Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tutorials How To Turn Off Or Disable Windows Copilot In Windows 11

WhiteLocks

eXPerience
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
774.5 GB
Uploaded
7.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Windows 11 September 2023 Update adds Windows Copilot to the operating system. Windows Copilot aims to replace the digital personal assistant Cortana and can do much more. Simply put, it’s Bing Chat on your Windows 11 desktop!

In Windows 11, the Windows Copilot can be accessed by clicking its icon on the taskbar or using Windows logo + C hotkey.

Qed9a5.jpeg

Once the Windows Copilot pane is open on the screen, you can start asking your queries. The Windows Copilot gets answers using the information available on the internet.

While many users may like this feature, there might be users who do not want to use Windows Copilot.

If you, like me, want to get rid of the Windows Copilot icon from the taskbar and turn off/disable the feature completely, this guide is for you.

Method 1 of 3

Remove Microsoft Copilot from the Windows 11 taskbar​

NOTE: The Windows Copilot can be accessed with the Windows logo + C hotkey even after removing its icon from the taskbar. If you want to get rid of Copilot, turn it off or disable it via Group Policy (Method 2).

Step 1: Go to Windows 11 Settings > Personalization > Taskbar page to see taskbar settings.

Step 2: Here, on the right side, click Taskbar items to expand the same.

QedQom.jpeg

Step 3: Finally, turn off the toggle button next to Copilot to remove the Copilot icon from the taskbar.

QedZwA.jpeg

Method 2 of 3

Remove the Windows Copilot icon from the taskbar via Registry Editor​

Step 1: Open the Registry Editor by typing Registry Editor in the Start/taskbar search and press Enter key.

Click the Yes button when you get the prompt.

Step 2: In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

Step 3: Now, on the right side, look for ShowCopilotButton. If absent, right-click on an empty space, click New, click DWORD-32 Value, and then name it ShowCopilotButton. Double-click on it.

Qedv1R.jpeg

Step 4: Set the value data to “0” (zero) to remove the Windows Copilot icon from the Windows 11 taskbar. That’s it!

QedUAe.jpeg

Method 3 of 3

Turn off or disable Copilot in Windows 11 via Group Policy​

This method does not apply to Windows 11 Home edition as Local Group Policy is unavailable in the Home edition.

Step 1: Type Edit group policy in the taskbar/Start search and then hit the Enter key to open the Local Group Policy Editor.

Step 2: Navigate to the following folder:

User configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Copilot.

Step 3: Here, on the right side, double-click the Turn off Windows Copilot option to open the properties page.

QedxiU.jpeg

Step 4: Select the Enabled option (to disable Copilot) and click the Apply button to save the change. That’s it!

Qedzpn.jpeg

Windows Copilot feature is now successfully disabled. The feature cannot be accessed from the taskbar icon or Windows + C hotkey.​

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11378 (11378)
Member for 8 years
@WhiteLocks Wonderful. Another app forced on us by MS. :banghead: Thanks for this.

SlavkoPejic

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
200.5 GB
Uploaded
80.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Great Share Thanks a lot @WhiteLocks :clap: :h:

Indianboi

Downloaded
2.1 GB
Uploaded
6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Thanks a lot! It woked!

mikal_s

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
132.4 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
thanks a lot for this, just another bit C**p MS keep forcing on us

pascalwil

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
36.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thanks for the tip.
Is Copilot taking a lot of room on the hard drive?
If so how can one remove it beside disabling it?
I'm asking because I read from MS the following: Copilot is a built-in feature of Windows 11, and unfortunately, it can't be uninstalled like a regular app.
Thanks

Cheers

Last edited:

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
42 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
:hi: Thanks for the info @WhiteLocks,
yeah, I'm like you, I have no use for copilot, well,
unless I was flying a plane, which I wont, because I don't know how
never wanted to learn, cause it's just plain scary,:)