Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Dual Booting Windows 7 & Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

x69xGT500x

Downloaded
24.2 GB
Uploaded
9.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Is it possible to install both Windows 7 & 10 for a dual boot configuration? Any info would be great.

Uncle Mac

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Yes, it is possible to dual boot Windows 7 & 10. Before I go on though, I'm assuming that you are setting both up on the same hdd.
I'm also assuming that you backed up any important data before you continue on here. :)

1. Reformat & re-partition your hdd. There are a number of free tools out there to do this, but my number one go-to tool to do this is gparted.
is a free easy to use tool that you install onto a flash drive. Just boot your machine to the flash drive with gparted on it, follow the easy instructions & your hdd will be reformatted & re-partitioned. The amount of space you give each OS is up to you.

2. Reboot and install Windows 7 on the FIRST partition. Once done, go on to the next step.

3. When you are done setting up Windows 7, reboot your machine and install Windows 10 on the SECOND partition.

Once you are done installing Windows 10, then you will see a dual boot screen with both Windows 7 & 10 on it. From that screen you can select either OS to boot into.

Please note - in order for dual boot to work in this config, the older OS has to be installed FIRST, then the newer OS.... otherwise it will not work.
Also... you cannot mix 32bit & 64bit OS's together in this config. It either has to be all 32bit OS's or all 64bit OS's.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. ;)

Good luck! :cool:

Big-elephant

Downloaded
16.6 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Great . Thanks for the information.