Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Direct InstantOS

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years

InstantOS​

QPQLwA.png

The instantOS project is currently in its beta stage of development, but offers a number of intriguing features.

InstantOS is an Arch Linux based distro that works out of the box but is still aimed at power users. Everything is lightning fast, flexible and just works.

In addition to the usual Arch packages, we also package for the Nix universal package manager (and NixOS) via instantNIX.

Overview​

Just works​

The user does not have to worry about everything from Wi-Fi to volume and brightness, theming and notification-management. A graphical settings menu ensures accessibility for anyone, just like with a desktop environment.

Power-user friendly​

instantOS has lots of functionality that goes beyond that of a normal desktop environment like tiling and instantASSIST that ensure a high skill ceiling

Ultra lightweight​

The RAM usage on idle is about 150-160Mb (tested on a fresh installation in a Virtualbox). That is less than half of what the lightest Ubuntu flavor uses. It comes with as little bloat as possible without sacrificing on features.

Feature rich​

The small footprint is not achieved through measures like slimming down the kernel or compromising on features and visuals.

Hybrid window manager​

instantWM can do both tiling and floating windows with none of them being a second class citizen. It maintains full feature parity with dwm when it comes to tiling, and the floating features can rival most conventional desktop environments.

Keyboard and Mouse/touch support​

A keyboard centered workflow can make you much more productive, but getting rid of the mouse is not the best thing for everyone. Tiling WMs actually make a lot of sense for tablets since screen estate is important and if you are using a graphics tablet it may be important as well to have a way of doing things with the mouse. That’s why the interface can be fully navigated using only the mouse.

Support/Community​

Until the user base outgrows this, any questions will be answered immediately by the devs.

The project also ships with its own graphical environment. This custom environment is called instantWM, and it offers both tiling and floating window management.

InstantOS is available in a single edition for x86_64 computers and is provided through a 1.4GB download. Booting from the downloaded media brings up a menu which offers options for booting into "Arch Linux".

HTTP:
https://instantos.io/
HTTP:
https://github.com/instantos

Before installing/trying read the review on distrowatch
HTTP:
https://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20220117#instantos

QPQDpn.png

QPQjvq.png

QPQtCW.png

QPQCrh.png

QPQbor.png

coollogo_com-7466665.png

QPQEwj.png

coollogo_com-32439149.png

After-Effects-Arrow-46.gif

Psajko2000

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
79.9 GB
Uploaded
286.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Looks kinda cool.. Probably will try it in VM, thanks.. ?

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Looks kinda cool.. Probably will try it in VM, thanks.. ?

Psajko2000

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
79.9 GB
Uploaded
286.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Thanks for reminding me that, will do.. ?

ManilaPaper

Downloaded
9.6 GB
Uploaded
10.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
thnks for sharing this, gonna try this to vmware

panomax

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
113.2 GB
Uploaded
474.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I will also check web site. Sometimes I will pass a distro based on its web site

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
I will also check web site. Sometimes I will pass a distro based on its web site
Err, in my opinion, that would not be the right way. Books wise also it is the same. Example: Ever read JHC (james Hadley Chase)? His book covers have skimpily clad images, but in reality not even a single KISS mentioned (at least not in the ones I read). The same is as for websites. Never the right way to judge.

Last edited:

panomax

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
113.2 GB
Uploaded
474.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Err, in my suggestion, that would not be the right way. Books wise also it is the same. Example: Ever read JHC (james Hadley Chase)? His book covers have skimpily clad images, but in reality not even a single KISS mentioned (at least not in the ones I read). The same is as for websites. Never the right way to judge.
Of course, it would be better to judge based on comprehensive info. Though like dating, frequently your face dictates how attractive you could be :D

Psajko2000

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
79.9 GB
Uploaded
286.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Sometimes its really good and new distro project that lack html skills, but have a really solid distro to show.. Try show off of distro on yt if site dont look good for you and than give up.. :D

panomax

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
113.2 GB
Uploaded
474.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Sometimes its really good and new distro project that lack html skills, but have a really solid distro to show.. Try show off of distro on yt if site dont look good for you and than give up.. :D
The problem is we have too many, yes, far too many, distros to begin with. Like dating again, we just can't date with every woman.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
The problem is we have too many, yes, far too many, distros to begin with. Like dating again, we just can't date with every woman.
Get married mate and then settling is..... :p ?

nuttz

Queen of the Water
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
208.5 GB
Uploaded
102.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
56 (55)
Member for 8 years
love evrything that small and fast and yes this is ,if any1 knows of a fix for it's wifi isues please pm me as if a fix comes for wifi this definetly worth reinstalling back on my other system

ModManG

Don't steal, the government hates competition!
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
160.9 GB
Uploaded
46 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Love you @mobi0001but this is a little bare-bones for me. It's kinda broccoli and I'm looking for cake. As always, Thank you

love evrything that small and fast and yes this is ,if any1 knows of a fix for it's wifi isues please pm me as if a fix comes for wifi this definetly worth reinstalling back on my other sys

Seems that to be Arch based all the wifi stuff should just work. The FAQ on their website is no help and the write-up on DistroWatch talks about it with no solution.

panomax

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
113.2 GB
Uploaded
474.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Love you @mobi0001but this is a little bare-bones for me. It's kinda broccoli and I'm looking for cake. As always, Thank you

Seems that to be Arch based all the wifi stuff should just work. The FAQ on their website is no help and the write-up on DistroWatch talks about it with no solution.

Thanks for sharing your trying. I would like to try it too cause it is Arch based. But now looks better give it more time to grow.