Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked How to keep Windows Service (JENKINS) keep running!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonsnowww

Downloaded
12.3 GB
Uploaded
7.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hi Guys! Iam currently using SIMPLIFY10V.2 by tomecar....recently i installed Jenkins in my system....my problem here is the "JENKINS Service" is keep stopping automatically.....whenver it stops, i need to manually start the service....but again in 3-5 seconds it stops automatically. Please help me with this guys!
QvjvVE.png

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
141.8 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@jonsnowww Please post your problem on the thread itself so author & other members using can help you.. Probably custom windows with many dependencies removed dont expect much as its difficult what might be missing.. I will suggest get a complete Windows instead Goodluck

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
316 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Completely agree. I use an app called Audirvana Studio. This app use App Installer. I like lite builds because I have an old PC but WAIT - App Installer error appears and couldn't use my app. So I learned to use untouched builds or not so modified builds.

externalityez

Downloaded
72 GB
Uploaded
188.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
What you are looking for is called "NSSM - the Non-Sucking Service Manager" It is easy to config and should meet the requirements you mentioned!

Last edited:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Everybody blames windows :p Remember people, windows will never start or stop a service on its own unless it's been told so, there is a conflict, or there's a critical error.

In this case, it's probably either the Java Runtimes or another app that uses port 8080.

Possible problem No1:
Jenkins is trying to start Java from c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_144\bin (or something similar) but if you did a Java update, the path changed and the software sadly doesn't look in the new path.
In the installation folder, there is a jenkins.xml. This contains the reference to the java installation in the tag. Change it to your current java installation and it will start again.
Keep in mind that there is a version-independent absolute path, that can be used to start the java run-time: C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath\java.exe.
Also deleting the jenkins_agent.pid and restarting might help if the above steps alone won't fix the issue.

Possible problem No2:
A different application/service is using TCP port 8080. You can never have 2 apps using the same port. Check the jenkins.err.log and see if that is the issue. You can check which app uses which port with TcpView.

If the above won't help, maybe downgrade JDK? If I remember well Jenkins uses JDK 8 to 11 so it might have issues with newer versions? It's also very rare (but happens a lot to us developers) that your windows log is full of events. When the log is full, a lot of services that generate log messages fail to start. You lose nothing by checking this and clearing the logs.

Hope it helped.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
My dears..."Jenkins" is open source continuous integration (CI) project, written in Java...our developers should know that!:D
@jonsnowww
To avoid this behavior, you can use the following trick: execute the command with the addition of the & symbol - as a result, the command will be executed in the background and control will return to the command line, and to ensure that tasks are not completed after disconnecting from a remote system...you can use the nohup utility, which allows processes to continue running even after you log off: nohup java -jar jenkins.war &

Last edited by a moderator:

jonsnowww

Downloaded
12.3 GB
Uploaded
7.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Guys this is my "jenkins.err" file response [URL]https://pastebin.com/Td1cKgXi[/URL]

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
141.8 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@jonsnowww this is not support site to check for not working softwares.. please avoid outside links & refer to what @Cyler & @externalityez said.. & as said above if doesnot work get a complete windows.. Thread locked & marked Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.