Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked How to prevent "hit and Runs" after a power outage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamdunk65

Downloaded
341.3 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
My town had a tornado that knocked out the power. When power came back on.....the laptop I was using as my daily driver was locked out of Win11. The error message at the log in screen was something like "to many unsuccesful attempts have been made to log in. Please wait 6 hours and try again". It didn't matter how long I waited same message. That gave me one hit and run! I then decided to Re install Windows on another laptop and start over. I got the second laptop up and running last night. This afternoon I started having thermal issues with the second laptop. On that second laptop I have 4 new downloads that I don't want to take a hit and run. I since have Re installed Windows on a third laptop and set it up. My question is can I copy over the 4 downloads from the second laptop to the third laptop so I don't take any "Hit and Runs? If so do I place them in the download folder too?

Mr. Spacely

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11435 (11435)
Member for 8 years
Yes, copy files to USB or whatever. Put them in downloads folder and then add and open .torrent files or redownload torrent and your client will recheck and start seeding.

Toadiller

āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
411.9 GB
Uploaded
1.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I'd do the same, but make sure you use Acronis True Image to backup your torrent data -- just as a failsafe ;)

Uncle Mac

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Yes, copy files to USB or whatever. Put them in downloads folder and then add and open .torrent files or redownload torrent and your client will recheck and start seeding.
Is this your second account.. he got lappys like you do.. lol

slamdunk65

Downloaded
341.3 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I have always used a free ?torrent app, any recommandations on a better torrent downloader. This one is asking me to update to paid version.

Jerry_Xristos

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
I have always used a free ?torrent app, any recommandations on a better torrent downloader. This one is asking me to update to paid version.
No need to go with the paid version you can stay with the free one, or you can try another client if you want.
In case you stay with uTorrent there is a program called uTorrent backup, you can keep backup with this software and in case of any failure you can restore you backup torrent files.

Code:
https://github.com/sebestindragos/uTorrent-Backup

slamdunk65

Downloaded
341.3 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
No need to go with the paid version you can stay with the free one, or you can try another client if you want.
In case you stay with uTorrent there is a program called uTorrent backup, you can keep backup with this software and in case of any failure you can restore you backup torrent files.

Code:
https://github.com/sebestindragos/uTorrent-Backup
I was able to install a new client and copied the downloads to the third laptop. Then I added them one by one into the new client. When I woke this morning all of them are seeding. Thanks for all the help! Cheers...

Jerry_Xristos

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
thread closed as solved