Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked How much do you trust Windows Defender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravn

Downloaded
2.1 GB
Uploaded
4.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Hi, i'm using free/paid/c***** Internet Security software since i started working with pc's. And now i am using Kaspersky (pls no discussion over russia is using that for a bot network or something like that) Internet Security. But its getting on my nerves. Now that want a email for the Trial time, just like about every other security software. And i want to stay safe when i surf/download and etc. (I know nothing is safe if its connected to the internet. But you know what i mean). All the real good Security software is either not c****** ( like bitdefender), blocks too much or doesnt have a "learning mode". Thats why i would like to give Defender a try.

What i would like to know, is what do you think about Defender. What Security software do you use? Do you pay for it, is it free or is it c******?

Last edited by a moderator:

BoboN

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
268.9 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
ATM. I only useing Windows defender, have acutaly never used others, its find what its need, and so it is easy to found out... - Sometimes I use malwarebytes as a extra check, but I delete it again after check.. - So at all I only use Windows defender :)

Ravn

Downloaded
2.1 GB
Uploaded
4.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
ATM. I only useing Windows defender, have acutaly never used others, its find what its need, and so it is easy to found out... - Sometimes I use malwarebytes as a extra check, but I delete it again after check.. - So at all I only use Windows defender :)

Can you make like a folder that it doesnt inspect? And when you start a ***** or anything else, does it asks you if it should block it and just click on to let the program run? Or do you have to get it back from the quarantine everytime?

BoboN

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
268.9 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Can you make like a folder that it doesnt inspect? And when you start a ***** or anything else, does it asks you if it should block it and just click on to let the program run? Or do you have to get it back from the quarantine everytime?
yes,

QG6G9K.jpeg

If you push Real to close before you unzipping your c**** files så no problems :)

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,590.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
First thing after windows installation, for me, is to remove defender and edge! Never use it!
I Use ESET for years!

testament

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
34.9 GB
Uploaded
24.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I use ESET Smart Security and every 30 days (or less) before the key expires i have a new key from ESET.
The only things you want to have are:
a. to download once the software from ESET (what you prefer, Antivirus-Internet Security-Smart Security-Endpoint)
b. a temporary mail to register
c. a storng password.

ESET it isn't the best antivirus but i don't want to download cr@ck antivirus versions.
Also i have completely remove Windows Defender from the installed Windows iso with MSMG Toolkit

Last edited:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
With every such question, you mostly get 2 kinds of answers. Subjectives and Objectives.

Subjective because each PC, each user, and each use scenario is different.
* A lot depends on your user's behavior. Do you download from trusted sources or whatever you find? Do you open every email you see? Half the protection starts from knowing what to do but most important, what NOT to do.
* It depends on PC specs up to a point. Let's say an a/v uses 1 core to do a scan. If you have a dual-core that means it uses 50% of your CPU, if you have a 6-core it uses 16% of your CPU and if you have a 12-core it uses only 8%... So is it heavy and slow at 50% or light and fast at 8%???
* Do you download and update a lot of files like more than 500 a day?? A/v will take more resources than if you download a program every week. A/V doesn't rescan things they already did unless there is a change.
* Do you use SSD, NVMe, or old spinner disks? Performance depends a LOT on this factor alone.

So If one uses a dual-core with a spinner disk, any antivirus will suck and slow the PC down a lot, if I use a 6core and SSD, you probably won't even feel it. That's why opinions are subjective.

Objective answers are the answers you can get from independent labs (avoid the mainstream "tests" as those are paid advertisements) and see statistics and compare on your own. For example https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/
The image speaks for itself
QG6YXc.jpeg

Comparing apples to apples.
Defender is NOT an antivirus only. It protects Windows files and your files from ransomware by restricting access to document folders and so you will never see your files renamed. It offers account protection (offline and online), antitamper protection, and many more while other antivirus offers less. My point tho here is when you have an APP that does 10 different things, it's not fair to compare it with an app that does 2 of those, even tho they are both antiviruses and you need to weigh this in.
It's like asking 1 person to do 10 things, another to do 2 things, and then wondering why the person that does 2 things finishes faster. :p

So my suggestion and subjective answer based on personal experience on my own PCs and clients' PCs is that Defender is an excellent program but you should check and form your own opinion. After all, why not test-drive it? Install a Windows with Defender, set it to which folders to scan and which not, let a couple of days pass, and see how your life is. If you don't like it, remove it with one of the many tools on the net.

