Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Installing Windows XP on Lenovo G50 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raimund

Downloaded
18.7 GB
Uploaded
53.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hello all, I've been asked by a friend to install Windows XP SP3 32bit as a secondary system on his Lenovo G50 Laptop (which is mainly holding Windows 7) due to work requirements, he just need to install it nothing else with no drivers setups, and I've made changes to laptop bios and enabled the Boot mode to legacy support and SATA Controller Mode to Compatible instead of AHCI but still the HDD not shown in windows setup menu. Please any help would be appreciated as I'm drained and tried all steps and methods. Screenshots will be attached to show further information about the problem

Attachments

• 20210910_132026.jpg
    20210910_132026.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210910_132047.jpg
    20210910_132047.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 20210910_132928.jpg
    20210910_132928.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
68.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
368 (420)
Member for 9 years
I have moved your thread at Help and Request center
Good luck

thejus

Downloaded
106.5 GB
Uploaded
63.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
get the SATA drivers from intel site then integrate the drivers in that XP ISO file. create new xp iso with integrated drivers.use this iso to install this laptop.

Proteus

acta non verba
âš¡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
Easiest thing to do is get the SATA drivers from the manufacturers website, then make a floppy with it. When Windows XP setup asks for additional drivers to load during setup, insert the floppy and it will load the SATA driver, THEN it will see the hard disk. I have to use an external floppy drive when I install XP on slightly older computers since MODERN lappies dont have floppy drives.

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
227.6 GB
Uploaded
1.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
Try this XP :

Raimund

Downloaded
18.7 GB
Uploaded
53.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thank you all, I hope that version of XP works, and if possible @thejus can you show me how to integrate drivers in windows ISO, also @00Proteus00 unfortunately I do not have any floppy drives of any sort as I mentioned before an posted in screenshots the HDD is not detected, I just need some way to make or (force) that detection happen hence I'll be able to install windows easily.

ifanyonecan

Downloaded
59.4 GB
Uploaded
43.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I think you will need to turn off secure boot in Bios > Security

SydneyM

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
52 GB
Uploaded
57.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Can Windows Xp handle the size of the allocated hard disk?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
The answers that are given above are all correct and valid but just to help the OP understand better, I will say the following.

Windows XP (2001) was made way before Sata disks were released (2008) and because of that fact, it doesn't recognize them during installation as it practically doesn't know they exist. Because MS figured that someone will try to install XP on something that doesn't exist yet, it gives 2 ways of adding support for hardware that isn't supported by the installation when it comes to setting up.

1. As @00Proteus00 said to press F6 when you are at the first screen (you will see a message at the bottom) and add the drivers via floppy (you can buy USB external floppy drives if your PC doesn't have any).
2. A technique called Driver injection. As @thejus said you need on a different PC to:
  • Download the XP ISO on the disk
  • Download the SATA driver for your laptop or your chipset (the hard part)
  • Add the driver directly to the driver list of the XP installation inside the ISO using such programs as nLite
  • Write the new ISO back to a USB and ready to install
The exact steps on how to do a driver injection in XP can be found all over the net simply by googling about it. You can find step-by-step guides with images and because of that, there is no point really in just copy-pasting here. Just google SATA Drivers Slipstream into Windows XP CD
3. Alternatively, as @Astro said you can download that XP that already has the drivers for SATA slipstreamed and if you are lucky... you are lucky.
4. Make sure that your disk is not more than 2 TB (which I doubt but you never know) cause that is the max disk XP can see as @SydneyM suggested.

Nothing more we can do from our side. You were given excellent solutions all you have to do is follow them. The thread will close so it won't become a chit chat and if you need a follow-up, talk to a mod/admin to reopen.

Best of luck and I hope it helped.

Proteus

acta non verba
âš¡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
Can Windows Xp handle the size of the allocated hard disk?

XP can handle up to 2tb if Im not mistaken, anything over 2tb requires GPT

Status
Not open for further replies.