Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

How To PM? (I think i might be going schizo?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LodeUnknown

Downloaded
21.9 GB
Uploaded
45.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
ok, i feel like i might be going crazy and having some kind of a concentrated and advanced 5head moment, but a few years ago, i was able to have some PMs/Conversations with at least three users, who are still on my conversations section. And i'm trying to do so again with another user at the time of this post.....but i....uh....forgot how to? at the very least, im exploring every button on their profile and im not seeing a "Start a Convo", or a simple "PM" button

assuage my craziness for a moment.....did Private Convo's get turned off site wide, or am i just REALLY blind (and a few other things) right now?

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Regular users simply do not have those permissions.

LodeUnknown

Downloaded
21.9 GB
Uploaded
45.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
....so we had them in the past, and they got locked behind....a requirement?
if that line of thought i got is right, then.....what kind of user would i have to be to get DM privileges?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Verified users and up can start a PM with anyone.
No, registered users never had that option, at least as long as I am on this site. The reason is spam. Mod/Admins cant see PMs so all it would take is someone making an account and by using a script, could spam all members and try to advertise or worse, spread viruses.
You can write to someone's wall if you like but that is visible from all, or if the person is Verified and above, you can ask them to start a PM with you.

Thats about it.

LodeUnknown

Downloaded
21.9 GB
Uploaded
45.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
and would i be correct to assume being verified would mean contributing to the forum somehow? i remember getting a special badge on another forum for finding out a browser trick that wasnt on file, and got told it was a reward for contributing some info that no one else on that forum found yet

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
No need to assume, you can read more about it here:

Everything in our forum has to do with community involvement and the more active one is the better the chances of moving up to higher ranks.

Even us admins and mods were registered users once.

LodeUnknown

Downloaded
21.9 GB
Uploaded
45.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I.....guess that answers the rest of it. I....think im halfway getting there? at least on the likes/posts spectrum. Uploads are close to 50+ GB

Guess that's it then, thanks :)

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Not for the eyes of staff.

Pst.....

*In whispering voice* Lemme tell you a secret hack.

Make someone above the user rank of registred users as a friend. 😉 And tell them to start a conversation between you and desired user until you yourself are capable of starting a conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.