Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked How to restore Windows 10 from a usb 100% silent

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
316 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
As I said. Today I will install Windows on a friend's laptop. She said "a guy told me that it is possible to restore windows, apps, settings from a usb stick 100% silent, just boot and wait". She is blind, so is very important the process to be 100% silent, not a single click. Of course with the same hardware, partitions and if no problems occure. What do you think? Post only if you did this, I know there are many restore and backup apps. Thank you!

EDIT: Of course considering usb boot is the #1 priority in BIOS.

Last edited:

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
In theory it it possible but in practice not so easy. I have used all the major software, Aomei, Easeus, Acronis, Paragon, Minitool, Eassos, RollbackRX, etc and all of them require some user input to carry out the action of recovery. Also, you would have to set the bios to boot from the usb, which would require input. The nearest I can think of is Aomei Onekey as it can save a backup on an existing hard drive if there is space and doesn't require a usb boot. However it requires input to choose and confirm the backup or restore. It should be possible to automate this operataion, something like gs autocliker perhaps? It would be worth your while to email Aomei and ask them can the backup and restore be automated, I'm sure they will understand and try to help. I'm sorry I'm not much use, good luck with your good deeds.

Phrankie

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
340.6 GB
Uploaded
620.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
101 (100)
Member for 2 years
I highly recommend AOMIE Backupper I use it everytime until now because when I modify new release of windows I use my main pc because of two factor first is my pc due to low memory virtual machine won't work second one is if I use my main it's faster than having a virtual machine I use 3 USB flashdrive the first one contains my system backup including apps, settings and data all of it inside backup by AOMIE Backupper and the second one it contains windows pe which is AOMIE Backupper installed to access the pc without booting your main and to make backup and restore process also the last one is contains my new bootable windows untouched ready to flash in my main

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I've been going through the softwares to look again. I had forgotten that Terabyte image for windows has a scripting capacity. You can capture actions and save them as a script for repeat action. These scripts can run from the Terebyte bootable usb so it could be automatic. Check out the Terabyte website for instructions, it's great software and very reliable and I'm sure if you post on the forum there that they would be of help. One thing to consider is that it may be better to run the operation from the usb rather than windows because if your windows is an issue then it may not be possible to recover windows from inside windows. You will also have to make sure that the bios is set to boot from the recover usb when needed.

Megaraider

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
24.7 GB
Uploaded
133.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Knowing that nothing is really PnP neither full proof, and taking into account what you've explained i would rather take another approach.
Better than "a guy told me that it is possible to restore windows, apps, settings from a usb stick 100% silent, just boot and wait"
is "a guy told me that it is possible to freeze the windows OS and forget about any unwanted changes"

Much like enabling 'Kiosk mode' but with a 3rd part software tool to avoid all known Win bugs and limitations!
(These approach was/is the best approach and was/is widely used on online gaming rental coffee shops for fps online games, ever since counter-strike emerged)

As an example, no affiliation or whatever, take a look at faronics site and see on-premise tools. These days they even provide user data retention across reboots.
Hope to be helpful...

hamabe

: It's that time again : 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
435.9 GB
Uploaded
37.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Something like the old Deepfreeze for Windows 7 but recovery image is backed up to USB
Try Faronics Deploy Imaging > USB Media Creator tool feature
see if these are the features what you want
https://docs.faronics.com/faronicsdeploy/os-deployment/usb-media-creator

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
RollbackRx or Rollback Restore from Horizon data systems both work well and provide different options for what you are investigating. Shadow defender is also a good option and perhaps the easiest to use and you can choose a single partition rather than just the full drive. Deep Freeze is also good but can be a bit harder to use. It might be an idea to place documents in a cloud sync, online storage has become affordable now and it would be a great safety net for important passive storage. You will need plenty of free space on the drive to allow for the restore points.You could also move the user profile (desktop/documents/downloads etc) to another partition or drive to preserve it even after restore operations. Most common stuff is saved under the user profile so it should preserve most of the day to to day stuff.

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
316 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
OK. Thank you for all your advices, great community, will come here to apply your ideas. I think admins can close this. The idea of moving user profile to another partition or better disk is also valuable. I used Deep Freeze many yesrs ago - good but not for personal use. If you are tired and forget to disable it when you make important changes BOOM! - they are lost after restart. I will come here from time to time, good references, used only DISM, Acronis, Norton Ghost (he he). Thank you and have a great weekend!

Toxined

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
20 GB
Uploaded
101.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
@DGrigorescu you got any achievements? I'm just curious about this hence I also need to learn about this. :devil:

Ranger

FB COMMANDER
👑 Administrator
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
258.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
99 (102)
Member for 3 years
OK. Thank you for all your advices, great community, will come here to apply your ideas. I think admins can close this.
Ok @DGrigorescu ...

Status
Not open for further replies.