Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Install Win7 or Win10??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhorse

Downloaded
30.9 GB
Uploaded
61.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is the correct group to ask this question, but I hope nobody will mind. I have a doubt and didn't find and direct answer from Google. I'm going to reinstall my Win in day or two but I have a doubt which OS to install. I have a legal Win7 but I'm considering to go for Win10 on my rather older ASUS G72GX laptop but still in excellent condition (with SSD). Now, the doubt is should I install a legal WIN or move to TEAMOS Win10 OS??
Would you guys recommend what to do? Win7 is going to end the support soon so not sure which way to go..
I'm keeping my laptop pretty safe and I know how to download things from the internet, so not planing to doing any OS re-installs in the following year or two..

Than you for your thoughts..
Best,
Madhorse

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11368 (11368)
Member for 8 years
Go with W10 and use digital activation script to activate. You will be good for years barring any mishaps. >>

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
254 (262)
Member for 7 years
I agree with spacely, as windows 7 only has less than 9 months of life...

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Some distro's are also pretty nice ;)

Kat17

Downloaded
53.2 GB
Uploaded
20.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Windows 7 had a good run from October 22, 2009 to July 14, 2020. (11 years) be missed but not forgotten.

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
225.3 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
Linux.

Kat17

Downloaded
53.2 GB
Uploaded
20.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Correction: October 22, 2009 to Jan 14, 2020, I guess I was wishful thinking to say July 2020.:p

ElectroPig

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
7.2 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I'd say upgrade the HD (or SSD) to a larger unit, set 128Gig aside for Win7, and the rest for Win10, so you can test them both simultaneously.

If you think about it, you could also do a backup as soon as you've got the Win7 reinstallation completed and configured, so that way, if Win10 doesn't work as cleanly on that machine, you can just go back to the single Win7 OS on the machine by restoring the backup, and then resize your partitions to take back the rest of the drive.

If they both work well, then you should be able to back up the entire OS HD with both OS versions, and you'll always have a bootable system to work with, while keeping your old software, and being able to run the newest stuff as well.

I also reccommend that people do a pre-first-boot HD backup on ANY new machine that they didn't build themselves, to be sure they've got a way to go back to the "bone-stock" configuration if they ever intend to sell it in the future.

Basically, pull the HD and back it up on another machine BEFORE you boot it for the first time, or just boot to USB/CD/DVD like Hiren's or Sergei Strelec's, and back it up the entire HD that way.

Also, make sure that you find ALL AVAILABLE UPDATES and store those on the same drive as your pre-frst-booth OS HD backup, so that you can bring everything up to date without downloading the (*@#ing updates again, in the event you need to.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Since you have licensed Windows 7, you should do legal upgrade to Windows 10.
1st of all, you should download MediaCreationTool1809 and follow the instructions.
Microsoft said (legal) upgrades would be possible until 07.29.2016, but you can still upgrade and get "legal" activation so next time you want to do a clean install, you can install (the same version, Home, Pro) Windows 10 without Medicines and your key (from BIOS) would be applied for activation.
If you have fast enough PC, go with Windows 10 (but 1st do upgrade).

Madhorse

Downloaded
30.9 GB
Uploaded
61.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Thank you all guys for your suggestions!

Hawkeye

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31.7 GB
Uploaded
23.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
216 (218)
Member for 7 years
Thank you all guys for your suggestions!

with that said plus this thread could go on forever thread is now locked and complete

thank you too all who made suggestions :rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.