Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked IPv4 address changes when router reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayJay48

Power User
Downloaded
51.6 GB
Uploaded
201.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
2 (2)
Member for 5 years
If anyone knows why this happens? Changes from .100 to .125 or whatever. Then a week or sometime later goes back to .100 again after restart. I don't understand it. If anyone can explain to a dumb a** like me, much appreciated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
If anyone knows why this happens? Changes from .100 to .125 or whatever. Then a week or sometime later goes back to .100 again after restart. I don't understand it. If anyone can explain to a dumb a** like me, much appreciated. :)

Please edit the thread and write a better and more detailed description of the issue as well technical details like the modem type and how you connect to it (wifi or cable) and settings used. The way you wrote it can mean many different things and you want to avoid people asking and you explaining and this becoming a back and forth. For example:

Does your modem change IP (public IP) or your PC (private IP), or both?
Do you use DHCP?
Do you connect to other networks?
When the IP changes do you lose the internet or your lan?

The more info you will provide, the more chances of this getting solved quickly.

JayJay48

Power User
Downloaded
51.6 GB
Uploaded
201.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
2 (2)
Member for 5 years
The IP is main LAN connection. Three more pc's in the house connect to it by WiFi. When I restart router every once in awhile, then address changes. Then from other pc's here can't connect. Have to get new IPv4 address and connect then. It's private IP. I don't lose internet, just messes up my home network.

faiza

Downloaded
85.9 GB
Uploaded
6.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
sir .. change you router seting to manual instead of dhcp or auto ... assign ip your pc to manually from that ip pool ..

DemonRok

Downloaded
117.6 GB
Uploaded
602.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Just a restart of the router and the cache of the dhcp server is cleared. then the first pc that connects takes the first available ip.
If I can advise you, I would set a static ip to the laptops and modify the IP release by the dhcp server in a different range, for cell phones for example.
But it all depends on the model of your router and the features available.

PsyTom

Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Search for IP & MAC binding. Assign unique IP to every MAC.
may be router name and model no. might make better sense to resolve the problem.

JayJay48

Power User
Downloaded
51.6 GB
Uploaded
201.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
2 (2)
Member for 5 years
Thanks for replies. Will try.

Please edit the thread and write a better and more detailed description of the issue as well technical details like the modem type and how you connect to it (wifi or cable) and settings used. The way you wrote it can mean many different things and you want to avoid people asking and you explaining and this becoming a back and forth. For example:

Does your modem change IP (public IP) or your PC (private IP), or both?
Do you use DHCP?
Do you connect to other networks?
When the IP changes do you lose the internet or your lan?

The more info you will provide, the more chances of this getting solved quickly.
sir .. change you router seting to manual instead of dhcp or auto ... assign ip your pc to manually from that ip pool ..
Search for IP & MAC binding. Assign unique IP to every MAC.
may be router name and model no. might make better sense to resolve the problem.
Thanks for replies. Will try.

Status
Not open for further replies.