Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

First Post Dualboot Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

AegeanSea

Downloaded
29.4 GB
Uploaded
10.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Im new in the comunity but there is a topic that recently has been confusing me and that is usign DualBoot ... to install various System on the same system , but:

Can you Boot your PC using an ISO image located in your Hard Drive ?
With What Tool ?

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Hello so yeah first of all Dual Boot is possible so you will be able to run 2 or more Operating Systems from same Hard drive.
There are 2 ways to Dual Boot.
First of all you can use Program such as VmWare Workstation which allows you to create a virtual environment on your Hard drive & run the desired OS you want to run by allocating required amount of Ram, Hard Disk space etc. However it allows you to run on a virtually created environment & not booting directly from the Hard Drive.

Dual Booting consists of running 2 or more Operating System from the same Hard Drive. For this you will need to partition your Hard Drive & install the desired OS you need. Example you can install Windows 10 on C Drive partition while running Other OS even if its Linux or Windows or Mac OS on other Partition eg: D drive.
While you start your System after installing the OS on the different Partitions you will shown a Boot Dialog showing Options to run which Operating System you want to proceed with Windows 10/Windows 8/Linux/Mac OS whatever you have installed.

There are tons of articles available on Dual Booting on google. For more info i would like you to check HowtoGeek guides on detailed explanation of Dual Booting. Hope i explained you well enough.!

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.6 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
Well sayd, i like you'r info :)

Mindsnake2

TRUE PATRIOT AND FRIEND TO ALL!!
⭐ VIP
Downloaded
9.2 GB
Uploaded
878.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
thanks for the easy to understand info. appreciate it.

The Rain

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
117.6 MB
Uploaded
1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
2203 (2193)
Member for 10 years
1st poll not allowed for registered users so be careful next time
2nd this is not the actual section where u posted your thread so next time when u think to post then use post and share section and request or help section , main sections not allowed
post is moving now

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
@ , Thank You.. And thanks to the rest here also.
Thread seem more than Complete and I have Locked it.. I can
not see the need for more advise witch might only confused.
Thanks again Guys

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Im new in the comunity but there is a topic that recently has been confusing me and that is usign DualBoot ... to install various System on the same system , but:

I know I've answered this question a number of times in the past.... but I'll answer it again. :)

Please follow along with these detailed instructions as a missed step can cause a problem. I've done this a number of times successfully so I know a thing or two about this.
As stated earlier by @Yash Dedhia, there are two main ways you can dual boot.

1: Via VmWare Workstation. As stated, you can run an OS in a virtual machine using a certain amount of ram and running in a virtual hard disk.
Though this is not really dual boot as it does not show up in your system's boot menu, it will allow you to test an OS without re-partitioning your HDD.

2: Dual boot. This is somewhat involved but not hard to do, so please follow along. In order for a Windows dual boot to work correctly, you need to first back up all the data you want to save.
Second, re-partition your HDD. There are various tools out there to make this easy, but my favorite go-to tool to use is It's a very easy to use tool that runs off a USB drive, and you boot off the USB drive outside of Windows.
Once booted to gparted, just follow the instructions in the partition wizard and re-partition your HDD.
Third, once done re-partitioning your HDD, install the older Windows OS FIRST. Once done setting that up, then install the newer Windows OS SECOND. (IE: Win. 7 - 8.1 - 10, not the other way around) If you install the newer first then older, then dualboot will not work correctly.

Note: If you want to dualboot Windows and Linux, then install your flavor of Windows first, then your flavor of Linux second for it to dualboot correctly. It will not work the other way around.

Once finished, reboot your machine and you should see a boot menu with your installed OS's.

Can you Boot your PC using an ISO image located in your Hard Drive ?
With What Tool ?

I know there is a way to do this. The old method was to extract the contents directly to the root of your blank HDD and boot to that and install, but the preferred method these days is to simply burn your ISO directly to a USB drive then install.
The best tool to burn an ISO to a USB drive is , and it's one of the preferred tools here as it is very easy to use. Instructions on how to do that are here:

Hope all this helps you.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
I know I've answered this question a number of times in the past.... but I'll answer it again. :)

Please follow along with these detailed instructions as a missed step can cause a problem. I've done this a number of times successfully so I know a thing or two about this.
As stated earlier by @Yash Dedhia, there are two main ways you can dual boot.

1: Via VmWare Workstation. As stated, you can run an OS in a virtual machine using a certain amount of ram and running in a virtual hard disk.
Though this is not really dual boot as it does not show up in your system's boot menu, it will allow you to test an OS without re-partitioning your HDD.

2: Dual boot. This is somewhat involved but not hard to do, so please follow along. In order for a Windows dual boot to work correctly, you need to first back up all the data you want to save.
Second, re-partition your HDD. There are various tools out there to make this easy, but my favorite go-to tool to use is It's a very easy to use tool that runs off a USB drive, and you boot off the USB drive outside of Windows.
Once booted to gparted, just follow the instructions in the partition wizard and re-partition your HDD.
Third, once done re-partitioning your HDD, install the older Windows OS FIRST. Once done setting that up, then install the newer Windows OS SECOND. (IE: Win. 7 - 8.1 - 10, not the other way around) If you install the newer first then older, then dualboot will not work correctly.

Note: If you want to dualboot Windows and Linux, then install your flavor of Windows first, then your flavor of Linux second for it to dualboot correctly. It will not work the other way around.

Once finished, reboot your machine and you should see a boot menu with your installed OS's.

I know there is a way to do this. The old method was to extract the contents directly to the root of your blank HDD and boot to that and install, but the preferred method these days is to simply burn your ISO directly to a USB drive then install.
The best tool to burn an ISO to a USB drive is , and it's one of the preferred tools here as it is very easy to use. Instructions on how to do that are here:

Hope all this helps you.
No Problem Mate.. This undeleted and stands.. Thanks as always

Status
Not open for further replies.