Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked How to block and delete Synaptics\Synaptics.exe virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudi1

Downloaded
28.2 GB
Uploaded
100 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
For quite some time I have a problem with this virus and I can not block it in order not to install itself. Does anyone know 's the solution how to block and delete this virus for ever?

Code:
22-08-2021 09:49    C:\ProgramData\Synaptics\Synaptics.exe    is infected by a Virus ( 0055903c1 )    Action Pending ( Quarantine the file,Disinfection not possible! )

22-08-2021 09:49    c:\programdata\synaptics\synaptics.exe    is infected by a Virus ( 0055903c1 )    Action Pending ( Quarantine the file,Disinfection not possible! )

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Where do you think its coming from as you seem to be fighting it. Whats your Windows OS your on. WHAT software might be the culprit

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,403 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
How do you try to block it? In the exclusions of your antivirus? If you cannot block it you must uninstall the program that has to do with this virus. Also check if it will still remain in the registry and delete the keys.

rudi1

Downloaded
28.2 GB
Uploaded
100 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I have windows 10 x64.I have no idea with which program appears this File, I tried with some antivirus programs, but when the antivirus delete it or put it in quarantine when I restart PC, this file is appear again.Is it any option to block it so they cannot install it in this folder or something else?

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,403 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
Synaptics must be something that has to do with your monitor your screen or with your graphics did you install or update any driver? A program that needs Synaptics to work?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
@rudi1

Synaptics.exe is part of the driver for your laptop's touchpad... it's not a random file. Use safe mode and you can delete/remove any file. You can google how to enter safe mode so you can see step-by-step guides in case you don't know how. You can also try to uninstall Synaptics software which most likely will unlock the file.

Having said that, synaptics.exe is actually a system driver and that's why you can't delete it because it's in use by windows. I believe that this is not a virus but it probably got infected from somewhere else. If you remove that and you haven't cleaned your system, you might get it again, and your touchpad will stop working.

Try uploading that file to virustotal to be 100% sure it is a virus and before you enter safe mode to erase it, make sure you download a new driver from your manufacturer or Synaptics website to have it ready to re-install.

Hope it helped and good luck.

rudi1

Downloaded
28.2 GB
Uploaded
100 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
I do not have a laptop and also not touchpad software.What I know any component in my computer does not need Synaptic drivers. When synaptics.exe is active windows no longer work more than it should.Virus 100%. In the folder is only this file.Is it posible to block this folder ,so the synaptic.exe can t access to this folder again?

Jimmy Collaros

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.8 TB
Uploaded
1,403 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
870 (869)
Member for 8 years
I do not have a laptop and also not touchpad software.What I know any component in my computer does not need Synaptic drivers. When synaptics.exe is active windows no longer work more than it should.Virus 100%. In the folder is only this file.Is it posible to block this folder ,so the synaptic.exe can t access to this folder again?
And how did this folder got there something you installed and made this folder. I don't think it was there before.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
As I said above, safe mode is the fastest and easiest solution, or use a bootable Win PE like Hirens, etc to erase the file. There are ways to block folder access but they are not 100% guaranteed especially if a virus runs with administrator's rights. If there are ways to block access, there are ways to regain access... and it's not a very effective solution in general.

If however, that's the way you want to do it, google "how to block access to a folder" and you can find many solutions.

Last edited:

rudi1

Downloaded
28.2 GB
Uploaded
100 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Thank you for your help I will try yours suggestions.

SydneyM

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
51.7 GB
Uploaded
57.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years

rudi1, have you tried to run Malwarebytes antimalware or Superantispyware on your system?​

rudi1

Downloaded
28.2 GB
Uploaded
100 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Yes I try but the programs find the virus then delete it but when windows restart this file appear again :(

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Yes I try but the programs find the virus then delete it but when windows restart this file appear again :(
I would do a new install.. A complete one.. No Upgrading and watch what you install later

Status
Not open for further replies.