Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked How to GPT move ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMQUA

Downloaded
160.1 GB
Uploaded
165.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I have a GPT formatted harddrive that is packed with data and i was installing a new computer
and took this disk from my ''old'' computer and connected it to my new one, and the new 'puter read
it as MBR and are telling me it has to be formatted to work!

PANIC ENSUED ,and i disconnected the disk from my new computer and connected it to the old one again,
and now the same shit occured at that one, windows reads it as a MBR and says it has to be formatted!??

I paniced again, and without further ado i ran a data recovery program to save as much i could from the disk,
with quite a good success i might add. But it took FOREVER to do, and now i've converted the disk back to GPT and put back the data i had saved on it.

So my quandary is this;
How do i move a GPT formatted disk from one windows to another without having to loose all data on it,and get the new windows
to recognize it as GPT and not read it as MBR????

Would really appretiate some help with this, so thank you before hand if you can help in any way!!

Regards
AMQUA

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
141.8 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@AMQUA you can use ease us partition master or aoemi partition utilities they have option to convert mbr to gpt & vise versa without data loss.. in case you are worried for data use any winpe like sergic stregic hiren boot & get backup of your data..

loader72

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
175.9 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Best practices are learned the hard way. Image/clone the drive/partition--before you futz with it.
MediCat is an awesome utility...almost every nut and bolt you might need.
Data goes to another drive-always, and never buy the cheapest drives...yeah, its a pain in the butt.
Good luck mate. peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.