Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked hello anyone with experience in dealing with RANSOMWARE. Does HDD or STORAGE REQUIRED TO BE LOW LEVEL FORMATTED PRIOR TO a fresh win10 reinstallation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don AL

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
180.9 GB
Uploaded
351.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
thank you in advance

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
307 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
337 (356)
Member for 10 years
Just format drive when you get to screen with drives listed. I wouldnt format storage or you wll loose stuff

parvinder 2018

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.8 GB
Uploaded
57.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Yes. Format is the best option but i am not formating my disc because of data i am infect. 20% from ransomeware my data was incripted
Eg.- xx.mp4.xml. Many dicripter not working i am just removing incripted files and format my c drive and scan with kaspersky,malwarebites resque cd then fine

Don AL

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
180.9 GB
Uploaded
351.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Yes. Format is the best option but i am not formating my disc because of data i am infect. 20% from ransomeware my data was incripted
Eg.- xx.mp4.xml. Many dicripter not working i am just removing incripted files and format my c drive and scan with kaspersky,malwarebites resque cd then fine
thanks but its infected even dropbox files and one drive files. so ya.. no choice but to format.

Don AL

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
180.9 GB
Uploaded
351.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Just format drive when you get to screen with drives listed. I wouldnt format storage or you wll loose stuff

I'm lovel level formatting the secondary drive thou. anyways not much files so shud be ok. thank you

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
No need to LOW-level format. Just do a normal/quick format. There is no low level anyway it's just zero-fill wipes which in your case it's not needed and it's waste of time and lifespan of disks if they are SSD.

Even then tho the issue should not be considered resolved unless you found the entry point. For example, it can be a file in an email attachment or something you downloaded. If you use it again, you will get infected again. Keep in mind that ransomware like any virus can only infect and spread via Executable files (of any type) and not images or music or video etc. So if you have such files not encrypted, you should back up those (and only those) making sure no executable will remain from your old installation.

SydneyM

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
52 GB
Uploaded
57.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
No need to LOW-level format. Just do a normal/quick format. There is no low level anyway it's just zero-fill wipes which in your case it's not needed and it's waste of time and lifespan of disks if they are SSD.

Even then tho the issue should not be considered resolved unless you found the entry point. For example, it can be a file in an email attachment or something you downloaded. If you use it again, you will get infected again. Keep in mind that ransomware like any virus can only infect and spread via Executable files (of any type) and not images or music or video etc. So if you have such files not encrypted, you should back up those (and only those) making sure no executable will remain from your old installation.
The wise man @Cyler. Lucky we have a good team on board TeamOs.;)

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
First wipe out entire partition you have by formatting it.
No need to use low level format.

Second, now you can reinstall windows 10.
After reinstall your OS, now can delete all data from your cloud storage.

Don AL

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
180.9 GB
Uploaded
351.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years

thank you very much for your input.

faiza

Downloaded
85.9 GB
Uploaded
6.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
normal format is ok ..