Last edited:

Vorgarag

Downloaded
5.2 GB
Uploaded
5.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Hi, how to remove windows defender ? What tool you use, i tried winaero but it doesn't disable it, i also tried the tutorials about changing windows registry to disable it, but it didn't work. i am using win10 neon gamer.

BoboN

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
268.9 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hi, how to remove windows defender ? What tool you use, i tried winaero but it doesn't disable it, i also tried the tutorials about changing windows registry to disable it, but it didn't work. i am using win10 neon gamer.
ex. this: >>This<< can do it for you

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
366 (418)
Member for 9 years
Try this one to totally disable it
If you want to remove it try this one
DISM++

Vorgarag

Downloaded
5.2 GB
Uploaded
5.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Thank you for fast answers, i tried Defender Remover, and removed Windows defender, but after restarting it is shown in services list that it is still running. Then i tried Defender control to disable it and i says, Windows Defender service not found.

Mohic4n

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
55.2 GB
Uploaded
579.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
.... subjective answer based on personal experience on my own PCs and clients' PCs is that Defender is an excellent program but you should check and form your own opinion...

I quote that !!
Defender is a very well build all around software that really do a very good job. Especially the latest versions for Windows 10 and 11 are completely different from previous older ones.
I have it on a lot of my clients and don't have problems for years... They are not the kind of download stuff from internet or whatever receive in their emails.
For business environments always insist on paid products, BitDefender, F-Secure, Eset, are some of what I propose, without meaning that other software is not good.
Best thing to do is try them yourself and decide what you like most.

sandyss18

Downloaded
43.4 GB
Uploaded
71.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
With every such question, you mostly get 2 kinds of answers. Subjectives and Objectives.

Subjective because each PC, each user, and each use scenario is different.
* A lot depends on your user's behavior. Do you download from trusted sources or whatever you find? Do you open every email you see? Half the protection starts from knowing what to do but most important, what NOT to do.
* It depends on PC specs up to a point. Let's say an a/v uses 1 core to do a scan. If you have a dual-core that means it uses 50% of your CPU, if you have a 6-core it uses 16% of your CPU and if you have a 12-core it uses only 8%... So is it slow at 50% or fast at 8%???
* Do you download and update a lot of files like more than 500 a day?? A/v will take more resources than if you download a program every week. A/V doesn't rescan things they already did unless there is a change.
* Do you use SSD, NVMe, or old spinner disks? Performance depends a LOT on this factor alone.

So If one uses a dual-core with a spinner disk, any antivirus will suck and slow the PC down a lot, if I use a 6core and SSD, you probably won't even feel it. That's why opinions are subjective.

Objective answers are the answers you can get from independent labs (avoid the mainstream "tests" as those are paid advertisements) and see statistics and compare on your own. For example https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/
The image speaks for itself
QG6YXc.jpeg

Comparing apples to apples.
Defender is NOT an antivirus only. It protects Windows files and your files from ransomware by restricting access to document folders and so you will never see your files renamed. It offers account protection (offline and online), antitamper protection, and many more while other antivirus offers less. My point tho here is when you have an APP that does 10 different things, it's not fair to compare it with an app that does 2 of those, even tho they are both antiviruses and you need to weigh this in.
It's like asking 1 person to do 10 things, another to do 2 things, and then wondering why the person that does 2 things finishes faster. :p

So my suggestion and subjective answer based on personal experience on my own PCs and clients' PCs is that Defender is an excellent program but you should check and form your own opinion. After all, why not test-drive it? Install a Windows with Defender, set it to which folders to scan and which not, let a couple of days pass, and see how your life is. If you don't like it, remove it with one of the many tools on the net.
Great reply. To the point

Harry Hole

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
460 GB
Uploaded
2.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I have used various antivirus internet security and such but late what's worked for me is Defender, but I also use DefenderUi makes it easier when installing wares and then as back up I have the usual
free programs
Malware bytes
Malwarehunter
Superantispyware
Spybot
esetonlinescan
awcleaner
if I have been busy I might use these once a week or if I have a panic on :) if I have not been so busy not so often
😁

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
93.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
264 (272)
Member for 7 years
defender I hate it... since day 1! lol

znop01

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
200.9 GB
Uploaded
801.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
As a rule, I avoid using a 3rd party application if Windows can perform the same function. I use Windows Defender and trust it implicitly as it hasn't failed me yet.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11530 (11530)
Member for 8 years
Everyone has a different answer / opinion. Panda Dome is my preferred. With that said, thread closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.