebook system sucks and I'm just tired of getting notifications about "rating" a book I'm reading, even though Amazon wrongfully banned me from writing reviews by pointing out a scam where someone was selling faulty adapters for Sony Alpha cameras, or stuff like forcing me to update the device in order to be able to continue reading a book. I have now 40 purchased books on my account with 10 of them being labeled as "unlimited device access" which means it doesn't have DRM but there are 30 books which have a DRM which will probably stop me from accessing them on my Honor Tablet with a 3rd party Ebook Reader that.
Does anyone have any idea how to get the books from my account and convert them with removed DRM into formats like EPUB?
I also have the Kindle app on my Windows PC where I also have access to all those books.

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
I read that adobe has an online converter to do just that

MichalPlays

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
132.5 GB
Uploaded
20.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I read that adobe has an online converter to do just that
I read this on some werid site which on the bottom of the "possible" options offered their "PDF converter tool" but it keeps the drm there.
The thing is that if Amazon does a BS move on my account and banns it which would also result in wiping all the devices like my FireTV Stick 4k or that Ebook reader, I would also loose the license to read all the purchased books. Amazon is basically like Nintendo. Even if you buy their products, you don't really own them XD

I heard Calibre would be the solution for this issue by installing the DeDRM plugin but it's not supported on my old MacBook with outdated MacOS and I currently have my old ThinkPad which would be too slow to run MacOS on VirtualBox or VMWare Player

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hello. Epubor Ultimate Converter, available here. Tutorials online and youtube. Depending on the model kindle, you can jailbreak and get rid of the adds and get it to read epub. Sometimes though it's easier in the long run to sell it and buy sometihing more suitable to your needs.

MichalPlays

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
132.5 GB
Uploaded
20.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hello. Epubor Ultimate Converter, available here. Tutorials online and youtube. Depending on the model kindle, you can jailbreak and get rid of the adds and get it to read epub. Sometimes though it's easier in the long run to sell it and buy sometihing more suitable to your needs.
I have the 2021 version which is running on the latest FW.
I'll have to check this tool out since it already seems to has to support removing the DRM and converting to epub. I'll give a feedback in about 3-4 hours when I get home.

MichalPlays

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
132.5 GB
Uploaded
20.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I'll give a feedback in about 3-4 hours when I get home.
On the latest version from TeamOS (3.0.14.314) it doesn't work with the Kindle KFX DRM which was included in my books like Fortune 69. It gave me an error message and redownloading didn't help here.

I downloaded the more recent version from a private russian warez forum which was the version 3.0.16.105 and this decrypted all the Kindle ebooks. I would gladly share it on this forum but I would have to modify the installer since it requires me to login with my forum credentials, it has the watermark of that forum and it is in Russian which I would have to translate back into english since the app was running with english UI.

Thank you very much for help and I'm very happy to escape the Amazon Jail XD
This tool will be also great for the future if some ebooks are Kindle/Amazon exclusive since I won't be buying any Kindle e-readers anymore.
Like I mentioned, I'll be using my Honor tablet for this stuff since I did get it for free with my S23 Ultra at my ISP back in 2023 and I already bought a app for android which has even more features than the Kindle Windows app and the reader

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Have a look on youtube about jailbreaking your kindle to get rid of the adds and to read epub, it can be don for a lot of models. Glad you got it sorted and thanks for getting back to to forum to report progres to share and help others.

Dark Wolf

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
883.4 GB
Uploaded
43.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
47 (47)
Member for 1 years
On the latest version from TeamOS (3.0.14.314) it doesn't work with the Kindle KFX DRM which was included in my books like Fortune 69. It gave me an error message and redownloading didn't help here.

I downloaded the more recent version from a private russian warez forum which was the version 3.0.16.105 and this decrypted all the Kindle ebooks. I would gladly share it on this forum but I would have to modify the installer since it requires me to login with my forum credentials, it has the watermark of that forum and it is in Russian which I would have to translate back into english since the app was running with english UI.

Thank you very much for help and I'm very happy to escape the Amazon Jail XD
This tool will be also great for the future if some ebooks are Kindle/Amazon exclusive since I won't be buying any Kindle e-readers anymore.
Like I mentioned, I'll be using my Honor tablet for this stuff since I did get it for free with my S23 Ultra at my ISP back in 2023 and I already bought a app for android which has even more features than the Kindle Windows app and the reader

So I take it your problem is now resolved?

MichalPlays

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
132.5 GB
Uploaded
20.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
So I take it your problem is now resolved?
yeah :)
That tool works without any problems and I was able to remove the drm and convert all the ebooks

Dark Wolf

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
883.4 GB
Uploaded
43.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
47 (47)
Member for 1 years
yeah :)
That tool works without any problems and I was able to remove the drm and convert all the ebooks

Thanks for letting me know. Thread now complete and locked.(Stoggie)

Status
Not open for further replies.